Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 714 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 451 501 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    No way Feev!!! Heart Shaped Box is soooo cool, just a brilliant, brilliant ghost story - he's more in Gaiman's style of writing than his Dad's I think. Do you read Locke and Key?
    No, I don't. I heard I'm missing out though !

Yeah, I've been curious as to what his writing style is like ... but the Gaiman comparison lends it some context I think. I'll definitely have to check out some of his work soon, the curiosity is gnawing at me.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev, he's only got three full-scale books out, so I'd say to just read them in order. 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS is a collection of short stories published in various places before anyone knew of his famous father connection, then there's his first novel, HEART-SHAPED BOX, then his second, HORNS. (Reportedly his third novel is written, but it is not yet published.)

When you want to go the comics route, LOCKE & KEY is great.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Locke & Key is great. I loved 20th Century Ghosts and Heart-Shaped Box, but I tried reading Horns recently and was having trouble getting into it. I need to try again at some point.

Right now I have decided to try to finish The Wheel of Time series. I started ages ago and stopped at book seven for some forgotten reason(probably that other books grabbed my attention more, since book 7 bogs down a bit). I am on book 8, The Path of Daggers now.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Horns, I know what people are saying about the ending, but I thought it was cool.

I'm part way through the new Terry Pratchett book - Snuff, but what I currently find myself reading are Skyrim tips and forums

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had never read any Joe Hill. A week or so ago I picked up 20th Century Ghosts, and WOW! Those are some great stories! I'm only about halfway finished and really liking it. I may have to try one of his novels next.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I'm part way through the new Terry Pratchett book - Snuff, but what I currently find myself reading are Skyrim tips and forums
    Yes.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Joe Hill, in descending order: Heart-shaped Box, 20th Century Ghosts, Locke & Key, Horns. He should do another collection of short stories. I think I know of 3 uncollected ones and 20th.. was simply great.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just read the Hunger Games trilogy... I was a little disappointed in how similar the first two are to Battle Royale, but other than that they were good. I definitely saw a few of the plot twists coming, though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan on starting the second book in the next few days. Are you planning on watch the film adaptation ?

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think I will. I'm pretty curious to see how her outfits are interpreted on screen... I know that sounds like a totally idiotic thing to say. But it might be a good movie. The book honestly was really good except it was so similar to Battle Royale it almost felt plagiarized.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

A little past halfways with 11/22/63, and I'm loving it. His best retirement book so far, easily.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Started Black House....finally, didn't really care for the Talisman, but some have told me that they liked Black House more.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    A little past halfways with 11/22/63, and I'm loving it. His best retirement book so far, easily.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading this

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    HURRRRRRRRRRRRRY! I have thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Started Black House....finally, didn't really care for the Talisman, but some have told me that they liked Black House more.
    Talisman and Black House are in my top 3, I count them as one.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Reading this

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Black House may be a bit slow going at first, but it does get a lot better. Hope you enjoy it. I actually read Talisman second, and while I liked bits of that, there was definitely a lot of it that was hard work reading at times. Hope to hear your thoughts on Black House soon!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Reading this
    I got this for Christmas. Let me know how you end up liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    That's a first.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    SLAUGHTERHOUSE is great.
    I haven't read Anansi Boys yet.
    Given your taste for Gaiman, I really think you would .
    No doubt! I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think we have it around here somewhere. I actually haven't read alot of Gaiman's stuff. I've only read a couple of the sandman comics, some short stories, Neverwhere, and Good Omens I believe.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    That's a first.
    I know, right?!
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I really need to try to read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo again. I haven't gotten farther then the first 20 pages or so.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Emily! Read with me! I think I'm going to read it after I finish 11/22/63.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's slow going at first, but what really makes the book memorable is definitely Lisbeth Salander. Very Sherlockian, and that's not something I can say about a lot of characters. See, it's easy to come up with a genius who also has faults, but Salander's...well, she's a unique character altogether. It's a while before she appears, but it's worth it.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Emily! Read with me! I think I'm going to read it after I finish 11/22/63.
    Deal!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Country
    Country Flag

Let me know when you want to start.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 714 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 451 501 ... LastLast