Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 627 of 644 FirstFirst ... 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 ... LastLast
Results 15,651 to 15,675 of 16091

Thread: Suntup Editions

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow, looks like it will be iconic! I registered interest ... hopefully soon enough.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Traveler KarlHungus is on a distinguished road

I can only hope that this means Paul has broken the ice with Neil Gaiman and other books are to follow. I'd love to see Stardust and Good Omens.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I cannot stress over it like last time.
    Hannibal Rising signed limited would be pretty sweet though. I still need a SotL but that'll probably be a while off.
    I should look my numbers up for Hannibal and Red Dragon. Someone might need them for a set.

I’m chasing number 172 Hannibal, if you happen to take a look. Cheers
    Sorry, I have 322 for Hannibal and it will take a few days to get to Red Dragon cause I am reorganizing everything and it's a bit of a mess right now.
    Thanks for checking Tommy
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interested in a lettered Neuromancer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am absolutely thrilled that Paul and his team are working with Neil Gaiman. I hope this is the first of many joint projects between this publisher and this author.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I am absolutely thrilled that Paul and his team are working with Neil Gaiman. I hope this is the first of many joint projects between this publisher and this author.
    Same.

More Gaiman books would re-spark my interest in what Paul's been doing (just personal taste with what's been offered - not my cup of tea.)

Of course, I have a serious love/hate fascination with American Gods. I really REALLY wanted to like this book when Gaiman first started talking about it years and years ago, and after it came out, I just wasn't a fan. I even tried many years later (was it an age thing? Better appreciated when I was older?) and still was very meh on it.

I'm embarrassed by how many different copies of this book I do have though, especially considering it's one of my least liked Gaiman books.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RED DRAGON NUMBERED - $1875 shipped
    HANNIBAL NUMBERED - $595 shipped
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I found American Gods to be difficult reading but the full cast audiobook made me appreciate the story.

Kind of on the fence about the numbered but as someone who's not on the train anymore I guess I'll wait and see what happens.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

I've been reading IMAJICA for the first time, switching between Kindle and dipping into my AE. Yes, it feels good to actually read a Suntup. It look me a while to get into... it's taking me much longer to read than THE STAND my first time, even though it's shorter, it feels longer with a much more extensive vocabulary and a poetic writing style that took me a bit to really grab onto. But now at 75% done this is probably one of my favorite books ever. Truly a beautiful book and one I may have never conquered if not for the imposing presence of the Suntup on my shelf. It's one of those books where I'm just absolutely floored at the author's imagination and ability to tie so many threads together.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Don’t know if you’ve read the Abarat books by Barker, but it’s similar in that his imagination of the different worlds is amazing as is his ability in making you see it as you read it. I know they are supposed to be YA books, but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed them.
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    RED DRAGON NUMBERED - $1875 shipped
    HANNIBAL NUMBERED - $595 shipped
    HANNIBAL IS SOLD. RED DRAGON LOWERED TO $1750!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    ...with a much more extensive vocabulary and a poetic writing style...I'm just absolutely floored at the author's imagination and ability to tie so many threads together.
    That's Clive, baby!
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    I've been reading IMAJICA for the first time, switching between Kindle and dipping into my AE. Yes, it feels good to actually read a Suntup. It look me a while to get into... it's taking me much longer to read than THE STAND my first time, even though it's shorter, it feels longer with a much more extensive vocabulary and a poetic writing style that took me a bit to really grab onto. But now at 75% done this is probably one of my favorite books ever. Truly a beautiful book and one I may have never conquered if not for the imposing presence of the Suntup on my shelf. It's one of those books where I'm just absolutely floored at the author's imagination and ability to tie so many threads together.
    That's pretty much spot on when it comes to Barker. He's very fecund when it comes to places, characters and events, and he has has little restraint in curtailing his imagination. Imajica is both the best and worst of that impulse. It makes for a long, rich, meandering novel, but it's ultimately satisfying and impressively crafted. His prose is very readable as well.

Probably my favourite Barker work, despite its self-indulgence. Certainly the Cilver-Barkerest Clive Barker novel. And the Suntup AE is an absolute joy to read.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read Imajica but yeah that fits my experience with a lot of Barker novels... Weaveworld was great but it was a bit tough to get through.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post
    Don’t know if you’ve read the Abarat books by Barker, but it’s similar in that his imagination of the different worlds is amazing as is his ability in making you see it as you read it. I know they are supposed to be YA books, but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed them.
    I wouldn't jump into this until he finishes it. He's taking the George RR Martin approach to finishing this one.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, for me, Barker peaked in 1994 with the wonderful Y/A Thief of Always - everything prior is fantastic. Everville tried to sustain The Art series in 1994, but fell short of its amazing predecessor, and then I thought Barker might be back with Coldheart Canyon in 2001 (a truly underrated horror novel). The Abarat series is good, but hard to judge because of its incompleteness. I feel for Clive, as his health has not been good, and I feel it impedes his ability to work, but then I realize that he undertakes too many things at once and in the end fails to serve any of them. Turns out that King was wrong about Barker being "the future of horror."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Barker jumped the shark so long ago, it doesn't even seem to matter.

Country
    Country Flag

IM LOVIN Blackwater.. can't stop. So good.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Hill House letter L.... as new and shipped for $3250!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ISO:
    Red Dragon ARC
    Please PM me
    Hopefully someone can help.
    Thanks a million

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Jeffrey Alan Love is an inspired choice for the illustrations for Schindler's Ark. The stark haunting & foreboding quality his illustrations matches well the subject matter of the novel. I've been a fan of his for a while and highly recommend his own graphic novels and sketchbooks. I had been thinking I'd pickup an AE of this, but may wait to see if there is a numbered available come Saturday.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

352 AE
    89 N
    6 lettered

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm out unless D.B. Cooper's skeleton comes down clutching a bag full of money on a parachute in my backyard after being held up by the trade winds for the last 51 years.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

7 numbered still available. Get 'em while they last.

edit about a minute later: All gone.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 627 of 644 FirstFirst ... 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 ... LastLast