Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 2014 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

The season begins THURSDAY, September 4, 2014. NO late registration!!!!

How to Play

1. It’s simple. Click on the following link and it should take you to the ESPN pigskin pickem site. If you don’t have an ESPN profile, you will have to set one up. Trust me, it’s worth it!!!! If you joined in on the other ESPN contests earlier this year, that profile will work. In fact, as a bonus to joining us in the Pigskin picks, you’ll be able to easily compete in other contests such as March Madness and College Bowl Mania (you might even win a trophy!).

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin...p?groupID=2043

Click the “Get Started” button and follow the steps to register in our group.

Password: roland (all lower case) - please do not share this with any non-members of this site.

If you have questions about how to set things up in our group, post your questions and the community of folks here will try and help you out.

2. The contest will begin with the first regular season game in Week 1. Only one entry per person in our group and it must be identifiable to me as a member on this board or you can PM me with your ESPN handle. Once the season has started the group is locked. This means that any latecomers will not be able to join (sorry about that!), so please get in early. Picks for week 1 can actually be made now!

3. The contest will end at the conclusion of the regular season unless ESPN continues into the playoffs (which has not happened in the past). We can continue talking smack all the way through the playoffs, though!

4. At the end of the regular season, whoever has the best Win/Loss record wins the coveted First Place trophy. We also award trophies for Second, Third, and (much sought after, one of a kind, not available in any other contest) Last Place Trophy**

Last year’s winners were ELazansky – First Place, cit1974 – Second Place, Garrell – Third Place, and doh – Last Place.

**In order to qualify for last place, you need to pick every week, however, If you mistakenly miss picking one or two games (i.e. a Thursday or Saturday game), we can do the math and, with penalties, make adjustments. To be safe, just be sure to get IN THE GAME each week and make your picks early!!!!

If you need ANY incentive, here is a sample of a few of the trophies given out over the last few years:

Good luck everyone!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

So excited!

The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in............... Great to see football back......

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

GUNZUP4LIFE = BROWNING'S CHILDE
    Sloth Love Chunk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    GUNZUP4LIFE = BROWNING'S CHILDE

You think that will help? If so, maybe I should try. Lord knows I've been terrible in the past!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only 9 people so far. I like my odds!!!!!

Get IN THE GAME, folks! Just a couple of weeks to go.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in I think.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm in I think.
    Traditionally you are copefiend - correct? If so - I don't see you on the list.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Duh! Now I am in.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm in I think.
    Traditionally you are copefiend - correct? If so - I don't see you on the list.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw we're up to 14, get in on it people!
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Football returns. I am saved.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am ready for another season of football!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Minor NSFW, also don't know why it is showing up small.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Minor NSFW, also don't know why it is showing up small.

Ummm, He's not quite ready, your honor!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice doh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

And my axe!

But seriously, I am going to try to go for first this year. Hopefully I won't need to worry whether to tank or not. Heh.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let's do it - First time for me... I have no idea which teams to pick

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm psyched - it's that time of year again!!! I'm in - #19!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Country
    Country Flag

Oh nice! New blood and old blood! I'm sure there will be a race for the top - and then the race for the bottom!

I'll plan to suck, as usual. :p

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh nice! New blood and old blood! I'm sure there will be a race for the top - and then the race for the bottom!

I'll plan to suck, as usual. :p
    At least you'll be in good company, my brutha!! LOL

Edit: Whoa!!! 18,500 posts!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Big mouth!

Spoiler:
    Just kidding. :p

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Big mouth!

Spoiler:
    LOL Nah, I do have a big mouth!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Big mouth!

Spoiler:
    I'd say prolific.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All signed up - ready to add another trophy to the mantle

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Big mouth!

Spoiler:
    I'd say prolific.

Well, it does hold my entire foot at times!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast