Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 332 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 8287

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I'm looking to buy a set like this and was curious if this was a good price. I've not been tapped into the market as well as I was in the past

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntup-Pres...oAAOSwfiNeTptf
    Definitely not - readwhiteandblue is known for overpricing books. He was a member here for like two weeks before he got nasty with other members and left.
    For those following along, I contacted readwhiteandblue and made an offer on the book set and I was met with this: (lol)

eBay
    New message from: readwhiteandblue Top Rated Seller(15,382YellowShooting Star)
    Nope and don’t come back
    Sure sounds like him. You’re probably banned from his eBay store now too.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    Offering a fine/fine copy of the ultra rare (1 of 20) 20th Century Ghosts limited hardcover. This is one of the F’Con copies containing the bonus material that was supposed to be included in the slipcased limited version only. They rarely show up on the secondary market.I’m offering my copy for $ 500.00 including worldwide, tracked, signed for shipment (Paypal F&F).
    Messaged you

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Offering a fine/fine copy of the ultra rare (1 of 20) 20th Century Ghosts limited hardcover. This is one of the F’Con copies containing the bonus material that was supposed to be included in the slipcased limited version only. They rarely show up on the secondary market.I’m offering my copy for $ 500.00 including worldwide, tracked, signed for shipment (Paypal F&F).
    Messaged you
    PMed you back
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking to buy a set like this and was curious if this was a good price. I've not been tapped into the market as well as I was in the past

Definitely not - readwhiteandblue is known for overpricing books. He was a member here for like two weeks before he got nasty with other members and left.
    For those following along, I contacted readwhiteandblue and made an offer on the book set and I was met with this: (lol)

eBay
    Nope and don’t come back
    Wow. Maybe be lurking and knows you're a member here.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have any insight on why first US printings of NOS4A2 go for so much more than his other books? Did it have a lower print run? Demand due to the show? The rest of his trade firsts are almost always available for under retail cost—even 20th Century Ghosts, which surely had to have had a smaller run—but I regularly see NOS4A2 sell for $75+. Sometimes $100+ unsigned. I've had my copy since it came out, so it's not something I'm worried about. Just curious.

The UK edition also seems much harder to find. Let alone in decent shape for a reasonable price. And that one I am worried about. Still haven't gotten my hands on a good copy.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    Does anyone have any insight on why first US printings of NOS4A2 go for so much more than his other books? Did it have a lower print run? Demand due to the show? The rest of his trade firsts are almost always available for under retail cost—even 20th Century Ghosts, which surely had to have had a smaller run—but I regularly see NOS4A2 sell for $75+. Sometimes $100+ unsigned. I've had my copy since it came out, so it's not something I'm worried about. Just curious.

The UK edition also seems much harder to find. Let alone in decent shape for a reasonable price. And that one I am worried about. Still haven't gotten my hands on a good copy.
    I'm not sure about the US copy. Maybe Marco will have some input. I agree that the UK copy is harder to find and it took me several tries to get a Fine copy.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

eBay
    Nope and don’t come back
    Sure sounds like him. You’re probably banned from his eBay store now too.
    I mean.. the shame is I would have certainly entertained a counter offer -- or just don't reply at all. Which leads me to believe he absolutely reads these. What a shame. With all going on in the world the energy it took for him to be nasty. Must be so exhausting.

Anyway - I'm still looking

Country
    Country Flag

David has two copies over at Betts.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I'm not sure about the US copy. Maybe Marco will have some input. I agree that the UK copy is harder to find and it took me several tries to get a Fine copy.
    Unfortunately I don't have the numbers of actual print runs to back the theory but I do believe you're right about lower print runs for the US and UK 1st printing copies.
    My 2 cents based on my own experience...
    I preordered a copy of the US hardcover edition well before the release date and received it early May 2013 only to find out I got a 3rd printing! It took me a couple of months to get my hands on a first printing copy from a specialty bookstore.
    Same with the UK edition. In May 2013 Joe did a UK tour to promote NOS4R2 and I went to both the Manchester signing and Liverpool reading + signing event. Bought some 1st printings for fellow boardies and myself in Manchester but all copies at Waterstones Liverpool were later printings.
    The UK export paperback was even more difficult to find and it actually took me a couple of years to get my hands on a 1st printing copy of this edition, shortly thereafter I obtained a 2nd copy. That one rarely pops up on the secondary market, strangely enough getting your hands on the UK ARC is easier.
    Maybe the TV series increased interest in the book just as the Netflix series increased interest in the Locke & Key comics and replica keys. On the other hand, the release of the Horns movie hasn't had much impact on the price of the book so who can tell....

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Those are just the S/L. Was shopping for the S/L and artist portfolio with matching #s. Was about to hit buy on those and remembered the portfolio! ha

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately I don't have the numbers of actual print runs to back the theory but I do believe you're right about lower print runs for the US and UK 1st printing copies.
    My 2 cents based on my own experience...
    I preordered a copy of the US hardcover edition well before the release date and received it early May 2013 only to find out I got a 3rd printing! It took me a couple of months to get my hands on a first printing copy from a specialty bookstore.
    Same with the UK edition. In May 2013 Joe did a UK tour to promote NOS4R2 and I went to both the Manchester signing and Liverpool reading + signing event. Bought some 1st printings for fellow boardies and myself in Manchester but all copies at Waterstones Liverpool were later printings.
    The UK export paperback was even more difficult to find and it actually took me a couple of years to get my hands on a 1st printing copy of this edition, shortly thereafter I obtained a 2nd copy. That one rarely pops up on the secondary market, strangely enough getting your hands on the UK ARC is easier.
    Maybe the TV series increased interest in the book just as the Netflix series increased interest in the Locke & Key comics and replica keys. On the other hand, the release of the Horns movie hasn't had much impact on the price of the book so who can tell....
    Thanks for the info! I guess it would make sense if Horns didn't sell as well that they would have cut back the print run for NOS4A2 and then increased it again for The Fireman if NOS4A2 sold better, but I have no idea if that was the case or not. It definitely seems weird though. If NOS4A2 was just slightly more expensive on average, it would be one thing, but it's a pretty drastic difference. I mean, you can often get copies of Gunpowder for cheaper.

I forgot about it earlier, but I've noticed the audiobook version of NOS4A2 is also much harder to come by and more expensive than the others.

Very strange.

Country
    Country Flag

Those are just the S/L. Was shopping for the S/L and artist portfolio with matching #s. Was about to hit buy on those and remembered the portfolio! ha
    Oops. Forgot about that too!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Any newbies need a 1st/1st copy of the UK edition of Strange Weather? I randomly found one in the wild last week.
    I've been trying to decide if I want to collect all the UK firsts—I think I will eventually and I don't have this one yet, so if you still have it, I'm interested!
    I do! Will send you a PM.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I do! Will send you a PM.
    Got it. Thanks!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have any idea what the Joe Hill Sub Press broadside "By The Silver Water of Lake Champlain" is going for these days? I only see one copy online at ABE for $220, which seems high.

I'm looking to sell mine and I want to list it at a fair price.

Thanks!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Anyone have any idea what the Joe Hill Sub Press broadside "By The Silver Water of Lake Champlain" is going for these days? I only see one copy online at ABE for $220, which seems high.

Thanks!
    Lettered or numbered?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    Lettered or numbered?
    I forgot there was a lettered version! I should have specified. I have a numbered edition

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I just recently started collecting Joe Hill so I'm late to the party on most of his limited editions. I just went on a spending spree at Camelot Books and bought a few of his limited editions:

SubPress Heart-Shaped Box Deluxe Limited Edition ($200)

Suntup Horns Gift Edition ($175)

IDW NOS4A2/Wraith Limited Edition ($275)

PS Publishing The Fireman ($100)

Looks like I got the last copy of NOS4A2/Wraith. It's the cheapest I could find anywhere. Kim and Tony from Camelot Books usually have pretty good prices on their books.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I just recently started collecting Joe Hill so I'm late to the party on most of his limited editions. I just went on a spending spree at Camelot Books and bought a few of his limited editions:

SubPress Heart-Shaped Box Deluxe Limited Edition ($250)

Looks like I got the last copy of NOS4A2/Wraith. It's the cheapest I could find anywhere. Kim and Tony from Camelot Books usually have pretty good prices on their books.
    A must have reference for any Hill fan:

Joe Hill Bibliography

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post

SubPress Heart-Shaped Box Deluxe Limited Edition ($250)

A must have reference for any Hill fan:

Joe Hill Bibliography
    Thanks for the shout-out buddy!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the shout-out buddy!
    Most welcome, brother!

Thanks!
    I just bought a lettered copy for $150

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    That's seems to be a good deal. I was thinking the numbered should be $100 - $120. I don't see them available often enough to know for sure.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Thanks!
    What letter? A lot of these were damaged during shipping and replacements were issued. If the original buyer didn't destroy the duplicate then this could be one of those cases.

Country
    Country Flag

Good to know! I've never seen a lettered for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    That's seems to be a good deal. I was thinking the numbered should be $100 - $120. I don't see them available often enough to know for sure.
    That seems reasonable but yeah, there just isn't much out there re: previous sales. I see so much of Hill's stuff around that it's a little surprising that there aren't more of these out there, even with the issues with damage.

FWIW mine ended up with a member here for list price + shipping, which I'm fine with as it's just too big for me to find the wall space for and I'm happy with a small stack of cash and one less poster tube in storage . It was a very ambitious packing job that involved a roll-within-a-roll and a fair amount of Amazing Tape but I'm pretty confident it will be fine once it's eventually opened up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 332 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 ... LastLast