Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Town

Along the Path of the Beam Whiplash is on a distinguished road Whiplash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Happy Town

At first glance I felt this TV series was very similar to stuff SK would write...or at least the type of setting his stories take place in.

There is a full 15 minute preview of the series which is starting April 28th.
    http://abc.go.com/shows/happy-town

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I keep seeing previews for this on ABC and it looks really good. Sort of like Harper's Island, only it looks like this is a series rather than an event with a pre-determined end.

Hopefully it'll live up to my expectations.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! it looks really good.

It does have a Stephen King kind of feel to it...

Life is a garden...dig it!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I keep seeing previews for this on ABC and it looks really good. Sort of like Harper's Island, only it looks like this is a series rather than an event with a pre-determined end.

Hopefully it'll live up to my expectations.
    I thought the same thing. I've been dying to see it since I saw the first previews for it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

I got on a list to see the full episode before it airs. If you want to sign up to do the same, here's the scoop

I demanded to see ABC's happy town before it premieres Wednesday April 28th @ 10|9c on ABC. Help us reach 50,000 to see an advanced online screening! Watch the trailer and Demand it yourself here

Along the Path of the Beam Whiplash is on a distinguished road Whiplash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link Bev.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ah. This almost got my interest, until I saw it was made by abc. Then I thought, "Nah, that's unfair, just because of that horrendous ending to..."

Then I saw "From the executive producers of Life on Mars". And they clearly don't mean the good version!

OK, definitely not interested!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So who watched last night? I really enjoyed it. It kinda had a Twin Peaks vibe, just not nearly as bizarre.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did as well. Very interesting Pilot and nice set-ups. I am totally confused as to which direction the show could go in, so I think that's positive for the season as a whole.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Do you know how long the season is going to be?

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

I started watching it, then fell asleep. Not that it was boring, I was just too damn tired. I'll have to go back and rewatch it online. Seemed interesting from what I saw, though I was a little turned off by the "Magic Man" moniker.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So who watched last night? I really enjoyed it. It kinda had a Twin Peaks vibe, just not nearly as bizarre.
    That's what I thought as well. I kind of giggled in spots because it was a little cheesy, but overall it held my interest.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

I want to say 12 episodes, but I may be confusing that with V.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    That's what I thought as well. I kind of giggled in spots because it was a little cheesy, but overall it held my interest.
    Like what's-his-face calling Mr. Friendly, "Pop" every five seconds?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I want to say 12 episodes, but I may be confusing that with V.

Yes. That and something Aaron and I noticed was how unbelievable they made the first grade daughter. She said, "Somebody got killeded!" And "earthcake" instead of "earthquake." I found it unrealistic for a first grader. Four year olds might do something like that, but most first graders know what an earthquake is and can mostly use proper grammar...
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

She said, "Somebody got killeded!" And "earthcake" instead of "earthquake." I found it unrealistic for a first grader. Four year olds might do something like that, but most first graders know what an earthquake is and can mostly use proper grammar...
    Yeah, if they wanted to pull out the cute card, they should've got a younger kid to play the part. Would it have been believable for an 80 year-old lady to say that? No. So why the first grader?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

What'd you think of him? It's weird to not see him as an Other isn't it

Country
    Country Flag

Yes! The whole time he was on-screen, all I could think of was, "that guy's Mr. Friendly!"

I really enjoyed his performance, so I hope he's a series regular despite
    Spoiler:
    the hand incident.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Yes! The whole time he was on-screen, all I could think of was, "that guy's Mr. Friendly!"

I really enjoyed his performance, so I hope he's a series regular despite
    Spoiler:
    the hand incident.
    I know, for a sec I thought
    Spoiler:
    he was going to shoot himself!

Country
    Country Flag

I know, for a sec I thought
    Spoiler:
    he was going to shoot himself!
    Yes, me too! But when he took out the axe (?) I was suprised, especially because I could've sworn that ABC wouldn't let that happen on TV. Then again, look at LOST. Not exactly G-rated.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

It's very interesting, that's for sure. I'll definitely give it a chance. Sam Neil is the man, by the way, and so far he's the best part of the show.

By the way, totally inspired by Twin Peaks. They can't pull off the wacky small town like Twin Peaks did, but i still enjoyed it. ALSO! The girl that is staying with all those old ladies (and Sam Neil haha) said she came from Snoqualmie, which is where they shot......Twin Peaks! Sort of a neat little shout out.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

this sounds good, does anyone know if/when its hitting the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    By the way, totally inspired by Twin Peaks. They can't pull off the wacky small town like Twin Peaks did, but i still enjoyed it. ALSO! The girl that is staying with all those old ladies (and Sam Neil haha) said she came from Snoqualmie, which is where they shot......Twin Peaks! Sort of a neat little shout out.
    Oh, nice catch

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

She said, "Somebody got killeded!" And "earthcake" instead of "earthquake." I found it unrealistic for a first grader. Four year olds might do something like that, but most first graders know what an earthquake is and can mostly use proper grammar...
    Yeah, if they wanted to pull out the cute card, they should've got a younger kid to play the part. Would it have been believable for an 80 year-old lady to say that? No. So why the first grader?
    I don't know.. I have a 1st grader and at times, I'll help out the teacher. A lot of 1st graders add "ed" to words that already have it or don't need it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    The girl that is staying with all those old ladies (and Sam Neil haha)
    Those ladies are one of the best parts of the show so far. So funny!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice lead dealer is on a distinguished road lead dealer's Avatar

This show has a lot of possiabilites.... Yet as with most really thought provoking telivision, it will proably not make it past the first season. Jerico (well sort of ) and Kings comes to mind.....

I too did get a really creapy/ twin peaks vibe.......

Did anyone else think that for such a small town they have a rather large sheriffs office? I am sure this wil have to come into play later..... or maybe that is just my "trained in" cop paranoia kicking in....

lets hope this one lasts!!

Unless it takes a turn for majorly cheasy.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast