Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 644 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 430 480 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Torn between really really wantingto see some pics, and really really wanting the full suntup opening experience.

Congrats.
    That's why I am holding off. Part of the experience is opening the box and seeing the actual book. That's why I am waiting and not posting actual pics... yet .

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congrats, Mike. Mine will show up sometime today.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine should arrive on Wednesday.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Congrats, Mike. Mine will show up sometime today.

HBJ
    Thanks Peter
    That's awesome that you will get yours today also. I have a sneaky suspicion that you will like it.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Just like I told Peter, Brian, I think you will like this one.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I love all of the productions, just not a fan of all of the stories. I'll be selling this one once it arrives.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Paul, ever try the ultimate recluse? A Suntup Edition of Gravity's Rainbow would be insanity!!

My Mood
    Cool

I love all of the productions, just not a fan of all of the stories. I'll be selling this one once it arrives.
    Got you. So far, like you, I have loved all the productions. I need more.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Paul, ever try the ultimate recluse? A Suntup Edition of Gravity's Rainbow would be insanity!!
    I have definitely considered it yes.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I have definitely considered it yes.
    SWEET!

My Mood
    Cool

I read the Wikipedia page on that book. Sounds interesting. And I noticed that it was well over 700 pages. Still waiting on that 1,000+ book. If I remember correctly, Paul said he had
    a book in the works that was that long.

I read the Wikipedia page on that book. Sounds interesting. And I noticed that it was well over 700 pages. Still waiting on that 1,000+ book. If I remember correctly, Paul said he had
    a book in the works that was that long.
    GR is one of the craziest books you'll read. I love Pynchon!
    A Suntup Naked Lunch could be great as well....

My Mood
    Cool

Maybe Naked Lunch might be a better read then the movie because the movie messed me up for a bit.
    I am still holding out for at least one Vonnegut book. Maybe more than one.

Maybe Naked Lunch might be a better read then the movie because the movie messed me up for a bit.
    I am still holding out for at least one Vonnegut book. Maybe more than one.
    The movie is NOTHING like the book. I like Vonnegut too.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read the Wikipedia page on that book. Sounds interesting. And I noticed that it was well over 700 pages...
    GR is one of the craziest books you'll read. I love Pynchon!
    Ditto! Would love to see a Pynchon work get the Suntup treatment!

My favorite novel of his is The Crying of Lot 49, which is on my all-time-greats list.

Gravity's Rainbow, though, is also excellent, and has two of the best individual scenes of all time: the opening scene, the first 8 paragraphs or so, just before you are introduced to Pirate - it's just pure poetry, absolutely beautiful. And one of the funniest scenes I have ever read in any book - the English candy drill, where Mrs. Quoad is feeding Slothrop a long parade of just horrible-sounding candies - Pynchon's descriptions of both the candies and of Slothrop's experience eating them are just golden.

Pynchon is very high on my list of authors whose works haven't gotten the limited edition treatments they deserve! McCarthy was another one, which has thankfully been remedied, and also high on the list is Margaret Atwood. There are lots of others, of course, but those are some biggies.

EDIT: Vonnegut, yes! Definitely he's on that list too!

My Mood
    Cool

I have only read Hocus Pocus and loved it. I know his others are classics. That's why I would like at least one to be done.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Just unboxed my Time Machine. What a wonderfully elegant edition this is! I wasn’t a fan of the art I saw on the product page but seeing it up close, in the book, I love it—completely fits the feel of the work.

Another grand slam, Paul. Now I’m even more eager to get the other Wells books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Cool

Yea Jeff. This is a book you really have to hold in your hands to appreciate all aspects of it.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Time Machine is a really lovely book. Very elegant, and I love the illustrations.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Just unboxed my Time Machine. What a wonderfully elegant edition this is! I wasn’t a fan of the art I saw on the product page but seeing it up close, in the book, I love it—completely fits the feel of the work.

I'm trapped in the apartment...where's the unboxing video???

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post

Soon. But it’s a really bizarre video.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope you pronounce Tremblay again.

Country
    Country Flag

I hope you pronounce Tremblay again.
    I had to check to see if I uploaded it already. Holy shit. Spoiler alert.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just opened The Time Machine and love it. As others have stated, it’s a perfect presentation and the artwork complements the story very nicely. I love the chapter headings, and I’m a sucker for that letterpress....

I just finished reading The Invisible Man and can’t wait to see the set completed!

... the Suntup mug I received today is pretty cool as well.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 644 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 430 480 ... LastLast