Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most Annoying Person Of 2009

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it me, Woofer?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Well, in some people's opinion the world is flat, but this doesn't make it so. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 = 10 (years, apples whatever). 10 is the number of years in a decade. The first year went from the first day of the year to the last day. That was year "1". So the tenth year of the first decade EVER ends when year 10 is over. Notice the zero on the end. Therefore, decades always end with a "0" in the last year. 2001 - 2010 is a decade. This is simple mathematics. That is why Clarke and Kubrick called their little movie 2001 instead of 2000. Not trying to be a smart ass, just showing my reasoning.
    (please don't add me to the annoying people list now!
    When a child is 0+ years old, it's the first year of his life, not the "zeroth".

When a year goes 1572, it's the sixteenth century, not the fifteenth.

Everything that starts is already the first, and when the first is completed, it becomes the second.

When you have taken a bottle and drunk a glass, you're at your first bottle, Bottle One, although the bottle is not finished yet.

The first ten - of everything - start with zero+, immediately becoming first; everything that is between zero and one is first. Whatever is between one and two is second. If you are now fourteen something years old, it makes you living your fifteenth year on earth, not sixteenth, just like your little nephew who is sixth months old lives his first year, not zeroth.

Thus, the first decade of everything starts with zero and goes like this, I hope this is graphic enough:

0 to 1 - first
    1 to 2 - second
    2 to 3 - third
    3 to 4 - fourth
    4 to 5 - fifth
    5 to 6 - sixth
    6 to 7 - seventh
    7 to 8 - eighth
    8 to 9 - ninth
    9 to 10 - tenth, and the last of this decade. Everything that starts with 10 will belong to the next. If you disagree with this, you must admit for some mysterious zero years, zero decades and the children who are zero years old.

Likewise, the 1990s were the last decade of the 20th century, not the 2000s - which were, of course, the first decade of the 21st.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice pinkymcfatfat is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Jon Gosslin...such a money grubbing douche. I fully understand now why he has such an extensive 'Ed Hardy' wardrobe.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Is it me, Woofer?
    It's a loud-mouthed, ignorant, uneducated, bigoted, hateful, and "devoted Christian" coworker.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, in some people's opinion the world is flat, but this doesn't make it so. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 = 10 (years, apples whatever). 10 is the number of years in a decade. The first year went from the first day of the year to the last day. That was year "1". So the tenth year of the first decade EVER ends when year 10 is over. Notice the zero on the end. Therefore, decades always end with a "0" in the last year. 2001 - 2010 is a decade. This is simple mathematics. That is why Clarke and Kubrick called their little movie 2001 instead of 2000. Not trying to be a smart ass, just showing my reasoning.
    (please don't add me to the annoying people list now!
    The problem is as jean points out that there are inconsistencies when comparing your idea of a decade to other sets we use. Technically however we are all right because a decade can represent ANY ten year span. For example if someone died in 1967 we can properly say they did _______ during their last decade and anyone would know that what was done occured between 1957 and 1967, as opposed to from 1960-1967.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Is it me, Woofer?
    It's a loud-mouthed, ignorant, uneducated, bigoted, hateful, and "devoted Christian" coworker.
    Oh, it still could have been me up until that last bit.

If you rescue me

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So Brice, are you doing some pre-planning here to become the most irritating person of 2010?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I'm just sulking over not getting the title for this year.

If you rescue me

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Sarah Palin...nuf said?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean
    0 to 1 - first (including 0.1, 0.2... 0.99999)
    1 to 2 - second
    2 to 3 - third
    3 to 4 - fourth
    4 to 5 - fifth
    5 to 6 - sixth
    6 to 7 - seventh
    7 to 8 - eighth
    8 to 9 - ninth
    9 to 10 - tenth, and the last of this decade
    Everything you said agrees with what I said. Therefore, 2010 is the last year of the current decade, not 2009.
    Not if you look at the chart again, giving it more attention; in fact, quite the opposite. I realize now that I should have drawn it a bit later and in more detail, here you go:

"to" everywhere means that the lower limit is, and the upper limit is not included (in some notations it would be represented as [...[), since the same member can't belong to both sets; I give some rough idea in the round brackets:

0 to 1 - first (0.1, 0.2, 0.3........................ 0.99999999999999999)
    1 to 2 - second
    2 to 3 - third
    3 to 4 - fourth
    4 to 5 - fifth
    5 to 6 - sixth (5.1, 5.2, 5.3........ 5.999999999999)
    6 to 7 - seventh
    7 to 8 - eighth
    8 to 9 - ninth
    9 to 10 - tenth, and the last of this decade (9.1, 9.2, 9.3............. 9.9999999999999)
    10 to 11 - eleventh, and the first of the next decade (10.1, 10.2, 10.3............. 10.999999)
    11 to 12 - twelvth
    etc

Thus, everything that is 10+, belongs to the next decade, and so does every day of the year 10. The way you see it, you have either to have a zeroth position, or eleven positions in a decade.

Sorry again, I thought it was self-evident; apparently it wasn't.

Now I hope I made it as clear as possible. Sorry people, we seem to have taken more of this thread than we had intended or than this obvious subject deserves. If someone wishes to go on with this, please start a thread of its own, or, better still, do so in All That and A Bag Of Chips

Thank you.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hello Jean!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    Those Kardashian people... I just keep hearing the name "Kardashian" and I hate them without knowing why.

Probably because they were the bad guys on Deep Space 9?

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think y'all should start another thread.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Twilight fans. I don't mind the people in the movies as much (they're so much fun to ridicule) but the fans are just sad.
    QFT
    What does that mean?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quoted For Truth - I guess I should bump feev's acronym thread.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do that, please.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I figured out the "quoted for" part but the T was a mystery.

I just posted this in D&B, but I'm terrible with anagrams and abbreviations. They don't stick.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Those Kardashian people... I just keep hearing the name "Kardashian" and I hate them without knowing why.

Probably because they were the bad guys on Deep Space 9?
    That was Kardasians...lol....just joking with ya

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Gunslinger Apprentice klio is on a distinguished road klio's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

no hard feelings.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Seconded, because every time I read something about "you don't start counting with 0" I want to bang my head on the wall.

Gunslinger Apprentice lowdown is on a distinguished road lowdown's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

all politicians....both parties suck ass........

Paul Giamatti .....as every year

I'm nonviolent with those who are nonviolent with me. But when you drop that violence on me, then you've made me go INSANE, and I'm not responsible for what I do

Malcolm X

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The fucking pile of money that one can save by switching to Geico.

It is making me question humanity as a whole. A close second is the fake "Freecreditreport dot com band!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Seconded, because every time I read something about "you don't start counting with 0" I want to bang my head on the wall.
    the lady after the bear's own heart...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2