Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 486 of 644 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 488 496 536 586 ... LastLast
Results 12,126 to 12,150 of 16097

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    Ok - I'm pretty sure that Dec is Heinlein - probably 'Stranger in a Strange Land' and 'Starship Troopers'. Published within two years of each other and the phrase 'was among the first to emphasize scientific accuracy in science-fiction' is verbatim off Heinlein's wikipedia page.
    This 100 percent this! Good job on this guess. I was hoping Chrichton but you are right with this guess

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok - I'm pretty sure that Dec is Heinlein - probably 'Stranger in a Strange Land' and 'Starship Troopers'. Published within two years of each other and the phrase 'was among the first to emphasize scientific accuracy in science-fiction' is verbatim off Heinlein's wikipedia page.
    Now, this would be a cool set. 😉
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

I’m stoked that all 3 science fiction titles are getting AGE’s. I thought November could be We Have Always Lived in the Castle.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JGeis View Post
    I’m stoked that all 3 science fiction titles are getting AGE’s. I thought November could be We Have Always Lived in the Castle.
    It's noted as a second release by that author, and they've already published Jackson twice. Additionally it's being signed by the author- so I'm still thinking 'Seed'

Anyone have a guess for the poetry collection? https://www.pulitzer.org/prize-winners-by-category/224
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

Good call. Makes more sense.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow.
    There is a lot to go through in that news letter. 5 books. Way to finish out the year.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m bummed that the book of poetry is only 1-150 as my number is 165. I suppose it would be 100 times worse if it was a King title, though.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, I am squeaking in with my number being 130.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I’m bummed that the book of poetry is only 1-150 as my number is 165. I suppose it would be 100 times worse if it was a King title, though.
    million times worse bro!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Tell me about it.. my lifetime number is... ready for this?????????????????? #150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, after seeing todays production announcement, I have decided I am going to have to put some books on the market to have a chance at keeping a seat on the train.

I have # 188 of both Bibliomysteries and The Auctioneer ordered and would be willing to move them. Please note that I am not interested in selling my rights, so if you wanted the Auctioneer, it would be for the book itself, no rights included.

Shoot me a private message if you have any interest and we can discuss specifics from there.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Tell me about it.. my lifetime number is... ready for this?????????????????? #150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow. Right on the line.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Now, this would be a cool set. 😉
    Have you read 'Armor' by John Steakley? In terms of plot, setting has some similarities to 'Starship Troopers' - but a very different book. Not sure how much this gets read, but there are some striking aspects to it - though it's a little overlong at points.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, this would be a cool set.
    Have you read 'Armor' by John Steakley? In terms of plot, setting has some similarities to 'Starship Troopers' - but a very different book. Not sure how much this gets read, but there are some striking aspects to it - though it's a little overlong at points.
    No, i haven't. I will put that on my TBR list, thanks!

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's noted as a second release by that author, and they've already published Jackson twice. Additionally it's being signed by the author- so I'm still thinking 'Seed'

Anyone have a guess for the poetry collection? https://www.pulitzer.org/prize-winners-by-category/224
    Hm... Many authors to choose from of course but this one by Frank Bidart sounds quite interesting : Half-light: Collected Poems 1965–2016 .

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Robert Heinlein - Starship Troopers and Stranger in A Strange Land = December releases
    Bah just seen I was beat by 3 minutes, my slow typing loses again
    Robert Heinlein..... but maybe .... Tunnel in the Sky ?

Hm... Many authors to choose from of course but this one by Frank Bidart sounds quite interesting : Half-light: Collected Poems 1965–2016 .
    'Life on Mars' by Tracy K. Smith could be interesting, something of a popular following - and could fit in with the nominal sci-fi theme that q4 seems to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Robert Heinlein - Starship Troopers and Stranger in A Strange Land = December releases
    Bah just seen I was beat by 3 minutes, my slow typing loses again
    Robert Heinlein..... but maybe .... Tunnel in the Sky ?
    Not sure about that - "these classic novels published within two years of each other, are considered among the writer’s greatest achievements"

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

'Life on Mars' by Tracy K. Smith could be interesting, something of a popular following - and could fit in with the nominal sci-fi theme that q4 seems to have.
    Interesting as well, i do love mythology though. Half-Light has 736 pages and Life On Mars has 88 pages.
    Both sound equally interesting to me, although i haven't read much poetry in my life.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    This 100 percent this! Good job on this guess. I was hoping Chrichton but you are right with this guess
    Nice! I was thinking Heinlein, but couldn’t think which books. Those two make sense.

(A volume of the moon is a harsh mistress would also be very welcome. That’s an extraordinary book of his as well.)
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Nice! I was thinking Heinlein, but couldn’t think which books. Those two make sense.

(A volume of the moon is a harsh mistress would also be very welcome. That’s an extraordinary book of his as well.)
    I've never read Heinlein. The closest I've come is listening to Iron Maiden.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

That's Huxley's Brave New World though.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking Stranger in a Strange Land and Number of the Beast were both inspired by Heinlein, but a few minutes of research disconfirmed that.

Country
    Country Flag

Have the winners of the lottery for The Auctioneer been contacted?

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking Stranger in a Strange Land and Number of the Beast were both inspired by Heinlein, but a few minutes of research disconfirmed that.
    Ah good one, i had not thought about specific songs to be honest. 😉

+ Reply to Thread
Page 486 of 644 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 488 496 536 586 ... LastLast