Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 192 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Set of Green Mile proofs is the auction, with a letter from the publisher. Very rare to have all 6.
    And I agree that David has been a great caretaker for Betts. He has helped me beyond what I could say here. I hope to continue my slow trip with him.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    I was very sad to hear that Stu was closing after so many years. My very first signed book came from there, and I visited there on my first honeymoon, with Stu opening specially for me.

Now I know that the new owner is someone of the highest integrity, I've no concerns about the future of Betts (will the name remain?). Matey, I couldn't be more pleased for you. You have the right mix of honesty and insanity to make this work.

In another thread Sir_Boome suggests you update the mailing list. My suggestion is to re-design the website. You don't want anything too fancy (I think that would detract from its main job) but it's a little too sprawling at the moment.

All the luck in the world to you my friend.

Ceri

And 10 years later.....

Congratulations and thank you for being a fantastic caretaker David.

I bought my first ever signed limited from Calla-Wolf and think he pointed me to Betts as a place to shop. It was a bucket list to visit Betts on my 40th and buy something sweet, but it didn’t happen for various reasons.

But over the last few years I have had the privilege to buy the stand sl, Pet Sematary inscribed to David, and skeleton crew amongst a couple of other smaller items.

Thank you and looking forward to your help in completing my king bucket list over the coming years.
    most welcome! I LOVE this job!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will have some sort of 10-year sale...don't know what yet but SOMETHING!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I will have some sort of 10-year sale...don't know what yet but SOMETHING!
    Remarques and Whelans from your collection? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

eventually (not for a few years anyway) I will sell most everything in my personal collection...only my daughter has any interest in the biz

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

eventually (not for a few years anyway) I will sell most everything in my personal collection...only my daughter has any interest in the biz
    Interesting you say that. I will too. I have no intention of dying with it. I wanna see someone happy to get something they been after forever that’s hard to get. And then make some memories by using the money for family, travel or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Man, I can only imagine what those personal collection sales will be like. Oh, and I forgot. Happy 10th year David. It will be interesting to watch what ever sale you may have.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

Just ordered my first book from Betts.
    Thanks!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Betts sale is on!!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Verdansky View Post
    Thanks!
    which one are you? Want to make sure not to mess it up!

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Verdansky View Post
    Thanks!
    which one are you? Want to make sure not to mess it up!
    I ordered "Thinner" from you and received it Thursday. It's a flawless copy.
    Thanks again!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

David is one of the best to deal with.

I wouldn’t have half of the S/Ls I do if it weren’t for him

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just sold a sort of a large item on E-Bay, and I used a box I've had for a number of years, and I noticed it was from Betts Books. Written on the side in pencil was "Secc of Dreams Vol 2 Lett C" That's not what I got in the box from Dave, but I can't remember what it was.

Moral of the story - recycle!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    This has nothing to do with anything, but I just sold a sort of a large item on E-Bay, and I used a box I've had for a number of years, and I noticed it was from Betts Books. Written on the side in pencil was "Secc of Dreams Vol 2 Lett C" That's not what I got in the box from Dave, but I can't remember what it was.

Moral of the story - recycle!
    I re-used every single packing peanut, bubble wrap and box I get. I agree!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Yep, me too. My wife used to get exasperated with me for having so many empty boxes with packing peanuts in them lying around, but she understood when I sold off a chunk of my collection to a bunch of people.

I have bought U-LINE boxes to ship books in, but always try to reuse boxes if they are still sturdy enough.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

RECYCLE! Think of how many orders I ship and fact that I now have owned Betts 10 years...I've NEVER had to buy packing peanuts in 10 years and I use them in almost every shipment.

Boxes I buy from ULINE but recycle ones I get if they are useable.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

RE: Recycle (Some of you may remember this story):

A few years ago I got a call from our local Post Master to let me know I had a box to pickup (they hold all my boxes and I pickup personally). I took possession of the box but very confused because I recognized the shipper name but knew I hadn't purchased anything from this person in a while. Upon arriving at home, I opened the box to find out it's not a book I ordered (but my address and name is on the label even though the label looked old and a little beat up). Since I knew the person who shipped the box, I contacted them. Come to find out, another label was on top of this label and somehow it got removed or tore from the box leaving an old label with my name and address. After contacting the person who shipped it, I repacked the book, created a label, and sent the book to it's rightful owner.

Moral of the story, when you recycle, leave an old label on just in case....hahahahahahahaha.

Station break over, back to normal thread discussion.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

A few years ago I got a call from our local Post Master to let me know I had a box to pickup (they hold all my boxes and I pickup personally). I took possession of the box but very confused because I recognized the shipper name but knew I hadn't purchased anything from this person in a while. Upon arriving at home, I opened the box to find out it's not a book I ordered (but my address and name is on the label even though the label looked old and a little beat up). Since I knew the person who shipped the box, I contacted them. Come to find out, another label was on top of this label and somehow it got removed or tore from the box leaving an old label with my name and address. After contacting the person who shipped it, I repacked the book, created a label, and sent the book to it's rightful owner.

Moral of the story, when you recycle, leave an old label on just in case....hahahahahahahaha.

Mulleins
    Moral of the story part two: Mr. Mulleins can be trusted!

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
    Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins

I try to remove all labels and if they are stuck, absolutely mark them so they cannot be confused.
    Otherwise, I dont think that I bought any box in about 10+ years. I've a cupboard of about 2 square meters filled with shipping stuff waiting to be used
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am listing some new items today (very soon) on my Betts Books page.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Was in MA all day today...picked up about $50,000 worth of items...Need to agree on prices with seller...He still has that much or more that he needs to inventory for me.

Suffice to say...A LOT of good items should be coming soon!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

and he keeps his items pristine...condition of items I took is phenomenal

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Was in MA all day today...picked up about $50,000 worth of items...Need to agree on prices with seller...He still has that much or more that he needs to inventory for me.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

and he keeps his items pristine...condition of items I took is phenomenal
    I hereby reserve any fine first edition copies of The Stand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 192 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast