Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Long Road Home Discussion Thread

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

It just shows to me, that the Wizard's Rainbow can manifest itself in different ways...
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

On Lilja's site he has April 2nd listed as the release date of issue 2.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Am I the only one not crazy about the long stalk in the middle of his forehead?
    I guess the 'dick head' term would be a bit too obvious right? (The picture I mean, not you.)

It does have a very interesting freaky look, but, yeah. It's not how the Crimson King should really look according to the various descriptions etc. Also isn't he supposed to have a long white beard when in human form? Maybe he hasn't grown it yet in this time period. That, or maybe he hasn't shifted fully into his human form there. He might be in transit so to speak. (That and if this is viewed 'todash' his appearance could be different).

Maybe he can probably look how he wants anyway.
    Based on that stalk, perhaps his human form is... Ed Grimley!

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah...I don't know how I feel about that artwork.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Despite my Ed Grimley comment, I actually like that picture.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I do too. It's kind of...disturbing, though.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had to digest this first issue and it has been growing on me. I think my biggest disappointment was with Jae Lee's art. The first run was just so clean and stunning. Perhaps he's 'dirtied' up his style a bit which seems to run with the mood of the comic. It's still great work.
    Peter David is doing a spot on job with the writing. I'm down with anything involving more Cuthbert. Bring me more Cuthbert material!

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The artwork is good...I think it's the way he's sitting that bothers me.
    Like he's saying: "Aaagh...woman. Bring me another beer while I watch my Nascar race."

Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    I had to digest this first issue and it has been growing on me. I think my biggest disappointment was with Jae Lee's art. The first run was just so clean and stunning. Perhaps he's 'dirtied' up his style a bit which seems to run with the mood of the comic. It's still great work.
    Peter David is doing a spot on job with the writing. I'm down with anything involving more Cuthbert. Bring me more Cuthbert material!

I think some of the big pieces are some of the best he's done.

Along the Path of the Beam Childe 007 is on a distinguished road Childe 007's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Am I the only person who liked the grapefruit eye?
    No! I actually loved it! It captured the essence of the "grapefruit" perfectly. It is indeed an "evil eye". And the symbolism of it being turned inward on Roland...

I won't go as far as saying that it's what I pictured when I read Wizard and Glass... but it made perfect sense to me when I saw it here.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't really view the grapefruit as an eye in the book. I can see how it might be viewed that way since that's how it is used... i.e. to see other places, but not as an eye itself....(that's a bit of a contradiction but never mind.

DT 5-7 spoilers-

Spoiler:
    I think the eye metaphor applies very much to segment of the rainbow featuring in these books though. Ironically, it isn't used that way by people, i.e. it's not a seeing glass in that sense, but as an evil eye looking back at you from the todash darkness, or the red king himself... oh yes very much.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG YES!!!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

For Daghain, Girly, Cyber and Jayson... the official wallpaper of your favorite pose..

John F. Kennedy Stinga of A-Town is on a distinguished road Stinga of A-Town's Avatar

So I have finally picked up #1 of the Long Road Home this past Friday, (I'm a slacker - I know) and I must say I am captivated. Granted, a few liberties have been taken with the details of the story as we all know it from the books, but I can accept that as we are about to embark on a "new" ( or expanded) or chunk of the story.

(BTW, Sorry for the spoiler tags if they are not needed, but always safe, never sorry)

Spoiler:
    The Gunslinger Born stayed fairly true to the book up through the battle with Cort. Seemed it zipped through the whole Hambry/Susan/eyebolt canyon too fast in my opinion. That didn't quite bother me so much, as I have been up and down the Tower a few time prior to the comic release, but I sure hope they take time to explore in greater detail all that happens on the journey back to Gilead.
    Honestly I would like to see, more than anything, is the events leading up to, and the battle at Jerico Hill.

Default Variant...I actually like this one.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OOH, yeah, nice one!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

awesome!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I found a use for that cover. Thanks CK!

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I think I found a use for that cover. Thanks CK!

Hey no problem, sweetie! I know how cowboy motifs are a big turn-on for you, if you want to blow it up to masturbate to go ahead.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just love the angle that Jae Lee decided to draw that picture. Perfect.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is by far the best work I have ever seen from Jae. The first run of 'Born' could be some of my favorite comic art of all time. Just beautiful.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Picked it up 45 minutes ago and tore through it. This one is even better than the first. The end-story is as usual fantastic...Two words - "Uffis" "vampires"!!! Oh and we get to see where Sheemie's teleportation powers come from...VERY interesting, exciting stuff.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyhow, I've pre-ordered mine already. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow, or Friday the latest.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably have to wait about a week for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I'll probably have to wait about a week for mine.
    ???

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast