Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 714 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 664 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought you meant sweet as in a diabetic coma

Let us (me) know what you think of the first book when you finish it. I started a Sandman thread in Dutch Hill if you want to hit that up.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm all over that. I'll have a chance to look at the BMV I get all my books at this weekend. They usually have 'em cheap, cheap. Hopefully, they'll have a copy or two.

I'll keep an eye out for other Gaiman books, too. I really loved American Gods.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Gunslinger Apprentice Bluenose is on a distinguished road Bluenose's Avatar

Just finished Homicide : A Year On The Killing Streets. Very good, very enjoyable (especially as you can see where some of hte stories, anecdotes and stories have made their way through to The Wire and obviously, the show Homicide Life On The Street). David Simons has a very...conversational writing style. He starts to tell you about a case, then breaks off to tell a story about the detective investigating it, then goes back to the case.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That sounds really cool.

I'm listening to Darkly Dreaming Dexter right now, pretty fun.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I may have to move American Gods up on my reading list - looks like it's getting a lot of good reviews here.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, you need to move it up to #1. You won't regret it

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I can read King again! (thank you all my friends who helped me with your advice in I Need Help thread) I will resume Duma Key tonight, and if I really can read, that will be the happiest moment! I had loved it so much before I had to stop.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great, Jean! I'll cross my fingers (and toes) for you.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

lately into Clive Barker's The Great and Secret Show and Everville; also into Lee Child's Jack Reacher series; as well as keeping SK in the mix with Duma Key. Can't friggin find Imajica by Barker n it's pissin me off.

My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That sounds really cool.

I'm listening to Darkly Dreaming Dexter right now, pretty fun.
    VERY good series. Jeff Lindsay. have you gotten into the Showtime series yet?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Really enjoying Water For Elephants, not at all what I expected!

Tiffany, I'm so glad you loved American Gods - it blew me away too first time (and second...ad infinitum ) If you read Anansi Boys you'll be greeted by some familiar characters

If you liked Watchmen you have to read V For Vendetta and erase the memory of that atrocious film forever!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbros View Post
    Can't friggin find Imajica by Barker n it's pissin me off.
    I ♥ Imajica.

Have you tried Amazon yet?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Really enjoying Water For Elephants, not at all what I expected!
    It wasn't what I expected, either - but I really enjoyed it!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally - it was a case of a bad summary write up on the back cover...if I'd picked it up in a bookstore and read the back I would have thought "Bleck! Crappy lovestory!" but it's way more

My Mood
    Brooding

actually i'm broke. ( i meant as far as the public libraries.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

If you liked Watchmen you have to read V For Vendetta and erase the memory of that atrocious film forever!!
    I'm not even gonna bother seeing the movie for Watchmen. I'll keep my memories of the book pure. Sorry Feev, don't shoot me.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally - it was a case of a bad summary write up on the back cover...if I'd picked it up in a bookstore and read the back I would have thought "Bleck! Crappy lovestory!" but it's way more
    That's exactly what I thought! My boss loaned me the book, and after reading the back, I was all "oh great, this will be fun". Turns out she knows my tastes pretty well.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You have a nice boss!

John

My Mood
    Brooding

hey if anyone sees brice let him kno i couldn't stick around i only got 20 minutes to get to the P.O. and it'll prob take 15 to get there. laters.

btw~ ne1 who's interested in SK should check out this creepy lil book called "I Shudder At Your Touch."

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Jayson - I haven't seen the film either...if it's not good enough for Alan Moore...

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

...if it's not good enough for Alan Moore...
    Oh what does he know, all he did was create the thing

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    You have a nice boss!

John

I do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 714 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 264 664 ... LastLast