Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you like the Grant cover for The Wind Through The Keyhole?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 26.44%
  • No

64 73.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Dark Tower Novel - The Wind Through the Keyhole

Along the Path of the Beam kacod is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default 8th Dark Tower Novel - The Wind Through the Keyhole

Just in from Grant:

DARK TOWER VIII

Stephen King has announced that he has an idea for a new Dark
    Tower book, the working title of which will be THE WIND
    THROUGH THE KEYHOLE. He has not yet started this book
    and anticipates that it will be a minimum of eight months
    before he is able to begin writing it.

This is all the information we have. Please do not call or email
    us for further information. We don’t have any.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So far we dont know if it will be a DT VIII or DT 4.5 or whatsoever ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

John F. Kennedy Tassel is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Personally I'm hoping for another.. erm... 7 books!!!

So many questions need answering, at least for me!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

The announcement was pulled from SK dot com. Robert didn't nkow what to call it..so DT VIII it is
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting then! I didnt notice that announcement though...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, we have a thread on this already, two actually. Hopefully, the book is just titled "The Wind Through the Keyhole", or "The Dark Tower: The Wind Through the Keyhole" - no numbers.

Traveler kschneider is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Wind through the Keyhole

As you all know, Stephen plans a new Dark Tower novel. Everything I read says it takes place between book 4 (Wizard and Glass) and book 5 (Wolves of the Calla). Can anyone clarify this?? I'm assuming they mean it takes place after book 4, but before book 1. It's also said to contain some very familiar Dark Tower charachters, so maybe theres some side stories in it that do take place in the time span of books 1-3?? Although, time is a funny thing in the gunslinger's world. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this??

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is being discussed in the DTVIII thread here in The Oracle. I'll combine this thread with the DTVIII and rename it.

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

knew this was here. feel free to delete mine. Thx.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to hear more info on this when it's available. I better start setting aside money in case there ever are plans for a collectors edition.

Traveler Fred1 is on a distinguished road Fred1's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If King does make a new DT book, firstly. Questions will be answered! Unless he wants even more explaining to do. And secondly. If it takes place before they reach The Callas but after The Wizard and Glass. Then it puts us at the time when they reach The Bear and Turtel Beam if I'm not mistaken. And that isn't exctly the place where most questions are needed answering. It's at the end. :-)

Traveler Fred1 is on a distinguished road Fred1's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But still, some will be answered anyhow.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know I may be crazy but, I distinctly remember reading an afterword or foreward back in the early 80's when I began reading DTI (It was a paperback edition I think) that SK originally envisioned the DT series as being comprised of 10 books. He also stated that he wasn't sure if he would ever finish them (at the time)!! I recall because around that time I was also reading the L Ron Hubbard Decology (I can't recall the title off hand, the one with the planet in the angry fist, sucks getting old!!) and I remember associating it with that series/book. I was also highly anxious from that point on about whether he was truly committed to finishing it which made each Hiatus and subsequent publishing that much more interesting and/or frustrating! LOL

Anyway just a little trivia or history or w/e
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kschneider View Post
    As you all know, Stephen plans a new Dark Tower novel. Everything I read says it takes place between book 4 (Wizard and Glass) and book 5 (Wolves of the Calla). Can anyone clarify this?? I'm assuming they mean it takes place after book 4, but before book 1. It's also said to contain some very familiar Dark Tower charachters, so maybe theres some side stories in it that do take place in the time span of books 1-3?? Although, time is a funny thing in the gunslinger's world. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this??
    The quote from the SK site says between books 4 & 5 and yes, it does state "familiar DT characters. Of course given the DT world the actual "story" time frames can and probably are "up for grabs". There has been numerous fan speculation regarding the characters he is referring to including: Parkus, Sawyer, Danville, TMIB, Callahan (although IMHO unlikely) and many others. Obviously we won't know for sure until the man himself sees fit to clue us in or publishes it!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    If King does make a new DT book, firstly. Questions will be answered! Unless he wants even more explaining to do. And secondly. If it takes place before they reach The Callas but after The Wizard and Glass. Then it puts us at the time when they reach The Bear and Turtel Beam if I'm not mistaken. And that isn't exctly the place where most questions are needed answering. It's at the end. :-)
    The ka-tet reached the Bear/Turtle beam back in DTIII: The Waste Lands. They picked the beam up on the Bear side. Hence their meeting Shardik, the Bear Guardian of the Beam.

Just FYI.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I didn't know there was going to be another Dark Tower book. That's awesome...why doesn't anyone tell me these things???
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    I didn't know there was going to be another Dark Tower book. That's awesome...why doesn't anyone tell me these things???
    LOL.

Yeah, it's not like you started a thread about it, before this one.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's a new poll on the the Stephen King website requesting which book we'd prefer, Dr Sleep or the the new Dark Tower book. Credit to jhanic for posting the link in the Dr Sleep thread.

There's a bit more blurb there I thought would be of interest to this thread though. It's pretty small, but i'll spoilerize it anyway just in case you don't want to know anything at all.

Spoiler:
    a new Mid-World book (not directly about Roland Deschain, but yes, he and his friend Cuthbert are in it, hunting a skin-man, which are what werewolves are called in that lost kingdom

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I can't believe Dr Sleep is winning. This must be stopped.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Argh! I can't vote! I think it's because I haven't logged onto the forums there in a long time, or my lack of posts overall. Its pretty close though.

Edit- I can't post there either! Apparently my account needs to be activated. Despite still being able to log in....

Anyway. Back to this thread, considering this new information I'm curious how it fits between books four and five.
    Spoiler:
    Is it just the Wizard and Glass backstory is back then? It seems more post Wizard and Glass, Mejis stuff, pre Little Sisters to me. Still, we don't know how much it might jump around in time.

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah, apparently it will be like I said at the begining, between Wizard & Glass and Sisters Of Eluria. Don't know why King is saying W&G and WotC

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He said between Wastelands and W&G in Sarasota.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

"Apparently" another over-used word, apparently.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dr Sleep is the stupidest idea for a book I've heard. A "sequel" for a book never intended to have one is just plain dumb, imo.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Dr Sleep is the stupidest idea for a book I've heard. A "sequel" for a book never intended to have one is just plain dumb, imo.
    thanks monte for restoring my faith in humanity.

i'm not precisely looking forward to another dt-related book either, but yeah... dr sleep is just preposterous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast