Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 2021 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap

ESPN has a VERY different look - and win/loss is still the game, but they now appear to award 10 points for each win. Get in the game early so you can feel your way around before the group locks on THURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9!

How to Play

1. It’s simple. Click on the following link and it should take you to the ESPN pigskin pick'em site. If you don’t have an ESPN profile, you will have to set one up.

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/nfl-p...a-2319ca875f3e

Password: roland (all lower case) - please do not share this with non-members of this site.

ESPN will initially name your entry, but you can change that entry name to better identify with your name here once the entry has been created (look for the blue gear cog).

If you have questions about how to set things up in our group, post your questions and the community of folks here will try and help you out.

2. The contest will begin with the first regular season game in Week 1. Only one entry per person in our group and it must be identifiable to me as a member on this board or you can PM me with your ESPN handle. Once the season has started the group is locked. This means that any latecomers will not be able to join (sorry about that!), so please get in early. Picks for week 1 can actually be made now!

3. This contest will end at the conclusion of the ESPN Pick'em season.

4. At the end of the pick'em season, whoever has the best record wins the coveted First Place trophy. We also award trophies for Second, Third, and a (much sought after, one of a kind, not available in any other contest) Last Place Trophy**

**In order to qualify for last place, you need to pick every week, or suffer a penalty for any game(s) not picked. To be safe, just be sure to get IN THE GAME each week and make your picks early!!!!

Last year, Merlin1958 was generous enough to host a post-season trophy event. Should that occur again, I encourage all to participate. THANK YOU!

Not tempted enough? - here are the last couple of years trophies...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Locked & Loaded!!!

I'm in and all set!! I'll obviously be seeking the 1st place trophy but, just as important for me is to finish better than, El Jefe!! That's right, Boss I'm coming for YOU!!!

Couple of additional notes, I'll be happy to host "The Post Season" tournament again if you all enjoyed and want to go for the trophies again. I believe we had one for 1st place and one for 2nd but I'll go check and confirm. Like last year we'll run it in a separate thread, with no cost just full participation and I'll PM for delivery information. Of course, you also obtain full bragging rights!!! It was a very cool and spirited competition last year.

And J, just to show how serious I am, I picked against the, Jets and for the, Raiders for opening weekend!!! GO BIG BLUE as well!!! That's right, whatever it takes to WIN!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why in the hell is it showing peoples names?
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In to kinda win
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Yeah - I don't know. I can't seem to manage that in the group settings, so it must be ESPN and I'm not impressed. I even updated my personal information and it did not affect my entry. Grr!

Edit to add: Several hours after updating my personal information (in my ESPN profile), my entry did change.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Yeah - I don't know. I can't seem to manage that in the group settings, so it must be ESPN and I'm not impressed. I even updated my personal information and it did not affect my entry. Grr!

Edit to add: Several hours after updating my personal information (in my ESPN profile), my entry did change.
    So I tried that - using a translation of my last name - and it worked. Not that I'm worried about you guys - but in general I like to keep as private as possible. No social media crap and I rarely show up in a google search...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, me too. I did a name change and made my initial picks for week 1. When I went back to cjeck it was all gone. No name change, no picks. May be too early for any of that stuff?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Yeah, me too. I did a name change and made my initial picks for week 1. When I went back to cjeck it was all gone. No name change, no picks. May be too early for any of that stuff?
    I made my picks for week 1 and they are still there. To change my personal info, I used the little little person icon in the far upper right corner.

Country
    Country Flag

What's weird is that on my Fire tablet the listings look like they did last year - LurkerTDT1, LurkerTDT.
    On my laptop, using Microsoft Edge - I get the registered names.

And what's this 17 weeks stuff? Isn't 16 stressful enough!!!

Country
    Country Flag

What's weird is that on my Fire tablet the listings look like they did last year - LurkerTDT1, LurkerTDT.

It's actually 18 weeks of picking. Allowing for bye weeks. It seems that your tablet is stuck WAY back in 2020.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's actually 18 weeks of picking. Allowing for bye weeks. It seems that your tablet is stuck WAY back in 2020.
    Wow!! The "Dark Ages"!!! Hell, even my crusty old ass is more up to date!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

No social media crap and I rarely show up in a google search...
    Got you in ONE search, PAL!!

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in. I'll sign up this weekend (assuming I'm sober at some point) but I'm not making any pics till later.

Country
    Country Flag

Awww, that's cute, but alas, it's not me. I've never played Minecraft. I only play first person shooters (OOHH - Far Cry 6 soon!!!!!) and the only place I use Lurker is here. Of course, it is the only forum I use...

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm all set I think.
    I am Jon Benjamin Breeg

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I am Jon Benjamin Breeg
    I am not.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I am Jon Benjamin Breeg
    I am not.
    Thankfully, neither am I!! lol All locked and loaded for better or worse. Let's get it on!!!

BTW, is it me or is it a bit of a late start this year? I miss something? Don't they usually kick it off right around, Labor day?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I am Jon Benjamin Breeg
    I am not.
    Thankfully, neither am I!! lol All locked and loaded for better or worse. Let's get it on!!!

BTW, is it me or is it a bit of a late start this year? I miss something? Don't they usually kick it off right around, Labor day?
    I think the Sep. 9th area is normal. They cut preseason by 1 game. And kudos to Lurker for catching that yes, there are 17 games in the regular season! Wow!!!!

Game on, folks. Have a great, safe, Labor Day!

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I’m in for this one. Looking for that 1st place trophy!!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in! Let the games begin!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am Jon Benjamin Breeg
    I am not.

I think the Sep. 9th area is normal. They cut preseason by 1 game. And kudos to Lurker for catching that yes, there are 17 games in the regular season! Wow!!!!

Game on, folks. Have a great, safe, Labor Day!
    Always seem to remember, Labor day for some reason but, that's probably just my lousy memory. Let's get it on!!!!

Oh wait, does, Cam Newton have a job yet?? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Cam mows my lawn!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cam mows my lawn!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Just a few days to go!!! GET IN THE GAME!!!!

We have 15 players so far. That makes my odds at 1 in 15 to suck worse than all of you! Game on!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast