Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1809

Thread: the DT movie thread

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

dr who from 2 dr whos ago if you follow me.(the invisible bloke from Heroes) would make a good roland.

john malkovick (spelling) as tick tock. falling that as a roont character based on his role in of mice and men.

That bloke from flash gordon (who could fly, if i remember correctly) got a beard and is kinda large. Brain blesid perhaps. probly wrong, anyway, as the voice of Blaine the mono. If you know who i mean tis impossible to disagree.

dont know why but i would like the kid from 2 and a half men as Jake.

*not dark tower but anyway. the undertaker from his hells angel days (wwf wrestler)as armand st. peirre form black house, name may be wrong, but its been a long time since i read it.
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i believe you mean:

christopher eccleston:
    john malkovich:
    brian blessed:
    angus jones:

mark calaway:

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

she shoots.... she scores.

funny how i pick actors to my parts in what would probably be the best movie ever and cant name one of them. would hardly be an all star cast. but i stand by my choices.

no, i can hear brian blessed as the voice of blaine. a friend of mine and i were chatting about that not too long ago, actually.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

there tell me that isnt the man in black
    Attached Images
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

you did it!

Country
    Country Flag

i can see him fleeing across the desert. Looks are perfect, but what about his silly voice?

no. that's why it has to be gary oldman.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    I know, I know Oy is so dear to me I'm afraid it would break my heart to see some unnatural-looking CGI animation instead of a real, living thing. But I also understand why it might not be possible to have a real one.

Yet I want to see a living billy-bumbler, licking Roland's cheek. *sob*
    Did you ever see the Golden Compass? The job they did on the bear was just fantastic. and if they brought the same attention to detail to Oy, i believe we would not know the difference

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You speak true, candy. I've seen Golden Compass, and while the panserbjørner were a bit awkward (just slightly), the smaller animals looked very good. Well, I think I will rest my mind for a while now.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by <ô> bango skank <ô> View Post
    i can see him fleeing across the desert. Looks are perfect, but what about his silly voice?
    i've given buscemi thought too, but ultimately, i agree with bango. buscemi is a great actor and he could even look right for walter/marten/flagg, but he will never sound right. i once thought tim roth might be a good idea. he can sound like pretty much anything he wants to and he can pull off both the dramatic and the comedic elements of the character. if i believed in a movie, i think he'd be a good choice.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Tim Roth was in Skellig playing the fallen angel, seeing him in this you may be right

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by <ô> bango skank <ô> View Post
    i've given buscemi thought too, but ultimately, i agree with bango. buscemi is a great actor and he could even look right for walter/marten/flagg, but he will never sound right. i once thought tim roth might be a good idea. he can sound like pretty much anything he wants to and he can pull off both the dramatic and the comedic elements of the character. if i believed in a movie, i think he'd be a good choice.

If I believed in a movie, I'd choose Willem Dafoe. He would be my first and only choice for the role I think.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

what about dafoe

as roland?
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Country
    Country Flag

i think i came across insulting towards Buscemi. that was not my intention. he is a great actor, but in my opinion, not right for this role. sorry steve.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

what about dafoe

as roland?

MIB.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

here's one... Michael Madsen as Roland. Was watching res dogs earlier and he seemed to fit. Have heard that he's a right bastard on set and stuff, but Roland isn't exactly Mr. nice guy anyway. Have thought on this for a long time, and this one seems the best match, in my mind anyway, so far.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually think Madsen could do well with it.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is probably OLD OLD news (well from the beginning of May, but around here I bet it is) has anyone seen this: http://www.nerdles.com/2009/05/06/ch...ion-dark-tower

It's rumored that Christian Bale is in the line-up for cast members in the DT movie. How can this be if he is filming Terminator? Possibly that the DT series won't start filming till those are done?

But gosh...if he really is in it that is a bunch of big movie titles back to back to back.
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theyspunaweb View Post
    This is probably OLD OLD news (well from the beginning of May, but around here I bet it is) has anyone seen this: http://www.nerdles.com/2009/05/06/ch...ion-dark-tower

It's rumored that Christian Bale is in the line-up for cast members in the DT movie. How can this be if he is filming Terminator? Possibly that the DT series won't start filming till those are done?

But gosh...if he really is in it that is a bunch of big movie titles back to back to back.

it was mentioned somewhere (its a big thread) about CB and i agree he would make a fab roland.

in regards to time scales, IF Dt was ever made, it will be quite a while yet, so he should have finished whatever he signed up for on Term (do we know how many films he signed up for?)

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I figured there was something posted already
    And I don't know about how many but on imbd it says he will be in T5.

I agree he would work for the part, however they really need to put some wear and tear on him for me to believe his is Roland
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Traveler dogbert is on a distinguished road dogbert's Avatar

not sure if anyone else has mentioned this one (thread is very long!), but I thought recently about Hugh Laurie as Roland...
    Seeing his performance in 'House' made me believe he could do well as Roland - he's a good height and quite lanky, and very good with accents too. Just a thought...

Dogbert, you are not alone at all. There are many of us here who think Hugh Laurie would be an ideal choice to play Roland.

Welcome to the site.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, there is a whole "Huge Laurie IS Roland" fan club here.

Me and one of the other owners were just talking about this Sat night as a matter of fact.

(yes, we spent enough time together to actually get around to talking Dark Tower)
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

I'm thinking of starting a "Christian Bale IS NOT Roland" fan club.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast