+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

saw this in 3D a couple of weeks ago. LOVED it. so English vs Indians. so Greeks vs the Romans. It just shows that history alway repeats itself... unfortunately. It is such a beautiful movie. You don't know where the cgi begins and where it ends. highly recommended even if you can predict the entire move.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gunslinger Apprentice ArtherEld is on a distinguished road ArtherEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In case you thought the movie ended rather abruptly, here's what the Navi did when the humans left:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8"]YouTube- Daft Punk - One More Time[/ame]

Traveler Kate is on a distinguished road Kate's Avatar

I really loved it. I was completely in awe the entire movie because of the cgi. This is definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a while

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Avatar 2 & 3 (2014-15)

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...vatar-sequels/

It’s official: James Cameron is going back to Pandora not just for his next film, but also for his next two. Mr. Cameron, the filmmaker behind the 3-D blockbuster “Avatar,” joined 20th Century Fox in announcing that he would make “Avatar 2” and “Avatar 3” as his next two movies, with the first of the sequels scheduled for release in December 2014, and the second for December of the following year. That assures a lot of fantasy-filled Decembers, as Peter Jackson has already scheduled a pair of “Hobbit” films for Warner Brothers and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in that month in the years 2012 and 2013. “Avatar” was released on Dec. 18 of last year and became the highest-grossing film in history, with almost $2.8 billion in worldwide ticket sales. Mr. Cameron and the top Fox film executives, Jim Gianopulos and Tom Rothman, jointly said they aimed to begin production next year on the first sequel. The film is not yet officially titled, they said.
    http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/10/...-next-for-him/

More very big news today to report on. An official press release from Fox and Lightstorm (via Deadline) has announced/confirmed that James Cameron has agreed to make Avatar 2 and 3 as his next films. He was apparently considering directing that Cleopatra movie with Angelina Jolie at Sony, but Deadline says "Fox made a 'huge' donation to his environmental green fund, and in return he committed to making the Avatar sequel… That also caused him to withdraw from Sony Pictures' Cleopatra." Fox is targeting December 2014 and 2015 release dates for the two back-to-back sequels, but hasn't set anything in stone. Ready to go back?

Here's James Cameron's rather beefy official statement that touches on improving the story in these sequels:

"It is a rare and remarkable opportunity when a filmmaker gets to build a fantasy world, and watch it grow, with the resources and partnership of a global media company. AVATAR was conceived as an epic work of fantasy – a world that audiences could visit, across all media platforms, and this moment marks the launch of the next phase of that world. With two new films on the drawing boards, my company and I are embarking on an epic journey with our partners at Twentieth Century Fox. Our goal is to meet and exceed the global audience's expectations for the richness of AVATAR's visual world and the power of the storytelling. In the second and third films, which will be self contained stories that also fulfill a greater story arc, we will not back off the throttle of AVATAR’s visual and emotional horsepower, and will continue to explore its themes and characters, which touched the hearts of audiences in all cultures around the world. I'm looking forward to returning to Pandora, a world where our imaginations can run wild."
    Cameron, who had always viewed Avatar as the creation of a new world and mythology, will begin work on the scripts early next year with an eye towards commencing production later in 2011. Cameron will decide if he will shoot the films back-to-back after he completes the script, despite Fox setting 2014 and 2015 release dates (which would mean he has to shoot them back-to-back if they keep those dates). "With the first movie, Jim only scratched the surface of the stories he wants to tell and the creatures and world he wants to create. Now we will continue his vision," producer Jon Landau said. We can also certainly assume that most of the original cast, including Sam Worthington as Jake Sully and Zoe Saldana as Neytiri, will be returning.

In updates earlier this year, Cameron revealed that Avatar 2 will be going into the oceans of Pandora, and eventually expanding to other moons in the solar system. "Part of my focus in the second film is in creating a different environment – a different setting within Pandora. And I'm going to be focusing on the ocean on Pandora, which will be equally rich and diverse and crazy and imaginative, but it just won't be a rain forest," he said. "We expand out across [the Alpha Centauri AB] system and incorporate more into the story – not necessarily in the second film, but more toward a third film." I watched Avatar again at its 3D re-release in the summer and you know what, I'm excited for a sequel, I have faith in James Cameron, I say bring it on!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I disliked the first one and honestly cannot believe it's the highest-grossing movie of all time, nor can I see the purpose of making 2 more, other than Cameron hoping to suck the cash cow for all it's worth.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh no!! its the end of the world.

Ricky..... i disagree, there i have said it! it doesn't happen very often

I enjoyed the first one tremendously, however, saying that i think it was the orginality with the 3D depth that i really liked and it may be on a re-watch its not as good. I am unsure about a second and third installment as i think they would just rehash the same story? i may be wrong

I would go and see them though just out of curiosty

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's okay, candy. We'll always have Saw.

I think you're on to something there as well. Avatar was meant to be an "experience." Because I didn't see it in the theater OR in 3D, I think that took alot away from it. If that's the case, I feel like Cameron spent too much time on FX and 3D, making it the focal point of the film instead of the film itself.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm the only person that hasn't seen avatar. In truth, originally I was put off because the first time I heard there was an Avatar movie coming out I thought it was going to be The Last Airbender... so I was disappointed. When The Last Airbender did come out I was also disappointed, there were some great actors in it, like the guy that played Zukko, and some great scenes, but the movie wasn't long enough to hold the story and Katara and sokka sucked.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the first film, seeing it in 3D is one of the best theater experiences I've ever had. Not sure if I'll catch the next two in theaters, but I'll definitely watch them at one point or another.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    I disliked the first one and honestly cannot believe it's the highest-grossing movie of all time, nor can I see the purpose of making 2 more, other than Cameron hoping to suck the cash cow for all it's worth.
    I thought I was the only person alive who felt this way.
    Well, I must admit I cannot say I disliked the movie because I did like there were some really touching parts in it BUT I definitely don't get the fuss about it. It's not even close to become an important film to me.
    It was nice it was good but not a legend at all. (But I respect other people's feelings and opinions I just don't get the hype.)

Roland would have understood.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    I liked the first film, seeing it in 3D is one of the best theater experiences I've ever had. Not sure if I'll catch the next two in theaters, but I'll definitely watch them at one point or another.
    This.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe one day I'll watch Avatar. Or never watch it and go in the guiness book for the only living person to have not seen it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    This.
    Thirded. I definitely will go to see at least the 2nd one, certainly in IMAX 3D.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a great time with Avatar. Saw it four times in the theatre and can't wait for the special -blu-ray - edition.
    I don't know if I'd call it an important film, but so what. To me, it was highly entertaining - a great movie-watching experience. Like the Lord of the Rings films were.
    Can't wait for more.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I had a great time with Avatar. Saw it four times in the theatre and can't wait for the special -blu-ray - edition.
    I don't know if I'd call it an important film, but so what. To me, it was highly entertaining - a great movie-watching experience. Like the Lord of the Rings films were.
    Can't wait for more.

sk
    I agree with you except I would call it an important film.I thought Avatar was amazing and I was bummed when they didn't re-release it in theatres in my area.This is a movie that I am actually excited about sequals.Hell yeah I want to go back to Pandora.
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So is everyone excited like I am for four new Avatar movies? There is also a new Cirque du Soleil show I'm eager to check out.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I may be the only person in the world who wasn't grabbed by this movie. I've tried to watch it on multiple occasions with the family and have never made it through the whole thing. Hope the sequels are great successes.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    So is everyone excited like I am for four new Avatar movies? There is also a new Cirque du Soleil show I'm eager to check out.

I got to see Toruk in Allentown last fall. It was amazing. Definitely worth seeing.

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Avatar was pretty good but I liked it more when it was three separate movies... Dances with Wolves, Aliens, and Ferngully.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

lol

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ates-confirmed
    Since the first Avatar arrived in 2009, James Cameron has been hard at work on a follow-up which has grown from one sequel to two to three and now four movies, whose release dates have been in flux and delayed with frequency. Now, 20th Century Fox and Lightstorm Entertainment have announced the release dates for all four of the films via the official Avatar Facebook page along with a photo of James Cameron and his cast and crew!

“Great to be working with the best team in the business! Avatar takes flight as we begin concurrent production on four sequels. The journey continues December 18, 2020, December 17, 2021, December 20, 2024 and December 19, 2025!”

Cameron previously spoke about the undertaking of making all four sequels at the same time in an interview with The Star when it was revealed Avatar 2 wouldn’t arrive in 2018, saying:

“What people have to understand is that this is a cadence of releases. So we’re not making Avatar 2. We’re making Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5. It’s an epic undertaking. It’s not unlike building the Three Gorges dam. (Laughs) So I know where I’m going to be for the next eight years of my life. It’s not an unreasonable time frame if you think about it. It took us four-and-a-half years to make one movie and now we’re making four. We’re full tilt boogie right now. This is my day job and pretty soon we’ll be 24-7. We’re pretty well designed on all our creatures and sets. It’s pretty exciting stuff. I wish I could share with the world. But we have to preserve a certain amount of showmanship and we’re going to draw that curtain when the time is right.”

Confirmed to feature the return of cast members Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang and Sigourney Weaver, the Avatar sequels will be produced by Cameron and Jon Landau through their Lightstorm Entertainment. The sequels are written by Cameron along with Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, Josh Friedman, and Shane Salerno, which Cameron will direct.

Country
    Country Flag

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    That was just awesome.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/d...el-1203207661/
    Moviegoers will have to wait a little longer to return to Pandora.

James Cameron’s long-awaited and oft-delayed follow-up to “Avatar” has been pushed back another year. “Avatar 2” will hit theaters on Dec. 17, 2021 instead of Dec. 18, 2020 as originally planned. Its move means that “Avatar 3” will open on Dec. 22, 2023 as opposed to Dec. 17, 2021 while “Avatar 4” will bow on Dec. 19, 2025 instead of Dec. 20, 2024 and “Avatar 5” will launch Dec. 17, 2027. The news comes as part of a larger shift in release dates unveiled by Walt Disney Studios. The company is changing the debuts of various films it inherited after buying the bulk of 21st Century Fox’s film and television assets in a $71.3 billion mega-merger.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast