Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes -- watch out for **SPOILERS**

Gunslinger Apprentice Chasing Dragons is on a distinguished road

2 excellent points were made. The Jesse dude does have the same kind of thing as Echo. But Echo wasn't a "bad" guy. I guess the just used the idea. Whatever.

Next, headphones guy. I thought the same thing. He is just a re-vamped version of Isaac! But Isaac couldn't share his visionary power. However, Parkman as a junky would be kinda fun!

How's about Sylar as June Cleaver!?

John F. Kennedy streetbudz is on a distinguished road streetbudz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluelph24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Dragons View Post
    Oh come on! You're getting tired of Clare Bear? Hahaha!!! Yeah, her little poor me I'm alone in the world schtick is getting old. However, I did like seeing her head cut off.

Episode 2, biatches!!! I got my bowl packed and I'm ready to go!

So, did anyone watch the webisodes? I was under the impression that Echo would be in the season. In fact, they were supposed to have Origins last year before the strike and in each episode, a new character would be introduced and finally, after the 6 weeks, we, the viewers would choose which one would continue in to the regular cast. They kinda followed up on that online and the speedster chick was one of the characters voted on. Did anyone do that? You could choose a dude and a chick and pick out of a couple different choices what their powers, demeanor, background, etc. would be and the speedster chick was the female character chosen online. Anyways, no Echo, eh?
    the thing is. echo had the same power as jesse and was locked up in section 5 at the end of the webisodes. needless to say, i was confused when there was a person with an identical power, except a completely different character.
    I found an article with the episodes director Greg Beema that explaines why this character ended up with an identical power. Here is the excerpt:

There were changes made to reduce budget in the bank scenes as well. Most noteably – at first Jesse’s power was Earthquake-stomp (Like Gorgon of the Inhumans from the Fantastic Four comics) But this power implied cracking floors and walls and all manner of damage that would be expensive to produce. At the last minute we changed him to a Sonic scream (like DC’s Black Canary) – this was easier to accomplish but was a bummer too us because we already had Echo from the online webisodes with sonic power – Oh well…

full article here http://io9.com/5056841/heroes-avoids...nded-by-budget

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I don't want to sound bad, but I haven't followed the webisodes at all.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    I don't want to sound bad, but I haven't followed the webisodes at all.
    Don't feel bad, I had no idea there were even webisodes.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Last year I had signed up somehow to get emails and text messages from heroes. So, that's how I found out. But they made a ton of extraneous shit. They had a Heroes magazine. They have all of the online comics. They even put all the comics into a book. They wrote a book about Hiro's love affair with Charlie in Odessa. So, they produced 3 3-minute webisodes. You can go to www.nbc.com and check out the Heroes homepage and find them.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I didn't follow the webisodes either. Hell, the plot is enough to keep up with without throwing more potential characters in there. IMO

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Dragons View Post
    Last year I had signed up somehow to get emails and text messages from heroes. So, that's how I found out. But they made a ton of extraneous shit. They had a Heroes magazine. They have all of the online comics. They even put all the comics into a book. They wrote a book about Hiro's love affair with Charlie in Odessa. So, they produced 3 3-minute webisodes. You can go to www.nbc.com and check out the Heroes homepage and find them.
    Chris, I am so glad to see you posting here.

Wow, that's a bunch of shit to go along with the show. I knew about the comics, and I had seen a commercial about the other characters and voting for your favorite character, but it's too much to keep up on. I can barely remember what day it's on.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First time posting in this topic.

My wife and I enjoy it. Check that, she enjoys it, I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!! I'm a comic book geek from way, way back. She has a tough time following the plot. I keep her up though. Comics are often like that. I have to admit that one of the things I really like IS the repeating of powers. This means that each person is not as uniqu as they thought, but also plays into the idea of genetic mutation. We only have so many skin tones, hair colors, eye colors, etc. so it makes sense to me for the powers to repeat.

I do like the speedster going up against Hiro though. GREAT archenemy for a Chronol Manipulator.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Chris, I am so glad to see you posting here.

Wow, that's a bunch of shit to go along with the show. I knew about the comics, and I had seen a commercial about the other characters and voting for your favorite character, but it's too much to keep up on. I can barely remember what day it's on.[/QUOTE]

Hannah! It's great to see you again, too, love!

Yeah, it's totally a bunch of shit! Honestly, I love the show, but I don't have the time or the money to keep up with all of it. I just keep getting these damn texts on Monday mornings!

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Are the subject lines like "Help us catch the Villians" and such?

My Mood
    Amused

It's on It's on It's on

My Mood
    Amused

And of course, I just got my question answered about Peter's scare.

Spoiler:
    The Haitian

and I guess it makes sense.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Can someone tell me why everyone was blaming Peter for the explosion? He wasn't the one that killed the kid and set Sylar off. Idiots.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

"Hiro, you son of a -"

To Be Continued.......
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And of course, I just got my question answered about Peter's scar.

Spoiler:
    The Haitian

Does it? Wouldn't his wounds heal as soon as
    Spoiler:
    the Haitian left? Wouldn't his healing abilities return afterwards?

I'm still waiting on a answer about the scar....though I did originally think this too Mordred.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I must have missed that part with the Haitian....crap...someone fill me in on what happened!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Mordred, you are kind of right about the texts. They're ostensibly from some chick in the company.

Ok, perhaps I forgot, but did Mohinder come up with his formula autonomously, yet concurrently to the half-a formula being stolen? Because it seems to me Mohinder's formula and THE formula are one and the same, but I just can't fucking remember how Mohinder got a hold of it.

I liked the use of the Francis Scott Key bridge in D.C. I also liked how Sylar's kid was named Noah! However, it seems to me that this season's main plot is almost identical to season 1. Save some bullshit and you'll save the world from another explosion. I suppose that's how comic books are, too, though. Ok, now that I think about it, nevermind!

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    And of course, I just got my question answered about Peter's scar.

Spoiler:
    The Haitian

Does it? Wouldn't his wounds heal as soon as
    Spoiler:
    the Haitian left? Wouldn't his healing abilities return afterwards?

I'm still waiting on a answer about the scar....though I did originally think this too Mordred.
    Except at the moment the future Peter is still Dead, or so we believe. And/or he could be dead because there are still bullets in major organs. But I think that if the future Peter got the scare while the Haitian was around and the wound healed "naturally" then the Haitian left, I don't think the power can fix the scar. But, again, I'm sure we'll be told.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's just me, but I think this new season is a huge disappointment.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

it's just you, i'm happy as a pig in shit.

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol.

Maybe it has to grow on me.

My Mood
    Amused

idk, that picture makes me miss what was it called Arrested Development?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still not at all convinced about the Haitian being the reason for the scar....though I'm sure that's how they'll write it. Everyone's powers return once he leaves the room, so all Peter's powers should return and do their thing.

I am extremely happy about this season so far, it's good stuff. Better than last season by far!

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I'm still not at all convinced about the Haitian being the reason for the scar....though I'm sure that's how they'll write it. Everyone's powers return once he leaves the room, so all Peter's powers should return and do their thing.

I am extremely happy about this season so far, it's good stuff. Better than last season by far!
    actually, what is needed to know is the radius of the haitian's power. Remember he wasn't in the room when the speedster and hiro lost there powers in the movie theatre. he may have been right out side, but wasn't in the room. And like I said, if the Haitian was in the radius of the future peter and the future peter's wound healed normally while the haitian was around (who knows the circumstances), then the scare would not heal, only the wound. for example, assumption, the future peter seems to still be dead and the haitian left the room.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Ok, does ANYBODY believe that Hiro really killed Ando?

And I thought Matt's dad was dead. Or locked in his mind somewhere. or something.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast