Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 425 of 441 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,625 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Northman - It is hard to describe what is missing from The Northman. Perhaps it is merely Hamlet being so done to death that it lacks that emotional punch now. But the performances are good, theproduction design is astounding, and the photography is magnificent. It lacks the pathos that The Witch and The Lifhthouse did so well.

4/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with just about everything you said. There's tons to love about The Northman--acting, imagery, tone, and more--and I really did enjoy it, but I do think that it dragged a little in the middle, and I didn't feel as connected to Amleth and Olga as I was hoping. But if the Oscars decide to add an award for Best Appearance by a Volcano in a Motion Picture, it would surely go to The Northman.

If I'm ranking Eggers' films, it'd be:

3. The Lighthouse
    2. The Northman
    1. The Witch (which I think is extra successful because of it's simplicity)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Bergman, Viking, Shakespeare, Violence, Haneke, Icelandic, Hellscape, Death/Beauty, Hope 4/4

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

And Hamlet never gets old! How very dare you!

I have only seen the Witch for comparison but I feel both are masterpieces. I have not seen Lighthouse.

Björk!!!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched The Batman at home.

I found The Riddler truly terrifying, especially so after unmasking. The escalation of events didn’t grip me as much as The Dark Knight, but planning on watching again and again.

My modern day Seven. I couldn’t help but compare. I almost feel that it almost drew Seven into the Gotham City universe bizarrely.

I had one laugh out loud moment when the penguin had his feet tied up and he had to waddle to follow Batman. It wasn’t played for laughs I think, but certainly a nod to penguin being penguin.

Otherwise a very grim view of Gotham. Fab

Pattinson 9.5 I thought his performance was up there.
    Writing 8 due to a few corny lines
    Riddler 10 scary as hell
    Penguin… not sure, very good, subdued role in this I thought, imagine the sequel will see some very interesting developments.

Rating overall 8.5 out of 10.

Imagine what this film could have done if it was an R rating!

(Edited to expand a little and add a rating)
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Then you haven't read the play, watched the 4 hour Branagh adaptation, written an essay on Hamlet, and then watched The Northman adapting Hamlet all in like a 10 day span. It gets old lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Then you haven't read the play, watched the 4 hour Branagh adaptation, written an essay on Hamlet, and then watched The Northman adapting Hamlet all in like a 10 day span. It gets old lol
    I've read the play, watched the Branuagh, never written an essay but have also seen Olivier's Hamlet, Gibson's Hamlet, and interestingly enough, the show Mystery Science Theater 3000 did an episode using a made for TV German adaptation with Max Schell playing Hamlet. That episode is often ranked among the least funny of the series run just because bad Hamlet is still good Hamlet.

I can appreciate burn out but it has lasted for a while because reasons.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't care what anyone else thinks, but Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy is still the best yet. And it'll be pretty hard to top, Ledgers "Joker!! Of course that's just MHO FWIW but its my call and I'm sticking to it!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

And if I had been through that gauntlet, would have been tired of the plot as well but thankfully, my experiences are spread over decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I don't care what anyone else thinks, but Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy is still the best yet. And it'll be pretty hard to top, Ledgers "Joker!! Of course that's just MHO FWIW but its my call and I'm sticking to it!! lol
    What all other things are you comparing Nolan's Trilogy to, Bill? And I also agree that Leger's Joker is the best I've seen.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent last night and really enjoyed it. Nicolas Cage's awesomeness is ubiquitous. Pedro Pascal was amazing as well, a great pairing. It was no The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari but it might rival Face/Off
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVED Legers Joker but I think if he had not died and both that and the JOKER were out at the same time it would be more favourable towards Phoenix's version.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I really like Phoenix Joker but watching that movie repeatedly would get depressing in a way I don't think re-watching The Dark Knight would.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really like Phoenix Joker but watching that movie repeatedly would get depressing in a way I don't think re-watching The Dark Knight would.
    Agreee totally. But I think that’s the point too… it’s a sad story. I really hope we get more. Imagine Patersons Batman going up against him!?? Talk about DARK. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What all other things are you comparing Nolan's Trilogy to, Bill? And I also agree that Leger's Joker is the best I've seen.
    All other "Batman" movies including the newest which fell kinda flat IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

The new Batman is my favourite movie since the 90's. I loved it. I really did.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The new Batman is my favourite movie since the 90's. I loved it. I really did.
    That's cool. "Batman" is becoming a bit redundant to me I guess. Also, I don't consider "Joker" to be a "superhero/villian" movie at all. It was good but in a very different vein IMHO. In my view there is no, Joker without The Batman as well. May be a limited viewpoint on my part, but that's the way I see it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gave the riddler a 10, as I do think he was hellishly scary, but Heath Ledger, I could watch that version of the Joker all day every day.

I also loved The Joker film too and that version, but where The Batman led me towards Seven, The Joker led me more towards the De Nero film, can’t remember the name but denero was a comedian that went pair shaped, was it Scorsese?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    I gave the riddler a 10, as I do think he was hellishly scary, but Heath Ledger, I could watch that version of the Joker all day every day.

I also loved The Joker film too and that version, but where The Batman led me towards Seven, The Joker led me more towards the De Nero film, can’t remember the name but denero was a comedian that went pair shaped, was it Scorsese?

The King of Comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

The King of Comedy?
    I never liked Jerry Lewis movies but this is my favorite performance of his, perhaps his least humorous as well, not sure because I haven't sen all his films.. Fantastic movie

Country
    Country Flag

King of Comedy, that’s the one.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Knight is still the best Batman film, but The Batman might have taken the No. 2 spot for me, over Batman Begins. My current ranking is

1. The Dark Knight
    2. The Batman
    3. Batman Begins
    4. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    5. The Dark Knight Rises

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The Dark Knight is still the best Batman film, but The Batman might have taken the No. 2 spot for me, over Batman Begins. My current ranking is

1. The Dark Knight
    2. The Batman
    3. Batman Begins
    4. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    5. The Dark Knight Rises
    Mask of… never seen it. Good?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 425 of 441 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 ... LastLast