Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you like the Grant cover for The Wind Through The Keyhole?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 26.44%
  • No

64 73.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Dark Tower Novel - The Wind Through the Keyhole

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    It definitely is mine.
    And - I've never seen a DT poll yet where WAG didn't come out as the #1 book of the series.
    sk
    I like Wizard and Glass, but I don't think I've ever seen it as number 1 in a poll! So much back-story and the resolution of the present day stuff usually gives it rather a divisive factor.

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

I think The Waste Lands is the peak of the series, and just about the best thing King's ever written. It's the only book by the author that kept me enthralled from start to finish. I loved the crazy present-day stuff in Wizard and Glass (the trip through the universe of The Stand culminating in the ka-tet's arrival at the emerald palace from The Wizard of Oz), but I was lukewarm on the love backstory.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's what turned me off in WAG. After King left Emerald City and started with the 23024 page flashback, I wanted to cry.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Along the Path of the Beam lordmerchant is on a distinguished road

I'm sure I have seen W&G ranking high in a lot of poles also, and personally for me it is one of my favourite novels of all time...I absoluely loved the flashback, learning more about cuthbert and alain was great!
    Only equals speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web or regard.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

W&G was the hardest one to start for me, the brief outline sounded sucky. Turned out to be awesome. Still hate The Gunslinger though, only one I didn't like, ranks next to Bag Of Bones.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

y'all are gonna LOVE WTTK!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does that mean you have read it Karen????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I'm soooooo jealous.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I've always hated your teases.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

As somebody who doesn't have any of the deluxe editions so I have no chance of getting a deluxe of this, I hope they release enough of the artist editions so I can get one.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm banking on an Artist edition too.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to read this and I will be doing a re-read before I do. Even WotC which I thought was by far the worst of the series (DotT, WaG, GS, DT, WL,SoS------> WotC) IMHO. WotC was the only one of the series I did not enjoy. But to each his own
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

To clarify my drunken self: I put the DT books in 3 different tiers: 1) WaG and DofT are favorites and I consider them among the best SK novels I have read 2) DT, SoS, WL, and GS are all very close, I love them all also and think they are great books 3) WotC: It was just a struggle for me to get through. Idk, I hope with this next re-read I have a change of heart and start liking this book.

Tad OCD and did not want anyone to think I was knocking any book but the 5th one
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

um, I work for the publisher....
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tito..... I think that's a yes !!

Karen, You are a golden goddess.
    I hope you are doing well, BTW, Happy belated Birthday (I wasn't sure which birthday thread was yours)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

WELL GOOD FOR YOU!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that DOTT (Drawing of the Three) is the best Dark Tower novel. I never really liked Wizard and Glass, especially since the dark tower comics came out. I think the story is told so much better when it is told in "The Gunslinger Born" comic.

WOTC is actually my second favorite. I think that it was exciting and it had the best gunslinger battle in it.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only recently finished DT7, and so probably didn't quite get how some people are not really looking forward to this new book. All I can say now is I'm 50/50 in my expectations. One side of me will ready anything King puts to paper, but the other side now understands people apprehensions...

Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna read this and no doubt will love it!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just want to remind you people that there are tons of threads where volumes 1 through 7 can be, and have been, extensively discussed

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think its fair to discuss 1-7 a bit when in reference to number 8.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

why, of course, I never meant to say you can't post your thoughts here. It is important, however, that no valuable idea or opinion be lost, that is why I'd rather people pursued specific lines of discussion where they are easy to trace by all parties involved or those who will come later

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Dr Sleep is the stupidest idea for a book I've heard. A "sequel" for a book never intended to have one is just plain dumb, imo.
    Yeah, remember that time JRR Tolkien wrote a sequel to The Hobbit, a book which was never intended to have a continuation? I think it was called Lord of the something or other? And we all know what a disaster that was, right?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Slender View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Dr Sleep is the stupidest idea for a book I've heard. A "sequel" for a book never intended to have one is just plain dumb, imo.
    Yeah, remember that time JRR Tolkien wrote a sequel to The Hobbit, which was never intended to have a continuation? Lord of the something or other? And we all know what a disaster that was, right?
    This, ad infinitum!!!!!

I also strongly suspect that both Tom Sawyer and Alice in the Wonderland were written without any plans for sequels - and in my opinion, Huckleberry Finn and Through the Looking Glass surpass their respective first books by miles.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for continuing the tangent Jean. However, I would agree with you both that a lot of sequel books (most likely unplanned also) end up to be better than their original story.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Besides, from what I've read of Dr Sleep it won't be a sequel in the sense of continuing the story. I get the impression it will be a whole other story... that happens to be about the same character(s). (Even that's not quite right as adults are different characters to their child-selves. Albeit, he's still in there somewhere...)

Anyhoo... back on topic (but related). I thought it interesting that King asked his constant readers which book they'd like to read first. Doctor Sleep won... and so he wrote The Wind through the Keyhole! Not that I'm complaining (I am most looking forward to this one after all). I guess he had ideas, but The Beam had others. Not the first time that's happened.

I hope he does get on to Doctor Sleep though as it sounded like a very interesting idea. That's assuming he hasn't already of course, which is a premature assumption to make. He certainly completed The Wind... quicker than I'd expected!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast