Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
biomieg I was asking Bob the selling price of the Breathing Method so other collectors can get a general idea of what the current value of this book is? Mr Rabbit Trick a while back on The Collector site felt that this was a common book and not worth much. Now that you have come forward as the buyer I do not feel that Bob has the right to disclose what you spent.So are you willing to let us know what you felt this book is worth?
Sure, I was just teasing a bit! I am pretty sure that this book is not common, especially in a 'non-ex-library' state. If Mr. Rabbit Trick obtained his copy for a bargain price it doesn't mean he established a new market value - I got my copy of the 1969 Startling Mystery Stories with 'The Reaper's Image' for $22 and my UK BACHMAN BOOKS 1st/1st for £0.99 but that doesn't make these items any less scarce or expensive in general. I just got lucky and so did he.

Anyway, I paid $300 including shipping to The Netherlands. It's a hard to find book in ex-library condition (for which I would have paid $50) but much more so in this 'as new' state so I think it's worth it. Others will think I overpaid. I won't lose any sleep over that.