Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
Just finished this. I really enjoyed it. Besides the references posted here there were also a couple to insomnia. One of the kids thinks about the Seuss story The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins and the epithet "Exalted and Revered" is used. I kinda wish he leaned into the Insomnia/DT connections and talked about the Purpose / The Random more directly I think it could have fit well
This is my biggest regret. I loved the book, and it doesn't necessarily have to be connected to anything, but it would of been nice. Especially since it could work with so many things, DT, Carrie, Firestarter, Dead Zone, The Shining. The list goes on!

Also really weird complaint, but what was the point of replicating the children's rooms in the institute? Especially since they could care less about their feelings, and the fact that they head to back half in less than a month? It's a cool idea, I just found it weird with how "temporary" everything is
Well, of course you're right about them not catering to their feelings, but regardless I suppose it's still better to havethem as docile and complacent as possible rather than having to wrangle them every time they wanted them to do something. You know, kinda like first the carrot then the stick? That was my take anyway.