Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: TGLR - SEASON ONE - EPISODES 19, 20, 21

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGLR - SEASON ONE - EPISODES 19, 20, 21

Episode #19 - "Deus Ex Machina"
    Locke discovers that he is losing sensation in his legs. Locke and Boone find a Beechcraft 18 teetering on the edge of a cliff. Boone climbs up and, using the radio, sends out a distress call, "We are the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815", to which a man responds "We're the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815." The plane falls and Locke carries a critically injured Boone back to the camp. Locke arrives at the caves with Boone and lies about how Boone got hurt. Locke disappears into the jungle. As he pounds on the hatch and screaming in anguish, the inside of the hatch suddenly becomes illuminated. In flashbacks, Locke meets his parents and his father cons him out of a kidney.

Episode #20 - "Do No Harm"
    Boone reveals to Jack that he and Locke have discovered the hatch, and Locke has told him not to tell anybody else. Despite Jack's extensive attempts to save him, Boone dies. Shannon & Sayid have a candlelit dinner. Claire goes into labor and gives birth to a boy. Shannon is devastated over Boone's death. Flashbacks show Jack's wedding to Sarah, a former patient whom he had "fixed" after she was injured in a car accident.

Episode #21 - "The Greater Good"
    Locke arrives at Boone's funeral and is attacked by Jack. Locke asks for Shannon's forgiveness, to no avail; instead, Shannon steals the key to the gun case from a sleeping Jack, and confronts Locke in the jungle. Sayid tackles Shannon just as she fires the gun and the bullet grazes Locke's head. Sayid later tells Locke to take him to the hatch. In flashbacks, Sayid becomes an informant for the Australian Secret Intelligence Service and the CIA, which has asked him to infiltrate a terrorist cell of which his old friend Essam is a member. Sayid agrees to do it in return for Nadia's whereabouts and he betrays Essam, who kills himself.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love me some Locke-centric episodes.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I love me some Locke-centric episodes.
    Me too, feev. No surprise that, like ep 4, Deus Ex Machina is one of my favourite eps of this season. Whereas the drama of Locke's last main episode was heightened by the shock factor of the wheelchair reveal (not that i'm saying that it didn't have a great story and drama all on its own, just that it was something that was clearly only the tip of the tragedy that was Locke's past), here we find out a lot more about his character and about the way he is. Over the season, we've had hints that Locke had problems with his father, but when you find out just how much of an evil bastard he was, it's a real heartbreaking moment seeing Locke break down when he finds out. Terry O'Quinn really shines in this, brilliantly portraying the usually awesome and mysterious Locke at his most vulnerable. Definitely one of the best actors in the entire series (with the other best actor not coming along until next season), and definitely a fantastic episode. 10/10

Do No Harm
    Someone once told me that the reason you fall in love with someone may very well be the same reason you fall out of love with them, too. I think this episode really showcases that. I don't think it's a classic, flashback wise at least, but it's a great one that gives you a good idea of why Jack's marriage failed before it even began. The moment his fiance described him as "the most commited man" she had ever known gives a clear sign of what will eventually lead to the divorce. Even Christian telling Jack he doesn't have what it takes to let go comes as no surprise. It's not one that sticks out, but i do like how it set things up for later flashbacks and gave clear signs on why Jack was divorced at the beginning of the season.
    Really though, this episode will be remembered for it's story on the island. This is one that really helps to move things forward, with the death of Boone, the birth of Aaron, and that memorable, beautiful ending all occuring within the same episode.
    Spoiler:
    I also like how its Kate who delivers Claire's baby, something that can only really be appreciated on the re-watch, given the events of later seasons.

8/10

The Greater Good
    Let me tell you my favourite shot of this episode, and indeed it just might be one of my favourite shots of the entire series: it's at Boone's funeral, and Locke has just appeared and admitted it was his fault. That wide shot showing Jack and everyone else on one side and Locke on his own on the other...I fucking loved that moment. I just felt that needed mentioning before going on about the rest of the ep.
    Because, compared to the last two eps, and indeed Sayid's previous flashback...well, it's interesting to learn more of Sayid's past, and the difficult choices he's had to make, but apart from that, there's nothing really to recommend about this episode. I suppose it's necessary to deal with the aftermath of Boone's death before moving onto the really important stuff in the final 3 episodes of the season, but it still felt a little like padding to me. Jack told Sayid about how he heard about the hatch from Boone, and it's not until the final line that anything is really done about that.

Still, fucking awesome shot near the beginning, though! 6/10
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I had completely forgotten about that shot that you mentioned, but yet it is fucking awesome isn't it ? LOST is full of subtle moments like that, where a strategically placed camera angle speaks more about the events and the characters than the characters themselves ever could.