Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Domestic chores and responsibilities - Who does what?

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    If the house isnt clean by friday night.....I will still spend saturday drinking.

Hahaha...well that might suck as much as having the hubbs compulsively cleaningand then bitching he never gets to relax on his day off--unless we were drinking together, of course.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah..I don't mean that ALL men are like that. I'm just saying that in my experience with male roommates, they are usually more apt to relax in a dirty house.

I wasn't trying to be sexist in my post.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wife works earns more than I do, and she works more than I do: longer hours and every weekday; so it's natural that I do everything about the house. I don't let her do anything unless it's something she actually wants, like sometimes cooking something interesting. I wouldn't dream, not even in a nightmare, to think about any "fair" sharing of the duties (in accordance, for example, with who works how much and how tired they get at work and how much home preparation the work requires), it wouldn't somehow seem decent. We both do what we really can, and it pleases both of us.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Jean, you are a true gentleman. Err I mean... gentlebear?

With housework, my number one goal is to avoid confrontations about who does what. My parents were always screaming at each other about stuff like that, so I'd rather be a little overloaded (or have the house messy) than nag about it. Both me and my boyfriend have unpredictable work loads (no children either, just a bunny), so we can get away with letting everything go until we have company over.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, cleaning up after a bunny can be quite the chore. For several years after my mother's rabbit dies we kept finding little rabbit droppings all over the house in places we thought she couldn't go. Behind furniture, inside closets, under beds, under dressers (one that actually touched the floor, how she got under that one I'll never know), and other various and sundry places. Oh, and she loved chewing any and all electrical cords she could find whether they were plugged in or not. I kept expecting to come home one day to find a little white spot in the carpet with the edges black and smoking.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Well, cleaning up after a bunny can be quite the chore. For several years after my mother's rabbit dies we kept finding little rabbit droppings all over the house in places we thought she couldn't go. Behind furniture, inside closets, under beds, under dressers (one that actually touched the floor, how she got under that one I'll never know), and other various and sundry places. Oh, and she loved chewing any and all electrical cords she could find whether they were plugged in or not. I kept expecting to come home one day to find a little white spot in the carpet with the edges black and smoking.
    Hoo yes. All of that is very familiar, mystery poops included. We just bought miles more cable wrap for everything, but she still finds things to chew and sneak behind!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My father ran a pvc through the floor to put the satellite cables through. It stood four feet tall, and he also attached another pipe to the wall on a diagonal and ran the power cables from the outlets to the tv stand. Rabbit proofing the rest of the house was a little more extensive. Fortunately this was before they got the computer.

No rabbits now.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I wasn't trying to be sexist in my post.

You weren't trying; but you sure managed!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Haha! My bad.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

*another revived thread because I think this topic is interesting*

My husband and I are really good about sharing chores and household duties. I cook dinners throughout the weekdays (because I get off work much earlier than him) and he cooks on weekends. I always do the dishes and he always mows the yard. For big outdoor projects like planting flowers, mulching, ect... we do it together. We fold laundry together (it goes so much faster that way). We're both pretty neat, so throughout the week, we both pick up after ourselves. Every other Sunday, we do a big house clean (cleaning toilets, showers, vacuuming rugs, mopping hardwood floors, dusting, etc...) together. With both of us working, it takes about 2 hours to do.

The only thing I do by myself is take care of the animals. I clean the cat litter boxes and do all the routine animal care stuff. I know Jason would help me if I asked, but they were my pets before we got together, so I don't expect him to do this stuff.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Generally, I eat the pussy and she sucks the big ole D...

Moderator's comment: this was spoiler-tagged for explicit content. Virus, my blue-eyed son, next time when under influence, PLEASE restrict your activities to the Everybody Must Get Stoner thread.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4