Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 409 of 644 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 407 408 409 410 411 419 459 509 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,225 of 16086

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by willybusmc View Post
    So here’s a question. If it does turn out to be 1984 with a side of King, what price point would you expect?
    It’ll cost whatever. And That’s exactly what I’ll pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amen to that Jeff.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

So here’s a question. If it does turn out to be 1984 with a side of King, what price point would you expect?
    Seriously though, it depends on whether or not it’s letterpress. Or what materials are used. I can’t speculate on the value based on just those two variables. But I think it’ll be worth every penny.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll pay whatever too! 😁 1984 is a classic dystopian masterpiece and was Orwell's last novel, his swan song if you will.
    The Suntup treatment will do it justice, no doubt and will make it all worth it.

Plus on a side note; 1984 was a good year.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Seriously though, it depends on whether or not it’s letterpress. Or what materials are used. I can’t speculate on the value based on just those two variables. But I think it’ll be worth every penny.

Yeah, I'm really curious about the specifications of the book.

We shall see in a month!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post

I'll pay whatever too! 😁 1984 is a classic dystopian masterpiece and was Orwell's last novel, his swan song if you will.
    The Suntup treatment will do it justice, no doubt and will make it all worth it.

Plus on a side note; 1984 was a good year.
    The year of the Purple Rain....

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let's get the party started!

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Amazed

If the Suntup edition of 1984 is anything like the Van Halen album 1984 I will be over the moon!!
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HorrorfanTom View Post
    If the Suntup edition of 1984 is anything like the Van Halen album 1984 I will be over the moon!!
    Might as well jump

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

I hear the lettered edition may or may not contain locks of David Lee Roth's hair!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    I hear the lettered edition may or may not contain locks of David Lee Roth's hair!
    As long as it’s not locks of Sammy Hagar’s hair, we’re good to go!

John F. Kennedy Caliban will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I don't see any real connection between King and 1984. If it were Lord of the Flies, then maybe but not Orwell. Hill seems most likely due to availability but that would detract from the book in my opinion. McCarthy would be my choice if limited to authors already published by SP. Someone like Margaret Atwood or Haruki Murakami would be perfect for 1984, though.
    +1

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I know what I said before, but I am just curious. Seriously. I would love McCarthy to sign this book as well. But considering what his signed The Road books that are hard to get for, plus I don't know what other books he has signed (has he signed other S\L)?, I don't see why it it's a slam dunk for him either. I am just wondering what's the though behind McCarthy having more of chance then King that's all. And what would be the connection to 1984 and McCarthy. This is a serious question. But like I said before, I am buying the book, not the signature.
    Thanks for any replies.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't see any real connection between King and 1984. If it were Lord of the Flies, then maybe but not Orwell. Hill seems most likely due to availability but that would detract from the book in my opinion. McCarthy would be my choice if limited to authors already published by SP. Someone like Margaret Atwood or Haruki Murakami would be perfect for 1984, though.
    Though Murakami isn't possible for next month's title, I would LOVE to see one of his novels get the Suntup treatment!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Though Murakami isn't possible for next month's title, I would LOVE to see one of his novels get the Suntup treatment!
    Just because I'm curious - why isn't Murakami available?

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    Wow can’t believe I actually got a copy. My first Suntup numbered. So excited and even more so for next months!
    Congratulations and welcome to the club! We don’t have T Shirts, but we do have a kick ass mug.
    At this point, I’d say we’re more of a cult than a club.

Aye, we need a candlelit, black hooded robe wearing gathering in your backyard Jeff where we all observe the grand master unboxing the latest mystery from Suntup
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Wow can’t believe I actually got a copy. My first Suntup numbered. So excited and even more so for next months!
    Congratulations and welcome to the club! We don’t have T Shirts, but we do have a kick ass mug.

Aye, we need a candlelit, black hooded robe wearing gathering in your backyard Jeff where we all observe the grand master unboxing the latest mystery from Suntup
    We’ll need to get a copy of The Sacred Texts available as Roman numeral edition I/I. Bound in demon skin, printed with ink from Cthulhu’s ink sacs. My favorite thing about that book is that it contains Stephen King’s 19 pseudonyms. Each signed by King.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We’ll need to get a copy of The Sacred Texts available as Roman numeral edition I/I. Bound in demon skin, printed with ink from Cthulhu’s ink sacs. My favorite thing about that book is that it contains Stephen King’s 19 pseudonyms. Each signed by King.

That would be a thing to behold for sure! Go for it Jeff, if you build it they will come.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Hunt is ON!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I’m skeptical that the next book will be signed by King, even if it is Nineteen Eighty-Four. King doesn’t seem to want to sign his own books much anymore, much less anyone else’s. So while I’d love if it were true, I suspect we might be hoping for too much.

As for price, I expect the numbered edition will be between $275 and $725

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I’m skeptical that the next book will be signed by King, even if it is Nineteen Eighty-Four. King doesn’t seem to want to sign his own books much anymore, much less anyone else’s. So while I’d love if it were true, I suspect we might be hoping for too much.

As for price, I expect the numbered edition will be between $275 and $725

HBJ
    Way to go out on a limb there, Peter with the pricing
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m fine with whomever signs it, even one of the various Bibliomysteries authors. If given my personal choice, I’d prefer McCarthy - even over King - but I’ll be happy with any of them.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Dolan;1197983][QUOTE=Splync;1197979]
    The author writing the introduction is someone that has been previously published by Suntup.

However, I still hope that we might see a Suntup edition of a Murakami novel in the future!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

[QUOTE=Splync;1198092][QUOTE=Dolan;1197983]
    The author writing the introduction is someone that has been previously published by Suntup.

However, I still hope that we might see a Suntup edition of a Murakami novel in the future!
    Ah! I missed that. And yes - would LOVE a beautiful deluxe edition of a Murakami novel.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Ah! I missed that. And yes - would LOVE a beautiful deluxe edition of a Murakami novel.
    Paul has confirmed that they are currently working on three 1000 page novels. Though it is just under 1000 pages, I really hope that one of them is 1Q84!

Gunslinger Apprentice GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amazed

Neuromancer by William Gibson would be a worthy addition to the Suntup line up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 409 of 644 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 407 408 409 410 411 419 459 509 ... LastLast