Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whedonverse

Gunslinger Apprentice wildfire1290 is on a distinguished road wildfire1290's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it worth watching even if I watch the episodes online for free?
    Opinion in politics, and politics, is an evil which has caused many a fellow to be hung while he’s still young and pretty.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Go for it, you might enjoy it, and if you don't at least you won't have wasted much.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

yeppers
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

on a totally different topic. i was in the car today, listening to the radio (god i miss my ipod) and a new michelle branch song came on. which got me thinking about you guys - because of this thread.

i loved that joss whedon had unknown and relatively unknown artists playing at the bronze in buffy. i mean, seriously. it was sunnydale and it was the bronze. it's not like ben folds five was going to play there or something. but, think of all the great artists/bands that were heard on buffy. a lot of them i had never heard of until i saw an ep and looked it up to see "what that great song was". michelle branch, k's choice, cibo matto, t.h.c. (as shy), aimee mann, angie hart, four star mary (as dingoes ate my baby).

not to mention that joss himself could write. he wrote blue (sung by angie hart), and i have the soundtrack for once more, with feeling memorized.

Gunslinger Apprentice wildfire1290 is on a distinguished road wildfire1290's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    on a totally different topic. i was in the car today, listening to the radio (god i miss my ipod) and a new michelle branch song came on. which got me thinking about you guys - because of this thread.

i loved that joss whedon had unknown and relatively unknown artists playing at the bronze in buffy. i mean, seriously. it was sunnydale and it was the bronze. it's not like ben folds five was going to play there or something. but, think of all the great artists/bands that were heard on buffy. a lot of them i had never heard of until i saw an ep and looked it up to see "what that great song was". michelle branch, k's choice, cibo matto, t.h.c. (as shy), aimee mann, angie hart, four star mary (as dingoes ate my baby).

not to mention that joss himself could write. he wrote blue (sung by angie hart), and i have the soundtrack for once more, with feeling memorized.
    Wait, Michelle Branch was on Buffy?
    Opinion in politics, and politics, is an evil which has caused many a fellow to be hung while he’s still young and pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by wildfire1290 View Post

Wait, Michelle Branch was on Buffy?
    ooookay. if you're kidding:

if you're not: ummm, yeah. Tabula Rasa. season six. singing goodbye to you in the bronze (different version from the radio one). it rocked.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh wow...totally escaped my mind there for some reason.
    *goes to sit in a corner*

no, no. come out of the corner. it happens. i completely forgot my name once so don't feel bad.

Country
    Country Flag

no, no. come out of the corner. it happens. i completely forgot my name once so don't feel bad.
    Woo hoo for acceptance of failures!

isn't that ultimately what life is?

Country
    Country Flag

Eh, in the end more or less.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

you forgot Bif Naked.

Moment of Weakness, We Are the Lucky Ones?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    you forgot Bif Naked.

Moment of Weakness, We Are the Lucky Ones?

damn i did. and i love we are the lucky ones. stupid turtle.

My Mood
    Breezy

it's ok, you at least know who they are.

I don't think these were on Buffy, but a long time ago, back in the age of Napster, before youtube, i downloaded an AMV titled buffy top 5 moments or something like that. I've since seen it on youtube. anyways, this amv used, amongst others, Sarah Mclachlan's Full of Grace and Allison Krauss's It Doesn't Matter. It Doesn't matter is now one of my favorite songs of all time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3t2QCcxV70"]YouTube - Buffy Music Video (Doesn't Matter)[/ame]

Country
    Country Flag

Wow..napster. So old school...

My Mood
    Breezy

....oh you darn whipersnapper! I oughta beat you with my cane!..........

Country
    Country Flag

....oh you darn whipersnapper! I oughta beat you with my cane!..........

whoa whoa whoa there grandpa...

My Mood
    Breezy

grandpa? I'll change your diaper young'n! and then I'll feed it to you.

Country
    Country Flag

*Laughs*
    Oh Grandpa...

it's ok, you at least know who they are.

I don't think these were on Buffy, but a long time ago, back in the age of Napster, before youtube, i downloaded an AMV titled buffy top 5 moments or something like that. I've since seen it on youtube. anyways, this amv used, amongst others, Sarah Mclachlan's Full of Grace and Allison Krauss's It Doesn't Matter. It Doesn't matter is now one of my favorite songs of all time.

<snip>
    i love love love alison krauss. have you heard her new album with robert plant?

and full of grace, when buffy is leaving town. i cry every single time! what about prayer for saint francis (sarah mclachlan)?

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Um, ok. You're right. How dare I have a different opinion!
    Good idea to take this discussion to the point of condescension.
    You call is condescending, I call it sarcasm.

i love when people bust out the "Isn't it ok that I have a different opinion?" defense, which translates to "I got nothin'! OMG, what's that behind you!"

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

He wrote the theme to Firefly too, which is one of my favorite theme songs.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK, sure, you're right.

You feel better now?
    As I said before..... MOVING ON...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    He wrote the theme to Firefly too, which is one of my favorite theme songs.
    I love the firefly theme, Great song!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Firefly theme song is my ring tone right now. ha ha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast