Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 605 of 714 FirstFirst ... 105 505 555 595 603 604 605 606 607 615 655 705 ... LastLast
Results 15,101 to 15,125 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, no accounting for taste, right?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Hey, no accounting for taste, right?
    ?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Suicide Motor Club was pretty satisfying. I finished the book in two days. It's pretty Koontzian in style but without dogs and "quirky" dialogue. He disposes of people with ease only matched by King.

I'm reading select stories from The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke. That's one big book.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading Old Man's War by John Scalzi after seeing it recommended somewhere here. Enjoying it so far.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Word of radiance by Brandon Sanderson

This is the second book of "The stormlight archive " series (first book was "the way of kings"

Excellent so far!!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here read books from Jeffery Deaver, Tess Gerritsen and Mo Hayder? My wife and I really like them but I don't think I've ever seen anyone here mention them. Just curious.

And does anyone have a clue what happened to Cody McFadyen, by the way? He wrote some awesome serial killer books and then competely vanished even though there was supposed to be another book in the series (last time I checked his website hadn't been updated since 2011).

Also, anyone here ever read books by Daniel Hecht? Great 'gothic neuropsychological noir' books.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Word of radiance by Brandon Sanderson

This is the second book of "The stormlight archive " series (first book was "the way of kings"

Excellent so far!!!
    How long are they taking you? I just opened up The Way of Kings and realized it was 1000+ pages and put it back on the shelf for another day lol.

With my trip to Colorado next week I figure there is no better time to start The Shining!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Does anyone here read books from Jeffery Deaver, Tess Gerritsen and Mo Hayder? My wife and I really like them but I don't think I've ever seen anyone here mention them. Just curious.

And does anyone have a clue what happened to Cody McFadyen, by the way? He wrote some awesome serial killer books and then competely vanished even though there was supposed to be another book in the series (last time I checked his website hadn't been updated since 2011).

Also, anyone here ever read books by Daniel Hecht? Great 'gothic neuropsychological noir' books.
    Apparently McFadyen was sick for a while but his next book is to be released in September, at least that what Amazon says.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I did not know that!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading: Revival (by youknowwho)

mixed feelings
    like, enjoying it immensely in spite of everything

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I should check out some of his other books. Are there one or two in particular that you recommend?

I haven't read everything but check out The Third Bear, which contains the amazing novella The Situation and his earlier collection City of Saints and Madmen. Very surreal stuff and beautifully written.
    I will never read another book of his again. I am sorry but he is horrible.... it is the first time in my life I completely gave up on reading a book... ever.
    haven't been here for ages, and am exceptionally glad to recognize the old forum spirit

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm 850 pages into IT. Going to read the end while hanging out around the filming site next week. Will be freaky to look up and see Pennywise.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Currently reading: Revival (by youknowwho)

mixed feelings
    like, enjoying it immensely in spite of everything
    How goes my book? Still anxiously awaiting the opinion of bears! Ib think you'd really like the novella I'm writing right now.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Paul Tremblay - Disappearance at Devil's Rock
    Benjamin Kane Etheridge - This House...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    How is this one?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I am rereading The Passage and The Twelve. I found myself unable to jump straight into City of Mirrors after a hiatus of what, three years? The Passage still holds up pretty well so far!

After Cronin I will need to get back into Simmons and McCammon.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I am rereading The Passage and The Twelve. I found myself unable to jump straight into City of Mirrors after a hiatus of what, three years? The Passage still holds up pretty well so far!

After Cronin I will need to get back into Simmons and McCammon.
    Just finished the Passage myself. It was a pretty good read for sure. Also good idea on Simmons and McCammon(two of my favorites)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    How goes my book? Still anxiously awaiting the opinion of bears! Ib think you'd really like the novella I'm writing right now.
    had to lay it aside for awhile, there were a clupla moments in the middle when it started touching me deeper than what I was ready for. Now doing mainly popular genre fiction, the lighter the better. Will get back to yours as soon as am strong enough. What I did read was superb, every word I said to you before is true. I love love love the writing, and it's not something bears often say. Want the novella too!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

How is this one?
    Pretty good but I'm only 35 or so pages in.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

How is this one?
    Pretty good but I'm only 35 or so pages in.
    I've only read A Headful of Ghosts, but since then I've been wanting to check out some of his other books. This one sounded really interesting. Let me know what you think when you're done.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope both bears and Heathers try The Third Bear:

https://tachyonpublications.com/product/the-third-bear/
    Compared by critics to Borges, Nabokov, and Kafka, contemporary fantasist Jeff VanderMeer (The Southern Reach Trilogy) continues to amaze with this surreal, innovative, and absurdist gathering of award-winning short fiction. Exotic beasts and improbable travelers roam restlessly through these darkly diverting and finely honed tales.

In “The Situation,” a beleaguered office worker creates a child-swallowing manta-ray to be used for educational purposes (once described as Dilbert meets Gormenghast). In “Three Days in a Border Town,” a sharpshooter seeks the truth about her husband in an elusive floating city beyond a far-future horizon; “Errata” follows an oddly familiar writer who has marshaled a penguin, a shaman, and two pearl-handled pistols with which to plot the end of the world. Also included are two stories original to this collection, including “The Quickening,” in which a lonely child is torn between familial obligation and loyalty to a maligned talking rabbit.

Chimerical and hypnotic, VanderMeer leads readers through the postmodern into a new literature of the imagination.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Bought this while in America last year:

Finally picked it up again. Such an absorbing read. I love 70s rock music, punk in particular, and this book covers so much of that period from so many sides.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I hope both bears and Heathers try The Third Bear:

https://tachyonpublications.com/product/the-third-bear/
    Compared by critics to Borges, Nabokov, and Kafka
    I too hope we will!! You kidding? they say - compared to three writers I adore every word of?... OMG, now got to find it.
    The word "postmodern" kinda put me off a bit... but - "through the postmodern, into a new literature of the imagination" should probably mean that he left the postmodern behind somewheres along the way

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    had to lay it aside for awhile, there were a clupla moments in the middle when it started touching me deeper than what I was ready for. Now doing mainly popular genre fiction, the lighter the better. Will get back to yours as soon as am strong enough. What I did read was superb, every word I said to you before is true. I love love love the writing, and it's not something bears often say. Want the novella too!!!!!!!!!
    It's definitely not a pleasant read, that's for sure. I was sure happy to get away from such morose, miserable characters for awhile! lol

Country
    Country Flag

I paused my reading as soon as I started realizing that their misery evokes way too much in bears' soul. By the way, I am not sure it's a good thing for a piece of literature. Not sure it's a bad thing, either, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 605 of 714 FirstFirst ... 105 505 555 595 603 604 605 606 607 615 655 705 ... LastLast