Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Flatsigned and Stephen King? (All threads regarding Flatsigned)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Now that this thread is heating up; what was the deal with the two states (26 & 100) of the rebound BEST AMERICAN SHORT STORIES and was there ever a consensus on whether or not the sigs were legit?
    I'm pretty sure the sigs are legit. As other posters have surmised, TM evidently came across a whole pile of these and figured out something to do with them.

When I first saw these coming up on eBay I e-mailed Tim and asked if they were aftermarket re-bindings and what the difference between the 26 edition and the 100 edition. He (I assume it was he; I guess it could have been an associate) e-mailed me back and was very upfront with the nature of the books. Nice friendly e-mail.

I would have bought one for less than $50. I wanted the book to read, the signature is a bonus, and hardbacks are sturdier on the shelf. I would have bought it for what it was--not as a bona fide limited edition.

Thus I made lowball bids on just about every single one of these that came up for auction, or had them on my watch list, just in case one slipped into my hands on the cheap. I estimate I bid or watched on at least 40 copies of the "26 limited" and 150 copies of the "100 issued" version.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    In france, americans are stereotyped as sued for everything...)
    In America, French are stereotyped as .......nah, too easy.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    In the UK they are known as, "cheese eating surrender monkeys")!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We manage to sell quite expensive our smelly cheeses!

Anyway.. ^^
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We manage to sell quite expensive our smelly cheeses!

Anyway.. ^^
    Smelly cheese. Yum...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

(although i like the informations, isnt there a risk that he comes around and decides to sue you for damaging his "brand image"?

You can't be stereotyped for something that's 100 percent true.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Arrogance
    Aversion to deodorant
    Chain smokers
    Pro hairy armpits

Getting warmer?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chain smokers?

I already heard all the others, but what does this one mean?

----/-

Going back to the show (topic)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lighting/smoking one cigarette after another...

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
    Yes, the Zane Grey was the one he exchanged for the signed books

I am intrigued about that book now!
    I didnt even think that Steve would collect signed books!

John F. Kennedy JTurner is on a distinguished road

it looks like tims auction count is going down, and his cousin lee may have gotten fired or quit (likely the latter) from looking @ tims auctions.... this may be the end of flatsigned!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It's not cheap to list all those auctions...even if you shill bid to heart's content, you still have final value fees to pay...I always wonder how any large-skill shill bidders managed those additional costs.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The hole was dug deeper with every shill bid.

I find it difficult to find any sympathy.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

He's got this relisted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

It's over-priced by at least a factor of ten.

John

check out his feedback, its tanking, plus hes not a "top rated seller" anymore. he recently offered me a job again, but i told him to pound sand.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    He's got this relisted:

John

I'm not part of the 'bash Tim' brigade since I've never dealt with the man, but I do follow this thread.

What's worrying about this auction is that he failed to indicate that the proof was actually damaged...see below...

Q: Hi, Can you please give me a detailled description of this books condition, describing all faults ? Thanks Oct-01-10
    A: Hello, This came directly to me from Steve. He and I email and I will include some of those, with part of his email blacked out, IF YOU LIKE. The book is as good as a used softcover that has been moved around lots but never read can be. The front you can see in the picture...not perfect but almost. The book has NEVER BEEN READ. One of the corners on the back has been torn off so I would take HALF PRICE if you buy today or tomorrow via eBay MAKE OFFER and pay via PayPal

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking through his feedback, what I really don't like is that he is responding to a lot of the negative feedback by listing the customers real name.

Also, he is selling jewelry now?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If one of the corners is "torn off", I would estimate the value at less than $100, signed.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Re: the feedback, I really get the creeps from reading some of his replies to feedback left by buyers, they seem really... disjointed somehow, the way everything is strung together, the random use of capitals, the paranoid remarks. I think Tim's not feeling too well nowadays.

Example:

OFFEREDmoneyBACKonONE.WantedTOkeep.THENthis.CROOKS !avoidBAD PEOPLE.TakeADVANTAGE

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Re: the feedback, I really get the creeps from reading some of his replies to feedback left by buyers, they seem really... disjointed somehow, the way everything is strung together, the random use of capitals, the paranoid remarks. I think Tim's not feeling too well nowadays.

Example:

OFFEREDmoneyBACKonONE.WantedTOkeep.THENthis.CROOKS !avoidBAD PEOPLE.TakeADVANTAGE

Blaine! Is that you???

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    He's got this relisted:

John

I'm not part of the 'bash Tim' brigade since I've never dealt with the man, but I do follow this thread.

What's worrying about this auction is that he failed to indicate that the proof was actually damaged...see below...

Q: Hi, Can you please give me a detailled description of this books condition, describing all faults ? Thanks Oct-01-10
    A: Hello, This came directly to me from Steve. He and I email and I will include some of those, with part of his email blacked out, IF YOU LIKE. The book is as good as a used softcover that has been moved around lots but never read can be. The front you can see in the picture...not perfect but almost. The book has NEVER BEEN READ. One of the corners on the back has been torn off so I would take HALF PRICE if you buy today or tomorrow via eBay MAKE OFFER and pay via PayPal

I know that these "emails" from Steve King are legit, however they probably have nothing to with the books in question. He was briefly in correspondence with Steve because Tim flagged down a Zane Grey signed book for Stephen, which initially Stephen was appreciative of, and had neighborly traded a few emails, but when Tim started stalking him, Stephen's camp went just short of issuing a restraining order. So Tim keeps his emails for exact times like this.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Example:

He has declining health for sure. He had us frequently use the caps, no spaces for subtitles to fit stuff in. He's in a bad situation, which I believe his staff in Dover quit. Certainly don't feel too bad though

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Flatsigned is at it again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...item588be4effd

But no pictures (yet).

And it seems to a bit overpriced.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John, Flatsigned is so special he has his own thread. I moved your post here.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Randall. I'd forgotten about this thread.

John

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast