Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1404

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So glad this site is what it is today....and not what it was then.

Bunch of god damn hippies....
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Eventually hippies grow old and buy Volvos.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ah the good old bad old days...

The kids of today dont know how good they have it now!!

Although i never attended, i still have some bits and bons from my palarvercom bag!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Plus i enjoyed those times, but the keeper we have now is a keeper!!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    As long as we are sharing stories.......

After Jerome took ownership of the site, Matt sort of disappeared for a while.

A year or two later, a member here let us know Matt had fallen on hard times, and I believe Jerome passed the hat around and raised a couple thousand dollars and gave it to Matt. In addition, Matt had a signed copy of The Gunslinger that had been gifted to him from the staff here, and needed to sell it. I bought it from Matt and told him I would hold it for a year, and if he wanted buy it back I would sell it to him for exactly what I had paid for it. Nine months later I contacted Matt to see how things were going and if he had planned to buy the book back, and he informed me that he would not be in a position to buy back the book....that things had gotten worse financially for him.....and that I should sell the book.

I ended up selling to book for a little more than I paid for it (to an international collector who I heard some interesting stories about later).

Thing is......inside the book was the receipt from King's attorney purchasing the domain name THEDARKTOWER.COM. I kept that receipt.
    I LOVE hearing these old stories. I wish you guys would keep writing them in this thread. I really love reading them. That receipt... cool as HELL RICK!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Skip the bouncing boobs...

You can't make me!
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post

I don't even know where to start about .net lol
    So I read the whole thread again (funny memories!) and I think this question was not answered yet. Who was HarleyQuinn19 and what did she do?
    That’s Erin. She and Blake (“BlakeMP” screenname mentioned in that post) met on TheDarkTower.net. They lived in different States. Eventually their relationship grew and now they are married and have a cute little son. I’m friends with them both on Facebook, as well as a lot of other former members from the .net and .com days that were not necessarily in the collectible books arena.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Patrick!

After reading all the thread again yesterday, I found out some connections with what happened to forums and groups in Spanish as well. The first group I entered was a YahooGroup (called "Kinghispano") in 2000 or 2001, and there were shitstorms every single day . Then groups started to die and I moved to a Spanish forum named Ka-Tet-Corp. All fine until 2010 when a major storm unleashed involving moderators and owners, I got tired and left. I still remain active in a couple of Spanish Facebook groups, have a good time there, but I realized I moved from the position I was 20 years ago. In 2010 the Spanish publisher gave me the management of their social channels that involved Stephen King, and then my book got published and well...doors opened for a lot of opportunities.

The only place I never left is this one More than 13 years in a row, and counting. And it's BY FAR the place I learnt the most.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post

I don't even know where to start about .net lol
    So I read the whole thread again (funny memories!) and I think this question was not answered yet. Who was HarleyQuinn19 and what did she do?
    That’s Erin. She and Blake (“BlakeMP” screenname mentioned in that post) met on TheDarkTower.net. They lived in different States. Eventually their relationship grew and now they are married and have a cute little son. I’m friends with them both on Facebook, as well as a lot of other former members from the .net and .com days that were not necessarily in the collectible books arena.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay so
    1 Ralph Mullins
    3 Paul Suntup
    10 Jerome

That’s all I got

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you guys remember The 19 Riders of the Apocalypse? The super exclusive club lmao. I remember little 16 year old me wanted so badly to be a part of them, the day I was 'knighted' and Moose (Bobby Garfiled on.Net) photoshopped a banner for me was like the proudest day of my life up until then

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Do you guys remember The 19 Riders of the Apocalypse? The super exclusive club lmao. I remember little 16 year old me wanted so badly to be a part of them, the day I was 'knighted' and Moose (Bobby Garfiled on.Net) photoshopped a banner for me was like the proudest day of my life up until then
    No pics, never happened.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as we are sharing stories.......

After Jerome took ownership of the site, Matt sort of disappeared for a while.

A year or two later, a member here let us know Matt had fallen on hard times, and I believe Jerome passed the hat around and raised a couple thousand dollars and gave it to Matt. In addition, Matt had a signed copy of The Gunslinger that had been gifted to him from the staff here, and needed to sell it. I bought it from Matt and told him I would hold it for a year, and if he wanted buy it back I would sell it to him for exactly what I had paid for it. Nine months later I contacted Matt to see how things were going and if he had planned to buy the book back, and he informed me that he would not be in a position to buy back the book....that things had gotten worse financially for him.....and that I should sell the book.

I ended up selling to book for a little more than I paid for it (to an international collector who I heard some interesting stories about later).

Thing is......inside the book was the receipt from King's attorney purchasing the domain name THEDARKTOWER.COM. I kept that receipt.

IIRC, King paid $10K for the domain name, not the content. I think that Matt and the other 3 owners bought the domain for $10K years previous.. So they broke even on the domain name.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Like this guy:

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Okay so
    1 Ralph Mullins
    3 Paul Suntup
    10 Jerome

That’s all I got
    I’m pretty sure 8 is kris (webstar).

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Extraordinary tales! Love 'em!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Like this guy:

That's Brice Beede. he is a cool guy.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

7 is biomieg :-)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

1 Room 217 Caretaker (Ralph)
    2 TheGunslinger41 (Gabriel)
    3 zelig (Paul)
    4 Jimimck (James)
    5 The Library Policeman (Alan)
    6 Sirfolio16 (Ray)
    7 biomieg (Michaël)
    8 webstar1000 (Kris)
    9 Ben Staad (Tim)
    10 Randall Flagg (Jerome)

Hippy. Brice

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

5. is Alan (LibraryPoliceman)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    3 zelig (Paul)
    4 Jimimck (James)
    6 Sirfolio16 (Ray)
    7 biomieg (Michaël)
    8 webstar1000 (Kris)
    9 Ben Staad (Tim)

Hippy. Brice
    Wrong thread?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    3 zelig (Paul)
    4 Jimimck (James)
    6 Sirfolio16 (Ray)
    7 biomieg (Michaël)
    8 webstar1000 (Kris)
    9 Ben Staad (Tim)

Hippy. Brice
    Wrong thread?
    What thread is that meant for? Kinda scary...

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    3 zelig (Paul)
    4 Jimimck (James)
    6 Sirfolio16 (Ray)
    7 biomieg (Michaël)
    8 webstar1000 (Kris)
    9 Ben Staad (Tim)

Hippy. Brice
    Wrong thread?
    I would assume this one.

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...83#post1200783
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    3 zelig (Paul)
    4 Jimimck (James)
    6 Sirfolio16 (Ray)
    7 biomieg (Michaël)
    8 webstar1000 (Kris)
    9 Ben Staad (Tim)

Hippy. Brice
    Wrong thread?
    Look up the page to the photos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast