Quote Originally Posted by bluelph24 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
Quote Originally Posted by bluelph24 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
That's why many of us are so crazy about this book. Because as you have written: "they didn't really do anything..." but they spent so much time together they palavered a lot they were getting closer and closer to each other.
they may have gotton close, but i serious;ly doubt, from what i remmeber of DT1, that they could have gooton close enough for roland to cry over jake. he dropped him without a second thought! i'm sorry, but i can't see the source of the tears in DT3 judging by roland's actions in the previous 2 books.
I might misunderstand you so please feel free to correct me but when he dropped Jake there was no ka-tet at all. Roland met Eddie and Susannah in DotT and they became a true ka-tet in this very book. And one of the biggest action was when Roland was working to save Jake from the Tick-Tock Man.
I don't say that Roland became a big-hearted unselfish life-guard in this book but he did show love an respect to the others.

but the love and respect for eddie and susannah are waranted. eddie and roland had their whole thing with balazar. eddie dragged roladn up the beach. respect adn love are understandable. love and respect for susannah came of the trials and tribulations of detta and odetta. i can see him loving and respecting those two, but i can't see it for jake.
Warranted? Why would it be? From such a man as Roland love is almost a miracle. He was a killing machine without a soul for hunderds of years.
Anyway I don't think that love is ever warranted. I mean it isn't such an easy thing.. to open your heart to someone.
For my part I do remember parts when Roland had really nice thoughts with touchable feelings about Jake in this book. So it's not just an opinion.
I will try to find them because I guess I know where I should look for them.

The way I see it Roland always loved and respected Jake. From the very beginning.