Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Collectible Joe Abercrombie

Hybrid View

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice addition - I wasn't able to get ahold of the subpress blade itself copy (seller didn't have it - and I wasn't willing to pay that much for other complete set) - so I settled for the UK 1/1

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Very nice addition - I wasn't able to get ahold of the subpress blade itself copy (seller didn't have it - and I wasn't willing to pay that much for other complete set) - so I settled for the UK 1/1
    yes its crazy how the Blade increased in price in the last two years.
    It seams that there a way less on the market then of the other two books - buts thats just gut feeling.

I was happy to get a matching set just this week, right after your goldsboros hint i found a seller in the UK who made me a very good offer for all three.

But i get the point, i am still not sure if i will continue with the Subpress Series for the Shattered Seas.
    They just increased to 125,- + 50 Shipping per Book, you get a lot of signed 1/1 for that money

John F. Kennedy Bookfriend is on a distinguished road

Me again (with post number 3 and counting)
    Some years ago I bought the first law trilogy of ebay for 120 usd plus shipping. They were published in the US by PYR and stand about and inch smaller than the british editions from Gollancz. But they are still larger than the BCAs that were published in arrangement by Gollancz.
    As to the PYR editions I am a little confused: They do have an ISBN number, and nowhere are they marked as BCAs, but they do not have a price on the inside of the covers so I guess they are "kind of" BCAs? Over the last year the going rates on ebay seem to be around 30-100 USD for each of the three PYR books. Do not get med started on the going prices of the first 3 Gollancz editions.

The later 3 books in the first law world (BSC, The Heroes and Red country) were all done by Orbit, and very well so I might add.

John F. Kennedy Bookfriend is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    How much did you pay for the UK 1/1? If you do not mind me asking. I found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-First-La...item2800f4faf6 I am not the seller, but the price seems kind of ok, though it is hard to say because they appear so relatively seldom.

+ Reply to Thread