Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Domestic chores and responsibilities - Who does what?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

okay i've angered folk. i didn't mean to be sexist or anything. i just think that men are much more willing to live like scruffy bastards. i'm quite happy to go to bed knowing that the sink is full of dirty plates. Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?

upon reflection... mabey this is why i am, once again, single.
    "God pisses down your neck everyday, but only drowns you once.*

"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves. " - Roland Deschain

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it took me getting married to stop living like a slob. haha
    Sloth Love Chunk

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha, I should clarify, I didn't quit smoking in order to afford the cleaning lady, or get the cleaning lady as a direct reward for quitting smoking--just that cost of living is pretty low here & it's incredibly affordable now that the high, high cost of smoking is out of our lives!

Granted, I have this funny feeling that if I relapse & start smoking again, I won't be giving up that 3 hrs a week she comes in and takes care of business for me!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

The cost of quitting smoking is not measured financially, at least not directly. And it is usually erroneously considered to be a cost saving decision. However, it is a measure of the cost of medical attention that those around you require, less the cost of cigarettes. Usually its cheaper to smoke.
    Sloth Love Chunk

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

With that child on the way, please keep the cost of smoking out of your life. I know too many children who have been greatly affected by their parents continued smoking. The cost of smoking is far greater than just the money is costs to buy the cigarettes.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice <ô> bango skank <ô> is on a distinguished road <ô> bango skank <ô>'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i'd love to quit smoking... will never happen. i tried before and said i'd only smoke spliffs. i was stoned off my face for a week. and spent alot more cash.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    The cost of quitting smoking is not measured financially, at least not directly. And it is usually erroneously considered to be a cost saving decision. However, it is a measure of the cost of medical attention that those around you require, less the cost of cigarettes. Usually its cheaper to smoke.
    ???
    Either please tell me you're being sarcastic, or please explain your statement. It sounds like you're saying it's cheaper to smoke because it will makes those around you sick.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, no I am saying that it is cheaper to smoke, because if I quit, I will have to pay the doctor bills of the people that piss me off.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

that is the most insane thing i ever heard. you still have to pay, either way.

Country
    Country Flag

Gotcha and understand it completely. I quit while I was working at a prison, so I could work off any stress I had by picking a fight.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude, its a joke.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

no... NHS is a joke.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Actually, no I am saying that it is cheaper to smoke, because if I quit, I will have to pay the doctor bills of the people that piss me off.

This is me after about 2 hrs or so without a smoke.

Spoiler:
    Well, all except the joking part.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    And, pick up after himself.
    Okay...now...just so you all don't think that its all Mrs. Coz's fault...I do have trouble with this one.

But I'm getting better...
    Haha. Well, admitting to it is the first step. I just hate to clean a room and then get up the next day and find my husband's used cereal bowl on the table, or any other crap he may have pulled out during the night. Biggest pet peeve: when he takes his socks off and leaves them all balled up in the floor. I mean, I do the laundry, and the last thing I want to do is put my hand in a dirty sock to 'unball' it to put it in the washer. I don't want to touch my own dirty socks.

Quote Originally Posted by <ô> bango skank <ô> View Post
    okay i've angered folk. i didn't mean to be sexist or anything. i just think that men are much more willing to live like scruffy bastards. i'm quite happy to go to bed knowing that the sink is full of dirty plates. Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?

upon reflection... mabey this is why i am, once again, single.
    I don't think that's being sexist. From what I've seen, men are usually more comfortable sitting in a dirty house, than women are. (Of course, it depends on the person too.) When I still worked, I'd come home and immediately start cleaning. My husband would say things like: "Just relax for a while. Do it later." But, for me..I can't relax in a dirty house. I'm just to ocd about it, I think.

Country
    Country Flag

I wish my wife were the "typical" woman. Before she moved in, the house was pretty clean. I mean, you couldn't eat off the floor, but you could see things like the chairs, the tables, the couch, the floor. Now, not so much. I've never seen anyone so messy. She just sets stuff down whereever she can reach at that moment and forgets about it. And then asks me where the Visa bill is.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I do these household chores. I also work on the car, do "Man's" work around the home but... wifey is always a BIG force in working on the car and home improvement. I have the knowledge but my shaky hands prevent me from doing the actual work on the car and home improvement. So I educate wifey on how to do such things, all the little tricks, and she does them while I hold the flashlight.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Sam--I really don't think its necessary to lecture me on smoking while pregnant when I've already stated I'm not smoking, nor is this thread about smoking, nor is my health decisions while pregnant any one else's business, unless I should choose to share. [ /off-topic]

Country
    Country Flag

Ves, my intent was not to lecture you, and I am very sorry it looked that way. You are correct that it's no one's business unless you decide to share.

Again, I'm sorry it seemed I was lecturing.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think that's being sexist. From what I've seen, men are usually more comfortable sitting in a dirty house, than women are. (Of course, it depends on the person too.) When I still worked, I'd come home and immediately start cleaning. My husband would say things like: "Just relax for a while. Do it later." But, for me..I can't relax in a dirty house. I'm just to ocd about it, I think.
    You haven't lived with ALL men. I find that my mindset is much like yours in that I too, can't relax in a dirty house. Wifey, however is quite the accomplished slob.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

You haven't lived with ALL men. I find that my mindset is much like yours in that I too, can't relax in a dirty house. Wifey, however is quite the accomplished slob.
    But Jon, she's talking about straight men.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I would like to invite all you OCD cleaning people over to my apartment to help me dust off my collectibles!

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr.Ves is like this, too. If I don't have everything done by Friday night, he will spend Saturday doing it--and that really sucks.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

If the house isnt clean by friday night.....I will still spend saturday drinking.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

get over here and clean my house, mister!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast