Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Whose death was the hardest on you?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jake Chambers

60 26.55%
  • Eddie Dean

78 34.51%
  • Oy

57 25.22%
  • Sheemi Ruiz

1 0.44%
  • Susan Delgado

20 8.85%
  • Gabriel Deschain

0 0%
  • Randall Flagg

6 2.65%
  • Father Callahan

4 1.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you cried during the quest? ***END OF SERIES Spoilers***

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

you are alone in the least WalterO'Dim. there are many threads you may enjoy about that very subject. it comes up a lot bc a lot of us feel that walter got cheated of a more fitting end.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...while others think he got exactly what he deserved and his death was predefined by his existence...
    ::giggles::

but, of course, as Jayson said, it's for those other threads...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah....I think there are about a dozen of them, unfortunately.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fortunately, you mean? I would especially recommend this and that.

Country
    Country Flag

I actually think there are way too many...all talking about basically the same thing. Some are more about self promotion rather than the character...that is unfortunate.

Country
    Country Flag

we're working on it...

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eddies and Jake's death were both hard for me. But I voted for Jake's as I thought his potential as a person and a gunslinger wasn't now going to be realized.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, Jake's death was only difficult for me because I felt for Roland. I surprisingly felt little regarding the fact that Jake was actually gone.

Maybe I was just wiped out after the emotional sob-fest that was Eddie's death.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

From Eddie's til Oy's...it was nonstop crying.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man I know. I think I had poufy eyes for days after. I've never cried more in a book or movie than I did in DT7.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Oy's was the hardest for me.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    You know, Jake's death was only difficult for me because I felt for Roland. I surprisingly felt little regarding the fact that Jake was actually gone.

Maybe I was just wiped out after the emotional sob-fest that was Eddie's death.
    i was exactly the opposite. eddie i was able to take though i was sad for susannah. with jake, i cried like a baby. seeing it coming did little to stop me from bawling.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Oy's was the hardest for me.
    right up there for me too. poor little brave guy!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know! Sweet little Oy.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

He had my vote

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I know! Sweet little Oy.
    and standing as he did against Mordred was prob the bravest of the deaths

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in a reading slump. I just can't seem to finish reading DT7. I think I realized that I'm not excited to go back because Eddie is about to die. Eddie the first of The Gunslingers new Ka-Tet. Eddie the first person to come through the door and save Roland's life. Eddie the quick talking junkie who became a gunslinger is about to die and I know it. *sigh*

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I'm in a reading slump. I just can't seem to finish reading DT7. I think I realized that I'm not excited to go back because Eddie is about to die. Eddie the first of The Gunslingers new Ka-Tet. Eddie the first person to come through the door and save Roland's life. Eddie the quick talking junkie who became a gunslinger is about to die and I know it. *sigh*
    You're strong. You can do it.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gunslinger Apprentice Samanthita is on a distinguished road

Jake, for me. I honestly didn't see it coming until right before it happened. I had to put down the book for a few minutes because I was crying that much, and I still had tears coming out all through the death and the burial. I hated it.

Reading DT7 the first time was the most emotionally traumetizing, yet utterly wonderful, mind-blowing, reading experience I've ever had and probably will have.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

As I was reading DT7 one of my friends called me and when I answered the phone I couldn't speak but cry. He was very worried because the way I cried (I couldn't stop it) he thought some serious tragedy had happened around me.

Roland would have understood.

i read dt-7 before my wife who was still reading dt-6 when i started it. she came home one day while i was reading about jake and she could see i was upset and had been crying. she then saw the book in my hand and knew not to ask why i was crying. when she read that part she knew. i've said it before, jake is my fav of all king characters and his death felt the most like losing somebody i knew.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

You did know him, R o G.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    i read dt-7 before my wife who was still reading dt-6 when i started it. she came home one day while i was reading about jake and she could see i was upset and had been crying. she then saw the book in my hand and knew not to ask why i was crying. when she read that part she knew. i've said it before, jake is my fav of all king characters and his death felt the most like losing somebody i knew.
    Great story buddy! I read the last book mostly in the bedroom, away from my wife. I'm not sure if I knew it would be a hard one for me or not but I knew I couldn't read it in the living room with her there. She doesn't know all the friends I've made in that series. I cried silently alone in the bedroom. I knew if she came upon me in that state it would have scared and worried her. It was one big hit after another...Eddie, Jake, then Oy.

I still get very emotional...though the last two times I "read" the books were in audio form. Getting choked up on my drive to work is not the greatest thing I've ever done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast