Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 714 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 403 443 493 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I am reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King.
    same
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

How are you all liking it ?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

And I'm starting it today too!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really into 11/22/63 so far. Last night I read up to the "Janitor's Father" section and I can't wait to see how all this turns out. So far, 11/22/63 is one of those books that just has me hooked and I want to read, ALL.THE.TIME. just to find out what happens. While I really enjoyed King's last few works like Full Dark, No Stars, Under the Dome and Duma Key, I didn't have that compulsive urge to not put the book down like I do with 11/22/63.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Niiiiiiiiiiiice! Now I'm torn : I was going to start the new book in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, but 11/22/63 sounds too tempting ... ahhh, damn you guys

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dan simmons, carion comfort AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I'm really into 11/22/63 so far. Last night I read up to the "Janitor's Father" section and I can't wait to see how all this turns out. So far, 11/22/63 is one of those books that just has me hooked and I want to read, ALL.THE.TIME. just to find out what happens. While I really enjoyed King's last few works like Full Dark, No Stars, Under the Dome and Duma Key, I didn't have that compulsive urge to not put the book down like I do with 11/22/63.
    My feelings are the same. Plus I think that 11/22/63 is the type of book that will mess with my head. Just the first few chapters (I am on "Janitors Father") has knocked me for a loop! This book already has a my mind in a grip! I am actually a little afraid to read more of the book because just the first few chapters has me freaked out! (I would go into more detail, but I don't want to spoil it for other readers)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Dan simmons, carion comfort AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome indeed!

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice sai delgado is on a distinguished road sai delgado's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading several books at the moment -

- The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Murakami. As much as I love his writing this book is really dragging out; I don't have a lot left to read but I just can't get into it again.
    - Selected Poems 1957-1981 by Ted Hughes. My favourites are 'Bride and Groom Lie Hidden for Three Days' and 'Full Moon and Little Freida'.
    - Cathedral by Raymond Carver. I love the way his writing is so pared to the bone, the way it would seem to the untrained eye that nothing has happened yet massive changes have occurred.
    - Writing Poetry: Creative and Critical Approaches by Chad Davidson and Gregory Fraser. A very useful book for anyone interested in writing poetry, there are some great exercises in here to get your creative juices flowing.
    'He bowed low, right down to the ground, in front of the man sitting there motionless, whose smile reminded him of everything that he had ever loved in his life, of everything that had ever been of value and holy in his life.' Herman Hesse

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You all have got me excited for 11/22/63. I haven't read any reviews or sneak peaks so I'll be totally suprised when I read it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, everyone that I know that has read has had nothing but great things to say about it. I'll definitely have to bump that up on my list.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

11/22/63 is one of King's best in a long time, maybe ever. Maybe it's just the recentness of it, but I'd happily place it in my own Top 10.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bold statement, Pablo! I can't wait to read it for myself.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Here lately I've been a little Meh about King's works, deciding to pick them up when I get around to it. All this chatter's making me want to go get it now though. Hmm.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I love it, I can't put it down. I just want to go home and start reading again And it's been awhile since that's happened with me.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Same here, Heather. Cannot stop reading it. As a slow reader, I'm now around page 300 after this weekend was mostly free. Very definition of an unputdownable pageturner.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished 11/22/63 after staying up until 2:00 am! I could not put the book down! I thought the book was awesome!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    unputdownable pageturner.
    awesome.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading "The Night Eternal", third and final in the Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan series.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm on the fence about buying The Night Eternal. That series is one of my favourite ever but I'm waiting for Del Toro to do a book tour so I can get a signed edition.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I loved The Night Eternal. You could always buy a reading copy paperback?

I also loved 11/22/63. I will not spoil anything except that I had a very hard time saying goodbye to the characters when I finished the story. I almost cried!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading The Secret Garden atm.

I would be going through 11/22 but the copy I have right now is the one I plan on getting signed in Alphretta, GA and I don't want to mess it up in the process of reading it.

I would get the kindle version but the thought of spending 17$ on a ebook is just killing me, so I will wait until the ebook comes down a bit and then read it.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Reading The Secret Garden atm.

I would be going through 11/22 but the copy I have right now is the one I plan on getting signed in Alphretta, GA and I don't want to mess it up in the process of reading it.

I would get the kindle version but the thought of spending 17$ on a ebook is just killing me, so I will wait until the ebook comes down a bit and then read it.
    I gave up on worrying about Kindle prices long ago. I mean, 17 bucks on the Kindle versus 14 or 15 for a discounted hardcopy? Plus, the Kindle is so much easier to carry around.

I'm half way through 11/22/63 and I love it.

BTW, your paperback FDNS is in the mail :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 714 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 403 443 493 ... LastLast