Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter (spoilers)

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the Brian episode was probably my favorite this season, just because Dexter was actually having fun for once and also I kind of love the guy who plays Brian. It was a weird combination of darkness and lightheartedness that I loved.

Am I alone on that?
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Matsuka needs his own subplot dammit.
    I actually thought that they were going to do that with the whole intern and Ice Truck Killer hand plotline, but it didn't really involve Masuka as much as I thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I think the Brian episode was probably my favorite this season

Am I alone on that?
    Nope! Definitely one of my favorites of the season. Wish Brian would've stayed a little longer though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

It was also an important episode in that it gave the biggest clue to what was going on with Travis--or at least it prepared us for that revelation.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Season 8 of Dexter is definitely the last:

Quote Originally Posted by TV Guide View Post
    Since the show has been renewed for two more seasons, is this definitely the end?

Sara Colleton: This was definite. We wanted to end it this year, but the network convinced us that it would be best to do it in two years. In some ways, this is a two-season series-ender. We have worked that out and know where it's going to end. Next year will definitely be the last year of Dexter. Absolutely.
    Source: TV Guide
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

That seems like a wise decision to me. All good things should come to an end before they get bad.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too. I feel like they peaked too early (season 4, obviously) and need to wind it down. I guess we can hope the last two seasons will be that good, but I seriously doubt it.

Country
    Country Flag

Last season definitely shows that they're running out of steam and just trying to prolong the series a liiitttle more until they know what they're going to do with it (LOST, Season 3, for the most part). I'd have no problem with Season 7 being the last if it was as good and satisfying as Season 4.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Traveler eeZee is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first season of this show intently but I fell off immediately after that...Perhaps it warrants a revisit at this point?

Country
    Country Flag

I would say so. It steadily gets better through season 4, then drops off some. But you should at least watch the first four seasons.

Something that bothers me about this show is
    seasons 1-5
    I know it's fiction, but I can only suspend my disbelief to a certain point before things get silly.

Country
    Country Flag

It's just like LOST where all kinds of crazy stuff happens to one character, and that character NEVER shares that information with the rest of the group. It drove me crazy. I was like, tell somebody!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched the trailer for Season 7. Oh my God. It's going to be so intense.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Just watched the trailer for Season 7. Oh my God. It's going to be so intense.
    Waiting Waiting Waiting
    reality continues to ruin my life

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to the new season!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm REALLY looking forward to this as well. Whether Deb & the "Dark Passenger" will be able to co-exist. Frankly, I thought she was going to be a goner this PAST season (due to the divorce). I'm glad that they're still able to work together though. It wasn't the strongest season other than a few good surprises and Brian's return. All in all though, I've been happily surprised that they've been able to do consistently engaging storylines for as long as they have.

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how I feel about the trailer... some parts look kind of cheesy, but they're only clips, so I don't know.

I'll be watching on delay since I don't have Showtime (or cable...) so I'll probably stay out of here until the season's over.

Country
    Country Flag

Ahh, you've got to get Showtime! I would suggest doing what I did last year (using Showtime's $25 cash back rebate, then canceling after the finale) but I guess that wouldn't work if you don't have cable.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I can't afford cable, and definitely not Showtime or HBO. So I'm usually a week behind at least on shows, which means I miss all the cool discussions.

Country
    Country Flag

Well I know Showtime usually posts the premiere episode of the new season of Dexter on their site, so that's at least one episode you can watch in good quality.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I'll check it out then.

Country
    Country Flag

Tonight's the night!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So, thoughts on the premiere?

Spoiler:
    I was worried that the writers were going to screw the pooch and keep the status quo between Dexter and Deb as 'I only killed Travis out of a momentary lapse of reason'. I'm so glad they decided to have the big reveal at the end of this first ep. It should make for a very, very interesting season.

I'm still not feeling the whole Louis thing. I have a gut feeling the writers have no idea what to do with that arc.

Glad to see the banter between Batista and Quinn ending on a relatively positive note. Such a shame that Mike went out in such an anti climatic fashion.

Also, it annoyed me that Dexter decided to kill that guy IN A FUCKING AIRPORT while he was under the most intense scrutiny since the beginning of the show.

Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap. What an amazing premiere.

I really wasn't sure what to expect going into this season, but was hoping that the trailers and TV spots were a positive indication. I think I spent a good deal of the hour holding my breath. Start to finish, easily one of the best episodes of the series and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. I'm really interested to see how Hannah's going to come into play in later episodes (I have a theory).

I am so pumped for next week!

Also, after seeing this episode, it's even more unbelievable that Jennifer Carpenter hasn't gotten an Emmy nomination yet.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Ditto and Ditto. Tho dont really agree with the Emmy for Jennifer. Not a big fan of her acting abilities.
    First episode did not disappoint and looking forward to next week!

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    So, thoughts on the premiere?

Spoiler:
    I was worried that the writers were going to screw the pooch and keep the status quo between Dexter and Deb as 'I only killed Travis out of a momentary lapse of reason'. I'm so glad they decided to have the big reveal at the end of this first ep. It should make for a very, very interesting season.

I'm still not feeling the whole Louis thing. I have a gut feeling the writers have no idea what to do with that arc.

Glad to see the banter between Batista and Quinn ending on a relatively positive note. Such a shame that Mike went out in such an anti climatic fashion.

Also, it annoyed me that Dexter decided to kill that guy IN A FUCKING AIRPORT while he was under the most intense scrutiny since the beginning of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Holy crap. What an amazing premiere.

I really wasn't sure what to expect going into this season, but was hoping that the trailers and TV spots were a positive indication. I think I spent a good deal of the hour holding my breath. Start to finish, easily one of the best episodes of the series and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. I'm really interested to see how Hannah's going to come into play in later episodes (I have a theory).

I am so pumped for next week!

Also, after seeing this episode, it's even more unbelievable that Jennifer Carpenter hasn't gotten an Emmy nomination yet.
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

They're handling the Deb-Dex relationship rather well after the big reveal, although I would have liked for Deb to need a bit more time to accept everything. Shit, I'm not sure I'd go back inside my brothers' house after he had told me he was a serial killer 5 minutes earlier. This is just splitting hairs though.

Also, glad to see the Luis story arc found it's footing. I'm guessing he'll be a constant temptation for Dexter and his Dark Passenger throughout the season.

It looks like the European guy and his lackey are going to be the Big Baddies for this season. That scene where they confront the guy that ratted to the police was intense.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, there's only a few of us posting in here so I added a spoiler tag to the thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast