Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 189 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Oh yes! I'll get round to reviewing that in serious detail in the Who forum, but at the moment there's a shitload of the audio series I'm trying to get through first, plus re-looking at the previous season in serious detail. I will say I really liked it, and Matt Smith is rapidly becoming one of my favourite Doctors ever, he's just so natural in the role. Also, that trailer, wow, can't wait for series 6/season 32!
    BBC America had a Doctor Who marathon almost all weekend starting this last Thursday or Friday. I was DVRing it but I had my settings wrong so it kept replacing the episodes instead of saving them all. The interesting thing is before I realized what had happened I watched episode 10 of series 3 (?) Blink (weeping Angels, 10th Doctor, Tennant), and then when I got home or got back to watching the episodes I realized that I wasn't recording every episode but when I fixed the very next episode I watched was The Time of Angels & Flesh and Stone (11th Doctor, Smith) so it was kind of cool. Do you know what episodes (9th-11th Doctor) have him changing into the next doctors or did they just change cast and crew?
    Also, I'll have to let you know how it goes, but there is an American version of Being Human that is airing this month.
    Yeah, i'll have to keep an eye out for that. If reviews are good, maybe i'll check it out, but i'm looking forward to series 3 of the UK version starting later this month.
    And in answer to your question, Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways is where 9 changes into 10, and the End of Time is where 10 changed into 11. With the ending of that last one, they actually did change not just the lead actor but also the people behind the scenes: Russell T Davies was showrunner and lead writer for doctors 9 and 10, and Steven Moffat, the guy who wrote the Weeping Angel episodes, took over for doctor 11, so you might spot a slight change in tone for the stories and the look of it all.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Oh yes! I'll get round to reviewing that in serious detail in the Who forum, but at the moment there's a shitload of the audio series I'm trying to get through first, plus re-looking at the previous season in serious detail. I will say I really liked it, and Matt Smith is rapidly becoming one of my favourite Doctors ever, he's just so natural in the role. Also, that trailer, wow, can't wait for series 6/season 32!
    BBC America had a Doctor Who marathon almost all weekend starting this last Thursday or Friday. I was DVRing it but I had my settings wrong so it kept replacing the episodes instead of saving them all. The interesting thing is before I realized what had happened I watched episode 10 of series 3 (?) Blink (weeping Angels, 10th Doctor, Tennant), and then when I got home or got back to watching the episodes I realized that I wasn't recording every episode but when I fixed the very next episode I watched was The Time of Angels & Flesh and Stone (11th Doctor, Smith) so it was kind of cool. Do you know what episodes (9th-11th Doctor) have him changing into the next doctors or did they just change cast and crew?
    Also, I'll have to let you know how it goes, but there is an American version of Being Human that is airing this month.
    Yeah, i'll have to keep an eye out for that. If reviews are good, maybe i'll check it out, but i'm looking forward to series 3 of the UK version starting later this month.
    And in answer to your question, Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways is where 9 changes into 10, and the End of Time is where 10 changed into 11. With the ending of that last one, they actually did change not just the lead actor but also the people behind the scenes: Russell T Davies was showrunner and lead writer for doctors 9 and 10, and Steven Moffat, the guy who wrote the Weeping Angel episodes, took over for doctor 11, so you might spot a slight change in tone for the stories and the look of it all.
    Well I'm curious about the american Being Human, has a couple of actors/actresses that I like.
    I'll have to check those episodes out, I know that they were on my DVR list, but like I said, stupid settings.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Caprica marathon now!!!

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So I'm watching Dexter season 4 right now and holy cow, pretty much every episode has ended in an awesome cliffhanger.

Like the episode I watched last night when
    Spoiler:
    The reporter opended her door and Trinity was standing there. Of course you think he's there to kill her, then she says "Hey Dad".

Jason and I both looked at each other and were all "OMG!!!".
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I watched the premiere of The Cape last night. It was quite good. I expect to really enjoy the show, if it lasts. Superhero stuff seems to be doing somewhat poor in ratings these days.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Erin, I keep meaning to watch Dexter but I'm curious to know if it's more character and plot-driven with recurring story elements or if it's more like a murder-of-the-week type of thing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Erin, I keep meaning to watch Dexter but I'm curious to know if it's more character and plot-driven with recurring story elements or if it's more like a murder-of-the-week type of thing.
    Dexter is all about character.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What pablo said. That's why the show works so well, it's not a "murder of the week". It's all about Dexter and how he deals with his demons, family life, work, etc...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good. That's what I wanted to believe, but I wasn't sure which was the focus of the show.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    So I'm watching Dexter season 4 right now and holy cow, pretty much every episode has ended in an awesome cliffhanger.

Like the episode I watched last night when
    Spoiler:
    The reporter opended her door and Trinity was standing there. Of course you think he's there to kill her, then she says "Hey Dad".

Jason and I both looked at each other and were all "OMG!!!".
    all of season four was my most favorite ever. you said it EVERY episode is an incredible cliffhanger!! and I think John Lithgow ROCKS!!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Good. That's what I wanted to believe, but I wasn't sure which was the focus of the show.
    Please watch Dexter, just based on what you post about your TV preferences, I think you will like it a lot!

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Country
    Country Flag

I plan on watching it for sure, but at the moment, I'm juggling like, 4 TV series on DVD. I need more time!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

What happened with Twin Peaks Ricky? Are you still watching it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I finished season 1, but took a break to do a re-watch of Fringe S2.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The Game, Parenthood, Glory Daze, Tosh.0 and Onion Sportsdome are all on at the same hour!

Why must you put so much compelling television on at once, TV?!

DEAR GOD, WHY?!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

There is a new show on Showtime that is an American version of a British show(as so many seem to be now) called Shameless. I have never seen the British version, but the American one is amazing. I can't wait for the next episode. I'm kind of torn between watching the British version and just enjoying the American one for what it is.

ETA: After watching the first episode, I found the first episode of the British version and watched it. It was pretty much exactly like the American version in terms of story, most of the dialogue was even the same, though the slang and such was changed for the American version. I think I will just watch the American version for now as not to spoil the story for myself. I will likely go back and watch the British version after the season is over, though.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Funny, I was just watching clips of that last night, and whilst it doesn't look too bad for an American remake (I'm rather surprised it's set in Chicago and not somewhere in the South as what would've been tempting to do), the only thing I don't like hearing about is how much the actors are going on about how "original" it is! Still, if it works in the US, then it can't be too bad.

That reminds me, has anyone heard of Episodes? A new sitcom about how a pair of successful English tv writers get their show Americanised, to the point where the role written for an old, Shakespearian actor is replaced by Matt LeBlanc? It looks ok so far, though I'm really looking forward to seeing more of LeBlanc sending himself up.

- Melike

Funny, I was just watching clips of that last night, and whilst it doesn't look too bad for an American remake (I'm rather surprised it's set in Chicago and not somewhere in the South as what would've been tempting to do), the only thing I don't like hearing about is how much the actors are going on about how "original" it is! Still, if it works in the US, then it can't be too bad.

That reminds me, has anyone heard of Episodes? A new sitcom about how a pair of successful English tv writers get their show Americanised, to the point where the role written for an old, Shakespearian actor is replaced by Matt LeBlanc? It looks ok so far, though I'm really looking forward to seeing more of LeBlanc sending himself up.
    I read somewhere that everyone was trying to push it being set in the South when it was first being pitched, but John Wells fought against it, saying, "We have a comedic tradition of making fun of the people in those worlds. The reality is that these people aren't 'the other' — they're people who live four blocks down from you and two blocks over."

I have to say that William H. Macy is pretty awesome as Frank. I actually like him better than the original.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post

I have to say that William H. Macy is pretty awesome as Frank. I actually like him better than the original.
    Blasphemy! Still, if i do get a chance to see the remake, i'll check it out for myself with an open mind, especially since I haven't watched much of the original over here, anyway.

- Melike

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just added Showtime last night to my cable in order to be able to watch Season 5 of Dexter right away.

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I just added Showtime last night to my cable in order to be able to watch Season 5 of Dexter right away.
    Good Deal. I REALLY LIKE Dexter, in case you can't tell! Although this is just my opinion but I was a little let down after season 4 but I don't know if they can ever top that!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It was excellent!

One funny thing i've noticed where I'm watching the seasons right back to back is that the actor who plays Quinn must have lost a bunch of weight between seasons 4 and 5. I watched the finale of season 4, then about 30 minutes later started the first episode of season 5 and when I saw Quinn, I was all "Woah!" He looked so different.

You should watch Shameless since you have Showtime. You'll like it a lot.

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

You know what, I kept looking at Quinn trying to figure out what was different and now that you say it that's it. He lost a bunch of weight and buffed up too! Good eye.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

watch list for tonight

Episodes (new series)
    No ordinary family (new series)
    Dr Who ( Victory of the Daleks)
    Supernatural

And this doesn't even dent my list on sky plus

time to panic

+ Reply to Thread