Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Fundraiser--General Discussion-Q&A

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2010 Fundraiser--General Discussion-Q&A

It is getting close to that time again and I wanted to let everyone know a few things about this coming year and open the floor to suggestions (like I do every year).

First off, the fundraiser is going to be a bit different and more exciting this year. We have a few new ideas that should make it more smooth and efficient while maintaining our traditional and classic style.

One thing for sure, members will be charged full rate on shipping for items. I would like to personally have a chance at some of the auctions and it has become so large that full shipping charges have become a bit of a necessity for my family.

I have already had several really amazing items donated this year which is why the fundraiser in on my mind. We already have a wonderful start and you guys will not believe the items we are going to be able to line up this year.

This will be the fundraisers 3rd year and every cycle it gains credibility in the world of Stephen King. I now have members of that world on every level contacting me in advance to be a part of it and there is nothing I do all year (besides seeing my grand baby) that fills me with more joy and anticipation.

So please post suggestions here. Some of the greatest pieces of the process have come from this sites community and I rely on that information to make the fund raiser the best it can be.

As always, the fundraiser will begin on Jan 1st, 2010 and run through May 19th (our site anniversary) of the same year.

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant! I'll have a think on it, but I'm really looking forward to this!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Awesome, Matt !!

I love when we start talking about the fundraiser!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be happy to contribute some King collectibles again this year from my own collection as well as help out with prizes from Michael Whelan and Jae Lee, possibly Richard Isanove too.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to this as always.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I will be happy to contribute some King collectibles again this year from my own collection as well as help out with prizes from Michael Whelan and Jae Lee, possibly Richard Isanove too.
    Thanks David, your help is something this fund raiser couldn't do without.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

well done for all the past years matt, and hope this year exceeds expectations, anything i can do let me know matt

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So...are we trying to double again?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I will also like to contribute to the next prize. You can count on it, Matt.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have some bits & baubles to send your way too, Matt. Nothing spectacular but I'll try and get it out in the next week or so.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks you guys, that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    So...are we trying to double again?
    I have not decided on the goal yet Brice but we are going higher for sure.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm extremely new here so a bit lost on this.

From what I can understand so far is you have a auction every year to benefit the Haven Foundation. I assume there will be more info on it as we get closer to the start of the year. Correct?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You can count on me again, Matt!

And ChristineB, welcome to the forum! Our annual fundraiser is an amazing thing - auctions, trivia, and lots of other things! The hightlight at the end is the drawing (you get points for winning or doing stuff along the way). Click on this link to check out all the stuff from our last one!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    I'm extremely new here so a bit lost on this.

From what I can understand so far is you have a auction every year to benefit the Haven Foundation. I assume there will be more info on it as we get closer to the start of the year. Correct?
    Hi ChristineB! Yes, we do a fundraiser every year for the Haven Foundation. Part of the fundraiser involves auctions, which we hold right here on our dtbay.

We also have an enormous giveaway in May that coincides with our site anniversary - last year's prize was the DT omnibus signed by King, Jae Lee, Richard Isanove, Robin Furth, Peter David, etc.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

John F. Kennedy Beambounder is on a distinguished road Beambounder's Avatar

Default The Haven Foundation

Hi, Matt ,I go by Beambounder .My name is Ronald Sippel. I may have a desirable duplicate numbered edition of Talisman/Blackhouse signed by Peter Straub only. I am also willing to donate fine art paintings which have created over the years inspired by Sai King's writings. Oddly enough I am a freelance illustrator;I need to apply for such a grant and I am willing to donate to it as well. Please e mail me info at rongailsip1@yahoo.com. I am on disability but I am a published illustrator with a hunger to keep going.Keep up the Great Work,I can hear the GENUINE ENTHUSIASM in your written voice.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Beambounder, we can sure use all the help we can get. I will totally get in contact with you.

I'm excited about it this year, very fun and rewarding thing to do.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link gsvec, very helpful!

This is very exciting. I can't wait for it to start again.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for getting so involved Christine, I really appreciate it.

I wanted to let everyone know that I just received an amazing box donated by Juliana, this thing is really going to start off with a bang in 2010

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2010 Fundraiser--General Discussion and Explanation

I always like to do a quick write up on why the site does the fund raiser every year and what we have been able to accomplish so far.

This site raises money for the Haven Foundation which is a charity organization that Stephen King set up to support freelance artists in times of trouble. While most of us know their work, it is hard to understand that these artists live job to job and rarely have medical or life insurance.

TheDarkTower.com took up the cause 2 years ago and has raised almost $10,000 since then for Haven. This is has been accomplished through two amazing fund raisers that included all kinds of auctions, games and prizes.

2010 is going to be a whole new year and a new opportunity to show Stephen King how much we appreciate him by using our community to raise money for a cause that is dear to him. Last year, Stephen King noticed this site's efforts and sent us all a message promising not to send Pennywise after us. It was very fun and scary.

So put questions in here, I am really hoping we can get most of the community involved this year.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

You spelled "explanation" wrong. :3

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, I dont' have a spell check on this computer.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Use Firefox. >:3

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I do! Are you kidding me?

That one was at work

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just as a teaser, our first auction item is going to be pretty big so we can get this thing started right.

Signed King item he did as a favor to the site.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yea... That's a teaser, sure is !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast