Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My embargo is ending in a few hours
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok guys, sorry I've been away awhile but I went to the Irish premiere of IT last night and to tell you...
    It is great. The story differs from the book from time to time as did part 1. The similarity between and adult actors was uncanny... I cant wait to go and see it again.
    Dont wait for the DVD the cinema is the place to watch this...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Agreed -- I got to see it in IMAX last night. There have been a lot of complaints about the length, but I never once found myself thinking about the passage of time.

There are a couple of terrific cameos, too, although one of them may pass by a lot of younger viewers (and it's not someone you'd expect to show up in a horror film).

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The evening compare also made a comment that the director wants to make a chapter 3 but his sister/producer said leave it at the end... interesting to see what happens.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    The evening compare also made a comment that the director wants to make a chapter 3 but his sister/producer said leave it at the end... interesting to see what happens.
    That he's even considering it really gives me pause. Justifying a third It film because of glimpses of backstory in the novel is right up with there with Peter Jackson pretending that the Hobbit required three films because of the appendices.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    That he's even considering it really gives me pause. Justifying a third It film because of glimpses of backstory in the novel is right up with there with Peter Jackson pretending that the Hobbit required three films because of the appendices.
    I tend to agree, but there are millions of years of backstory alluded to in both the book and the movie that could be addressed. The caveat being that we'd always know Pennywise wins, to some degree.

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't mind going back to when the circus first opened.that could make a good spin off...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So apparently IT 2 is just an average film. Bummer.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

I saw it yesterday and the writing is just really dumb & silly, and the CG creatures very cartoony. Very disappointing apart from a handful of greatly executed scenes and delightfully weird visuals. Bill Hader is fantastic, though.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    I saw it yesterday and the writing is just really dumb & silly, and the CG creatures very cartoony. Very disappointing apart from a handful of greatly executed scenes and delightfully weird visuals. Bill Hader is fantastic, though.
    With all respect, I have to disagree.
    I loved it! Some are complaining over the length of the film.. obviously not SK fans.
    I never minded the graphics, thought they were fine.
    And the script was great.. great gag reel also!

My review is now up at NewsFromTheDeadZone.com

Country
    Country Flag

I'm seeing this tomorrow. Given the general consensus that this isn't as good as the first one and my already lukewarm feelings on the first film I'll be keeping my expectations in check this time.

I will miss how much these films made Stephen King a cultural phenomenon again. I know they will be adapting every SK book under the sun because of this but I don't see any of them being as big as It was. (Maybe The Stand could have done it if they actually made it into a film trilogy as opposed to a streaming show.)

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Bloody-Disgusting interviewed one of the film's cameos. Putting it under a spoiler tag just in case:

Spoiler:
    It's Brandon Crane, the young Ben Hanscom from the miniseries.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/interv...e-chapter-two/

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Work has been torture. I swear every minute has been doubled. It doesn't help that my buddy who went to the screening last night has been raving about it. I can't wait for the premiere later tonight. Word has it the theater is gonna have collectible cups and tubs too.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Rose and I are seeing it tomorrow. Woot woot.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    So apparently IT 2 is just an average film. Bummer.
    That's what I thought about Part 1 so I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Went to see It last night. I enjoyed it. It's nothing mindblowing though. There were some good parts and some bad parts. The one thing that I really did love was how well they matched the adult actors to the kids. They actually kinda looked how you would imagine the kids would look all grown up. I'll put the rest of my review in spoilers so please don't look until you've seen the film...

Spoilers!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Work has been torture. I swear every minute has been doubled. It doesn't help that my buddy who went to the screening last night has been raving about it. I can't wait for the premiere later tonight. Word has it the theater is gonna have collectible cups and tubs too.
    The theater we went to gave everyone a small movie poster.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    The theater we went to gave everyone a small movie poster.
    No luck with any posters, but my theater did have those collectible cups and tubs. The cups sold out fast, but they had two variants for the popcorn tubs

While I think the first film was objectively better made, and I had some gripes about certain changes, I think chapter 2 is my favorite. It just feels like more of a complete package, and I had a lot of fun with it. I also didn't mind the longer running time one bit either.

Those are really cool. I didn't see anything like that at my theater. And I agree, the runtime didn't bother me at all.

Spoilers!
    Early in the film, apparently. Did you catch the other cameos?

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Spoilers!
    Early in the film, apparently. Did you catch the other cameos?
    Spoiler:
    Was it at the meeting with the new Ben? I saw King, and Peter Bogdanovich. What other ones were there?

Spoiler:
    Maybe so -- I missed it, too. Andy Muschietti is hanging around in the pharmacy when adult Eddie is talking to the pharmacist. The guy who played Adrian Mellon is a famous Canadian director/personality/celeb. Don't know if that qualifies as a cameo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast