Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Audiobooks/Ebooks - All Formats

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Audible.co.uk

Audible has a sale, Carrie, Needful Things and The Shinning all at £5.99 each.

Great value.

Currently listening to The Talisman, so cannot wait for the Black House release in November

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    cannot wait for the Black House release in November
    Me too. Audible used to have it, maybe they took it off b/c the quality was so bad.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe, I get the monthly credit, so for 7.99 ill have about 25 hours worth.

Hopefully it'll be ok. Looking forward to it as its one of the few I need to read before I start the dt7 book.

Started the whole series from scratch about 6 months back, and want to complete the lot including tenuous linked books by Christmas! Great fun up to now.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Started the whole series from scratch about 6 months back
    I did the same thing, stopping at 4 to listen to Keyhole. Just finished dt7 Friday. Every time I listen there's more I like and less I don't (maybe I just ignore things as small failures while looking at the whole picture and how much I enjoy it).

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Today Amazon has a discount of 60% on audiobooks.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Started the whole series from scratch about 6 months back
    I did the same thing, stopping at 4 to listen to Keyhole. Just finished dt7 Friday. Every time I listen there's more I like and less I don't (maybe I just ignore things as small failures while looking at the whole picture and how much I enjoy it).
    I'm enjoying running through all the DT books & linked books, listening to one, while reading another.

Currently listening to Hearts in Atlantis. Finding William Hurts voice very hypnotic, and I can't be 100% sure, but think he yawned halfway through a sentence!!

Very relaxed style of narrating.

Just this, Black House, and Insomnia to read or listen to before I pick up my Grants numbered DT VII to finish the series in style! How decadent! Lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No one wants cassettes anymore, but cheap at $5.99 BIN:
    SONG OF SUSANNAH~STEPHEN KING~14 HRS~10 CASSETTES~UNABRIDGED AUDIO BOOK~MINT!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to get Poe's Children new on cd which includes Ballad of the Flexible Bullet for $8 through amazon's secondary store market. I was happy to have another newer reading of the Skeleton Crew stories, especially one of the longer ones.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

For info:

Stephen King reads the Author's Note at the start, and also the Author's Note at the end of Doctor Sleep. It says he recorded it in his home.

Going through amazon it looks a lot of these are out of print now. I hope they either re-stock amazon or make more of these.
    Some of them that were re-packed are cheaper so hopefully they do that to more.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Kindle: Has anyone heard if Christine will be released??

Along with my HC and limited edition collecting, I also have most of King's library on Kindle with a few exceptions. I figure Cycle Of The Werewolf, Creepshow, and Nightmares in the Sky probably won't make it to Kindle seeing as they are heavily artwork related, but Christine has yet to be released. I do know that Pet Sematary was JUST RELEASED earlier this year, so I suspect there was some deal with Nook or some other format reader that has Christine locked down for awhile before Kindle release. Can anyone confirm this?

(P.S. - Bachman Books also won't be released either as a result of the pulling of Rage I suspect as well...)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Drake69, I merged your thread into this one. Hopefully someone can answer your question.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. Thanks!

Be sure to note though, that it's not the Audiobook version of Christine, but the eReader one.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Drake69 View Post
    Along with my HC and limited edition collecting, I also have most of King's library on Kindle with a few exceptions. I figure Cycle Of The Werewolf, Creepshow, and Nightmares in the Sky probably won't make it to Kindle seeing as they are heavily artwork related, but Christine has yet to be released. I do know that Pet Sematary was JUST RELEASED earlier this year, so I suspect there was some deal with Nook or some other format reader that has Christine locked down for awhile before Kindle release. Can anyone confirm this?

(P.S. - Bachman Books also won't be released either as a result of the pulling of Rage I suspect as well...)
    IMHO..... I'm sorry but I can find NO reason to COLLECT books on Kindle
    To read a NEW book or one you have never read....But if you OWN the BOOK already.... WHY?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    To read a NEW book or one you have never read....But if you OWN the BOOK already.... WHY?
    1: If the copy you own is a special edition, signed edition, etc..., and you do not want to risk damaging it in any way, shape, or form through casual reading.
    2: The portability and convenience in being able to read it anywhere, anytime.
    3: Supporting the medium. Kindle is one of the most popular forms of electronic media out there, right along with MP3, FLV, and MKV files.

Do you have music on your devices? Movies that you or your family watch while "on the go"? Would you rather haul around 1000 CDs, 1000 DVDs/Blu Rays, and 1000 books wherever you go? Before 1995, music was only available in WAV format, on a CD, or cassette tape. Before 1993, electronic books were either pure TXT files or massive sized DOCs, both of which were extremely unwieldy as a portable system. And movie formats? There was nothing truly portable about them before 1993 either.

So there are a number of good reasons to own legitimate e-copies of media you've already purchased. I'm not bashing the audiophiles or bibliophiles either, it's just matters of convenience and supporting the existing technology.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. Thanks!

Be sure to note though, that it's not the Audiobook version of Christine, but the eReader one.
    I changed the thread title to include ebooks. Thanks.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    1: If the copy you own is a special edition, signed edition, etc..., and you do not want to risk damaging it in any way, shape, or form through casual reading.
    2: The portability and convenience in being able to read it anywhere, anytime.
    3: Supporting the medium. Kindle is one of the most popular forms of electronic media out there, right along with MP3, FLV, and MKV files.

Do you have music on your devices? Movies that you or your family watch while "on the go"? Would you rather haul around 1000 CDs, 1000 DVDs/Blu Rays, and 1000 books wherever you go? Before 1995, music was only available in WAV format, on a CD, or cassette tape. Before 1993, electronic books were either pure TXT files or massive sized DOCs, both of which were extremely unwieldy as a portable system. And movie formats? There was nothing truly portable about them before 1993 either.

So there are a number of good reasons to own legitimate e-copies of media you've already purchased. I'm not bashing the audiophiles or bibliophiles either, it's just matters of convenience and supporting the existing technology.
    Agreed. I have hard copies of all SKs books for my collection, but have also purchased the Kindle copies of Full Dark, No Stars and newer books for the portability on my Paperwhite.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect all King audiobooks that have SK reading them.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I collect all King audiobooks that have SK reading them.
    What formats?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What formats?
    I actually have a few CDs of his books, but not all of them are read by him. I have (I BELIEVE, anyway...) the first 3 DTs on cassette read by him, but I've not seen them in a long while and fear for their condition.

I also have a slew of his audiobooks in MP3 format, again, read by various people.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What formats?
    I actually have a few CDs of his books, but not all of them are read by him. I have (I BELIEVE, anyway...) the first 3 DTs on cassette read by him, but I've not seen them in a long while and fear for their condition.

I also have a slew of his audiobooks in MP3 format, again, read by various people.
    I have the first 3 cassette packages as well as a S/L of the first two. I'll never play them again for fear of the tape breaking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast