Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 645 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 451 501 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Offering $5000 for Red Dragon letter. Anyone?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Great news for IAL "5/7/20: We have been informed that our bookbinder will be opening up again on May 18th, at which point production on the Numbered Book and Lettered Enclosure will resume." It looks like binding needs to be done on the numbered and case making on the lettered.
    Plus some of the others are moving along nicely as well. Awesome to see this.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Great news for IAL "5/7/20: We have been informed that our bookbinder will be opening up again on May 18th, at which point production on the Numbered Book and Lettered Enclosure will resume." It looks like binding needs to be done on the numbered and case making on the lettered.
    Plus some of the others are moving along nicely as well. Awesome to see this.
    Awesome news! Any specific date mentioned yet for AIL AE shipping yet? Excited

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

No dates for anything yet. But things are moving, which is great.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought you'd like to see this little book we're working on. The book block weighs in at 4.5" thick, mainly due to the heavier cotton paper being used on the Lettered edition. This is one of three 1000+ page books that are in the pipeline. So this edition will be split into two volumes. For comparison, you can see it here beside the Lettered Horns.

Spoiler:

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

That looks MASSIVE! Are both the numbered and lettered editions being split into two volumes? Or strictly the lettered because of the cotton paper?

Also, is the use of cotton paper thematic with the nature of the novel? ;-)

Also, can we get a close-up of the cotton paper's texture? Possibly on the title page?
    In search of: #127 of Suntup's Misery, Hill House, Horns, Rosemary's Baby (willing to trade lower number for Horns and Rosemary's Baby)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

WOW! That's a behemoth!!!! One of those 1000 pagers is The Stand, right??? RIGHT?

Imajica
    The Stand
    Infinite Jest

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    WOW! That's a behemoth!!!! One of those 1000 pagers is The Stand, right??? RIGHT?

Imajica
    The Stand
    Infinite Jest
    ALSO, I am fully aware that me clamoring for The Stand will piss some folks off. So I'm sorta ready for it. Please don't hit the face.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Imajica
    The Stand
    Infinite Jest
    ALSO, I am fully aware that me clamoring for The Stand will piss some folks off. So I'm sorta ready for it. Please don't hit the face.
    Anyone else think the cotton paper behemoth could be Gone With the Wind?
    In search of: #127 of Suntup's Misery, Hill House, Horns, Rosemary's Baby (willing to trade lower number for Horns and Rosemary's Baby)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Imajica
    The Stand
    Infinite Jest
    Drop the stand bro! Never happen. And do we want another? Really? Isn’t there enough? Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that's a book. Can't wait to see what it is!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

The only edition I would want of the Stand is the 1979 edition, but that will never happen.

My Mood
    Cool

Man O man. A dual volume book. So that image is basically the one book that will be split into two volumes. Not two volumes of that thickness. That being the lettered version, with that certain paper, I doubt the numbered will be two volumes. A 1000+ page book can be done in one volume. But I am very excited to see this one when it's done.
    P.S And you have three 1,000 page books in the pipeline? Impressive.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    The only edition I would want of the Stand is the 1979 edition, but that will never happen.
    Have you read both? I’ve never read the old one. Which is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Of course the Uncut version is better. Doubleday MADE King cut the first version. King was not pleased.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Imajica
    The Stand
    Infinite Jest
    Of course it is The Stand, we should never let facts get in the way of desire.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have read both and I prefer the Uncut.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Imajica
    The Stand
    Infinite Jest
    Drop the stand bro! Never happen. And do we want another? Really? Isn’t there enough? Lol
    Knew it! Ok so I take it back. I take it half back. What about a brand new edition that combines Night Shift and The Stand called Night Stand?

All right I got that out of my system.

Country
    Country Flag

Imajica
    The Stand
    Infinite Jest
    Knew it! Ok so I take it back. I take it half back. What about a brand new edition that combines Night Shift and The Stand called Night Stand?

All right I got that out of my system.
    That works if it is a collection of long (1,000 + page) stories.
    — Roland Deschain

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    That looks MASSIVE! Are both the numbered and lettered editions being split into two volumes? Or strictly the lettered because of the cotton paper?

Also, is the use of cotton paper thematic with the nature of the novel? ;-)

Also, can we get a close-up of the cotton paper's texture? Possibly on the title page?
    It's only the Lettered that will be 2 volumes. The paper is not thematic to the novel, it's just a nice premium paper. It's actually the same paper we used on the Numbered Misery. No more pics though, sorry!

WRONG! And it's not Gone with the Wind either.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Just the original. There hasn’t been a limited of the original which is why I’d want to see it done.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite King books are Eyes of the Dragon, IT, and The Stand (the order of my favoritism changes depending on my mood and which I've re-read the most recently) and even if there were 100 other limited editions of The Stand I would still want to see a Suntup version! And I'd be fine with either text, the original or Uncut. Or a DRE version of the Uncut would be neat, as it would probably increase the retail price enormously to use original first editions.

I do understand why people would want other books, of course. To some extent, with the smaller (though increasing) output that Paul has chosen to maintain, the choice to do a certain book may mean not doing a different book. And I think there are lots and lots of authors that are worthy of having a Suntup Edition limited, and lots of books that have never seen a limited edition and deserve to. To be honest, I feel that to some extent about the HG Wells books. I do think it's neat to have a nice, matching series of books from a very deserving author, and I think the Wells books are also generally very important books in the American canon, and specifically to the emergence of science fiction as a genre. But I will admit that my first thought was: "Three (then four) books by the same author? Let's give some other authors a shot!" Are the beautiful? Yes. Am I going to buy them all? Also yes. So I get that people might have the same feeling about The Stand: "Another limited edition of a book that already has a nice limited edition? Let's give some other books a shot!" But there are folks that are over the moon about the HG Wells books and I'd be over it too for a Suntup version of The Stand

On a different note: right now I am most excited about Red Dragon. What is everyone else looking forward to the most?

I Am Legend, War of the Worlds, Invisible Man, Red Dragon, Fahrenheit 451, or The Lottery?

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RED DRAGON!

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I thought you'd like to see this little book we're working on. The book block weighs in at 4.5" thick, mainly due to the heavier cotton paper being used on the Lettered edition. This is one of three 1000+ page books that are in the pipeline. So this edition will be split into two volumes. For comparison, you can see it here beside the Lettered Horns.

Spoiler:

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    The Complete Works of William Shakespeare!
    Horns 2: Hornier!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 645 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 399 400 401 402 403 411 451 501 ... LastLast