Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 482 of 645 FirstFirst ... 382 432 472 480 481 482 483 484 492 532 582 ... LastLast
Results 12,026 to 12,050 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I own a red and a black number. It would take an INSANE offer to move either of them... and I mean... INSANE. I’m very proud of them.
    How about

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I own a red and a black number. It would take an INSANE offer to move either of them... and I mean... INSANE. I’m very proud of them.
    Threads like these always frustrate me because the depressing reality is that very few of the books from other publishers that I own are worth anything. I didn't buy them as investments but as my tastes have changed and I've decided to create space and make money for what I want now, it takes more than a few books to get any substantial funds for better purchases.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Threads like these always frustrate me because the depressing reality is that very few of the books from other publishers that I own are worth anything. I didn't buy them as investments but as my tastes have changed and I've decided to create space and make money for what I want now, it takes more than a few books to get any substantial funds for better purchases.
    If you are collecting as an investment you're doing it wrong. Very, very, few books will show growth like this. Like a car off a lot, you'll lose your investment on most books, limited editions or otherwise. I collect the books I like and I have adjusted my buying to basically one producer of fine limited editions. I don't see myself selling off my collection while I am still breathing but I do hope, and it is a hope, that my family will get something for it when I'm gone, which is why I'm the only one who can put their grubby little fingers on my books because I want them to be as prestine as possible.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    If you are collecting as an investment you're doing it wrong. Very, very, few books will show growth like this. Like a car off a lot, you'll lose your investment on most books, limited editions or otherwise. I collect the books I like and I have adjusted my buying to basically one producer of fine limited editions. I don't see myself selling off my collection while I am still breathing but I do hope, and it is a hope, that my family will get something for it when I'm gone, which is why I'm the only one who can put their grubby little fingers on my books because I want them to be as prestine as possible.
    Oh I completely agree. I've never intended for my collection to be an investment. The problem is that my collection really never had a focus or any sort of game plan. And after being up for anything, I have a bit of everything, and some of those things just don't appeal to me as much any more. So I'm trying to move them off the shelves to people who should cherish them and make money for the books I'll cherish. Otherwise, there's no point. My previous post is just me whining about my past decisions.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How about

Well.... that would do it. Lol I’ll sell both for that even!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

*Originally Posted by*Joe315*

Originally Posted by*webstar1000*

How about

Sold. Take the whole shebang, bookcases included. I'll even deliver. And that comes with an UNOPENED Lettered Misery, so you get the entire orgasmic Suntup experience.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I completely agree. I've never intended for my collection to be an investment. The problem is that my collection really never had a focus or any sort of game plan. And after being up for anything, I have a bit of everything, and some of those things just don't appeal to me as much any more. So I'm trying to move them off the shelves to people who should cherish them and make money for the books I'll cherish. Otherwise, there's no point. My previous post is just me whining about my past decisions.
    Same here. I let the collecting bug get away from me for a bit and am trying to narrow my focus which includes selling, or at least trying to sell, those items that don’t appeal to me anymore.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Same boat! But I started probably 1-2 years ago with my transition away from "anything that looked appealing" to a much more focused collecting. Most of my first editions were not too bad because I got them cheap cheap cheap to begin with (talking about non-King firsts here). But small press books are a crap shoot. I've lucked out with a few titles gaining substantially (some Easton Press titles, actually!), and I always got extra Centipede Press titles, which have also done well, but trying to move things like Joe Hill (mostly books with multiple editions, where there's just one I want to keep), non-Lovecraft Arkham House books, and random SP, PS, CD, SST titles from non-major authors, has been a slog. Some folks on FB and eBay are mighty happy, though - taking them off my hands at a nice discount from list price

Whoever has the signature from Fight Club, it's perfect: “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm the same, Jeff. I don't collect as an investment, and I'm in the process of gradually offloading some prior purchases to free up space and focus my collection. Some books were a sure thing value wise, but most of the time it's a crapshoot - particularly if you buy on the secondary market. I've been selling some books at a profit; others at a loss. But that's just part of the deal when you collect as a hobby without much regard to future value - and that's okay so long as you're responsible about it.

Misery S/L is very much a happy accident for me. It sure isn't typical.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Same boat! But I started probably 1-2 years ago with my transition away from "anything that looked appealing" to a much more focused collecting. Most of my first editions were not too bad because I got them cheap cheap cheap to begin with (talking about non-King firsts here). But small press books are a crap shoot. I've lucked out with a few titles gaining substantially (some Easton Press titles, actually!), and I always got extra Centipede Press titles, which have also done well, but trying to move things like Joe Hill (mostly books with multiple editions, where there's just one I want to keep), non-Lovecraft Arkham House books, and random SP, PS, CD, SST titles from non-major authors, has been a slog. Some folks on FB and eBay are mighty happy, though - taking them off my hands at a nice discount from list price

Whoever has the signature from Fight Club, it's perfect: “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    All of this, exactly this.

(And that's my sig - because it's perfect, as you said).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received this beautiful slipcase made by Paul of 19th Edition for my red LTROI arc, you can really see that he had a lot of fun making this.

It's a tight fit but it fits and that's what matters, it looks amazing on the shelf and it will stay there safe and comfortable .

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Wow that looks absolutely amazing! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerPhan0826 View Post
    Wow that looks absolutely amazing! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yes, very nice!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I see some people are getting pretty cranky on the Fans of Suntup Group over others selling their numbered The Auctioneer with no rights

I think most people aren't doing it for the profit. I think they just want to hang onto their rights for a book that means more to them that they'll actually keep. Also, not everyone can afford to get every Suntup numbered edition every month. Some (like myself) have to pick and choose which ones to keep. The moment you give up your rights will be the moment a numbered is announced that you'd want to keep, but since you gave up rights you're SOL. Bumping the production up to 350 will definitely help though.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I see some people are getting pretty cranky on the Fans of Suntup Group over others selling their numbered The Auctioneer with no rights

I think most people aren't doing it for the profit. I think they just want to hang onto their rights for a book that means more to them that they'll actually keep. Also, not everyone can afford to get every Suntup numbered edition every month. Some (like myself) have to pick and choose which ones to keep. The moment you give up your rights will be the moment a numbered is announced that you'd want to keep, but since you gave up rights you're SOL. Bumping the production up to 350 will definitely help though.
    I have been on that thread... and only seen really one person say they are not a fan. lol 99% seem to support it totally... have you been back lately?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I personally don't understand what the big deal is and why folks become upset. Once you purchase anything, it's your property to do with as you see fit. If I'm able to get back on the train, I'll probably use this same model to stay on the train as I'm not a completist. It's all about what the book/s mean to me personally.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been on that thread... and only seen really one person say they are not a fan. lol 99% seem to support it totally... have you been back lately?
    Damn 1 percenters.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

How many are left of the numbered and do you guys think there will be another lottery for this one?

Country
    Country Flag

Those grumbles happen from time to time. Some folks are upset because they can't get on the numbered track and they're upset that the books go up in value so quickly but these are the prices the market will bear and if the prices were out of line, then the books would't sell. There really isn't a fairer system. My advice to you is to not take any of that personally and do what you need to do for your collection and finances. There's no one person out there who can sit as judge and decide who Truly Deserves to own any particular book. Or decide that a price is unfair. Like I said, if a price is out of line, the market will correct that seller.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    How many are left of the numbered and do you guys think there will be another lottery for this one?
    64 left. And yeah I think it'll get to a lottery. Might be more available than Neuromancer which only had 4 for the lottery. But I can't imagine there will be a ton available. I think without knowing what the next book will be, customers will take a buy and see approach. not a time to take chances. If people had a sense of what's waiting in the wings, they might feel better passing. But when they fill in that blank with no info to go off of, people tend to imagine something from their wish list.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    64 left. And yeah I think it'll get to a lottery. Might be more available than Neuromancer which only had 4 for the lottery. But I can't imagine there will be a ton available. I think without knowing what the next book will be, customers will take a buy and see approach. not a time to take chances. If people had a sense of what's waiting in the wings, they might feel better passing. But when they fill in that blank with no info to go off of, people tend to imagine something from their wish list.
    I just need to know if I need to set an alarm If it goes to lottery, I can sleep in

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

whoops, that's my fault. Yeah just seems to be one person upset in that facebook group. I should have clarified better than that.

I have seen others in the past get upset about it. When I had Neuromancer listed on facebook and ebay I got private messages with them being upset I wasn't selling with rights, but as you said in the facebook group, I see it as good thing where more people have a chance to get the book instead of every original buyer hanging onto them.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I don’t think anyone is saying that there’s anything “wrong“ with reselling a book after you’ve purchased it. But I can understand collectors’ frustration, when they are not on the Numbered track, and the only way they can get numbered editions is by paying secondary market prices. With the way that rights work, it’s effectively a closed market. Those who don’t have rights have no way of buying the books at list price, because the existing numberEd track people have a lock on all copies - Regardless of whether they actually want the books or not.

Remember how bent out of shape some people here got when the room 217 copies from subterranean press all went to Camelot books, who sold them at enormous mark-up? This is kind of the same situation, where you have demand for a product, but supply is locked into a set group of collectors, and there’s no opportunity to release any to anyone else.

I think it would be interesting if the additional copies being made available when the limitation increases to 350 came with no rights. That way, everyone would have the opportunity to buy the titles they wanted at list price. You would still have people reselling them immediately, of course - and I have no problem with that - but at least the collectors who wanted the book itself would have an opportunity to get it at list price.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am glad I deleted my post. I just know I would have gotten heat for it.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I am glad I deleted my post. I just know I would have gotten heat for it.
    i dunno if you should ever delete your post. Personally I welcome discussion on both sides of an issue. You never KNOW how many people might agree with you even if they are not saying anything. It is a discussion board.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

how do you access the feature on the Suntup website that tells you what number you own or helps in tracking down other numbers? I cant seem to find it.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 482 of 645 FirstFirst ... 382 432 472 480 481 482 483 484 492 532 582 ... LastLast