Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 254 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    But then you don't get Elba AND Matt M. That's why "The Mist" had Thomas Jane.

Those are two superstar actors who take marquee, franchise parts - now, it could be a bust, but when those actors sign on it's because they THINK they're hitching their wagon to a star.

You're right about the budget not being $150 million, but this isn't a straight-to-video either...not with those two stars.
    Idris Elba is not a superstar actor. I'd say he has a good chance of being one but he's not a marquee name by a long shot -- he's appeared in some big films but usually in supporting roles.

Matthew McConaughey is more of one lately with Interstellar but he's still a guy who does a lot of independent films over big budget affairs. 'Dallas Buyers Club' cost five million to make and made 27 million domestically for example (which is a big success given how cheap it was made for but it wasn't exactly a blockbuster based on his star power).
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    But then you don't get Elba AND Matt M. That's why "The Mist" had Thomas Jane.

Those are two superstar actors who take marquee, franchise parts - now, it could be a bust, but when those actors sign on it's because they THINK they're hitching their wagon to a star.

You're right about the budget not being $150 million, but this isn't a straight-to-video either...not with those two stars.
    Idris Elba is not a superstar actor. I'd say he has a good chance of being one but he's not a marquee name by a long shot -- he's appeared in some big films but usually in supporting roles.

Matthew McConaughey is more of one lately with Interstellar but he's still a guy who does a lot of independent films over big budget affairs. 'Dallas Buyers Club' cost five million to make and made 27 million domestically for example (which is a big success given how cheap it was made for but it wasn't exactly a blockbuster based on his star power).
    Well - that's true on both counts.

I should have put it this way - both Elba and Matt are interested in building and protecting their personal brand. So for both of them this is a chance to be in a major franchise with long-term potential, and both could be hurt getting saddled with a bomb (especially Elba).

On the other hand, if you're Elba, those franchise-helming chances are going to be fairly rare, so he has to jump at the first big opportunity and take the risk...more than Matt would.

What it comes back around too is that these guys aren't Thomas Jane, or the unknown Kathy Bates and a career-on-the-downswing James Caan. They expect this to be a legit movie with long-term potential. But you're right that they're big stars, but not superstars.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

one wonders how many years it will be until the last one is released? lol i'm 37 now and i wonder if it'll be near 50 or 50 years old when all of it is said and done if it makes the kind of money i think it will. sorry that was just me thinking aloud folks. anyways i also do forget about the Rep button as well. and yes i have used it in the past i just don't use it enough to be honest. as for the Oscars just cause it won't be for the (2017) oscars doesn't mean it won't be for (2018)'s as well. oh sorry about my shitty spelling. lol anyways, i hope they announce who else is going to be in the film soon cause i dunno about you folks but i am dying to know.

and i'm excited as hell for this to come out. now we need for them to Finish off the Narnia films which still hasn't been finished in the 11 years it's been since that one was started. at least work has started on the next one i forget which stage it's at i think it's just on the screenplay being written but i forget. i mention that series cause one wonders how long it takes for these series when they start one. what drives me nuts is cause the 1st one flops doesn't mean the next one will. i forget which Phillip K. Dick film they did that was going to have sequels but the film did shitty when it came out and the film wasn't that bad either that it never got made. and it pisses me off because Christopher Lee was in a small part in it and had the 2nd film been made his part would have been huge and this was before he fell a couple years later on the set of i forget which film.

so i hope when they start the DT series they actually finish it

Gunslinger Apprentice AIMB will become famous soon enough AIMB's Avatar

Are we really going to try and act like the racial dynamic between Roland and "Detta" wasn't one of the weakest points of the books?
    It needs to be cut anyways imo. It was never something I enjoyed or learned from.
    It is not a valid argument against Idris. We all want Roland to look like our specific Roland in our mind.
    Give Idris a chance. He is a talented actor...
    Be happy they are putting money and relevant actors in it.........

And secondly....

Chill on judging all the changes. We will always have the books.

Hopefully they will take a note from The Force Awakens and Deadpool........... and write for the superfans AND the newcomers.

They aren't going to make something completely unconsumable to casual viewers.

Movies aren't books.......Deal with it.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AIMB View Post
    Are we really going to try and act like the racial dynamic between Roland and "Detta" wasn't one of the weakest points of the books?
    It needs to be cut anyways imo. It was never something I enjoyed or learned from.
    Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean others didn't find it effective. As far as being one of the weakest elements it doesn't hold a candle to King writing himself into the series or anything involving Sir Mordred Poopingpants.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by AIMB View Post
    Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean others didn't find it effective. As far as being one of the weakest elements it doesn't hold a candle to King writing himself into the series or anything involving Sir Mordred Poopingpants.
    bahahhahah okay you got me........weakest elements in the earlier books then.

Country
    Country Flag

"He gave out a victory-fart, but although this one was long and smelly, it was silent. His asshole was now a broken squeezebox that could no longer make music but only gasp."

Steinbeck would be proud. I'm boycotting if they don't include this.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland and Detta's racial tension isn't a "weak point" in the books. It leads to them having a very deep and meaningful connection that lasts to the very end. It also leads to her being able to love Eddie. King's books aren't best sellers because of the framework, but because of the believable characters that he breaths life into.

Jake's getting changed. Eddie's up next. Poor Oy might be left out bc he's a "weak point."
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps we flip the race issue and have Yolandi Visser as Detta:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Perhaps we flip the race issue and have Yolandi Visser as Detta:

/Mia. It could work

Spoiler:
    Being one of multiple personalities; she could be white on the outside, black on the inside and perceive Idris as white. Maybe I'm reaching.....

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"He gave out a victory-fart, but although this one was long and smelly, it was silent. His asshole was now a broken squeezebox that could no longer make music but only gasp."

Steinbeck would be proud. I'm boycotting if they don't include this.
    If that's not in the movie, I will riot!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Better make this one rated "R" boys and girls.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So which actor do we all want for Eddie? Jake? Sus?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was kinda thinking watching the Oscars that Eddie Redmayne would make a great Eddie. There's no way, though.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If Roland is black... would you guys prefer Suzanna to be white... AND maybe Detta black?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    So which actor do we all want for Eddie? Jake? Sus?
    Part of me thinks Aaron Paul but at this point I think people would just see him as Jesse given how similar they might seem to newcomers.

I think Rutina Wesley would still work as Susannah.

Jake, no idea. One of the kids from Super 8 maybe but they're too old now.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa! Two out of three aint bad!

Now they just need to Lock down Jacob Tremblay for Jake
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Rutina Wesley would still work as Susannah.
    Nahhh she's black...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    If Roland is black... would you guys prefer Suzanna to be white... AND maybe Detta black?
    trainwreck
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Whoa! Two out of three aint bad!

Now they just need to Lock down Jacob Tremblay for Jake
    I have said this before but there is no way they will cast someone that is under 12. I believe even the casting call posted earlier showed they were aging Jake up.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm idk... I love Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad is my all time favorite show), but this casting is a little too on the nose, no?

I mean he'd pretty much just be playing Jesse Pinkman.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Considering the spot-on casting of Idris Elba as Roland???
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Considering the spot-on casting of Idris Elba as Roland???
    Lol they didn't read the books eh? I had a good laugh at that too.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 254 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast