Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you like the Grant cover for The Wind Through The Keyhole?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 26.44%
  • No

64 73.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th Dark Tower Novel - The Wind Through the Keyhole

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Do you like the Grant cover for The Wind Through The Keyhole?

Do you like the Grant cover for The Wind Through The Keyhole?
    Cover:

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted yes. I do like the cover. It just doesn't feel like a DT cover to me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted no. It looks too much like a comics cover than a book cover.

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

True, John. That's the first thing I thought when I saw this cover.
    Still, I voted yes. It's not my favorite cover -that would be the one from The Waste Lands- but I do like it.

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

In the end, I decided to vote 'no'. I sort of like it, I mean it's not a bad piece of art, but... not for a Dark Tower book.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I voted "No." Jae Lee's art makes it look like Midworld has been relocated to somewhere in the vicinity of Beijing.

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted no . I don´t like it at all !!!

I agree what John says that it looks too much like a comics cover than a book cover.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted Yes.

The artwork is fine, but I do have strong reservations about the font. I read in the other TWTTKH thread that the cover is meant to evoke a children's story told in the novel, so I guess the cover art and font make sense for this book - I'm giving some credit to the design team at DMG and SK for knowing what they're doing. Like I said, the font is my only concern.

It'll be interesting to see what people (including myself) think of the cover once we've all read the book.

In the more general sense of Jae Lee's artwork: I like his stuff a lot. I do wish that he would draw characters with their eyes open, and/or not in shadow, more often though.

Finally, I'd really like to see the spine of the dustjacket, so we can get an idea how it would look alongside the other books on the shelf. Of course, I'm very interested in the S/L's traycase design and dimensions as well.

Along the Path of the Beam marc is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Also ordered the artist edition and already got an e-mail from Karen. Maybe it's already been said or asked but any idea on the approximate shipping date? End of April?

Edit: I see I've been nicknamed John F. Kennedy. How very... odd.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my order in for the AE, very excited. And that cover is good, if that's the actual cover, but the lettering looks very off.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Maybe it's already been said or asked but any idea on the approximate shipping date? End of April?
    On the order page it says:
    Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. expects to be shipping the limited editions of this new Dark Tower novel by Stephen King, illustrated by Jae Lee, by the end of February 2012.
    The regular trade Scribner hardcover will be out on April 24.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope.

Sure I think the artwork is good, but I do not like it as a Dark Tower jacket. So it gets a thumb's down.
    Geoff

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    This X 10

Country
    Country Flag

The preliminary artwork released by Scribner is very nice, I was hoping for something like that, or similar to past Grant covers. The lettering doesn't really fit the art, and is sort of jarring in a way. So on that I voted no, but the art itself is very nice.

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Jae Lee's work is amazing--however, when I saw the cover it did say "graphic novel" or "comic book" to me...the graphic style and the color/font combination is what suggests "comic" to me. It isn't what I'd expect to see on a hardcover; doesn't make it bad, but it is surprising.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmph... the more I see it, the less I like it. It would have been so much better with slightly darker tones and a more 'painted' feel. But I'm sure the actual DJ on the actual book will look a lot better than a two-dimensional image on the 'net.

Along the Path of the Beam marc is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Maybe it's already been said or asked but any idea on the approximate shipping date? End of April?
    On the order page it says:
    Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. expects to be shipping the limited editions of this new Dark Tower novel by Stephen King, illustrated by Jae Lee, by the end of February 2012.
    The regular trade Scribner hardcover will be out on April 24.
    Lol, that's what I get for ordering books before properly reading the available information. I am reminded of the Southpark episode of The Human CentIpad. Thanks anyway.

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

I went for no...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered an AE edition.
    Finally we are here. Another DT story is upon us!!!

Looking forward to a new Grant edition too.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the art, not crazy about the font choice. It doesn't go with the other covers but I'm ok with that.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I think the cover is perfect...for when they do a graphic novel. Otherwise it should be a piece of art included in the book not on the cover. When I think Dark Tower, usually a boy and his obese tiger don't come to mind.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

John
    I voted yes, but I agree. I like it as a book cover. It doesn't feel like a dt cover, though.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    My toughts exactly!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

About the cover art? I may be in the minority here, but I really, really don't like it. Granted I'm not a comic art fan, but the cover just looks like a kids book to me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I voted "No." Jae Lee's art makes it look like Midworld has been relocated to somewhere in the vicinity of Beijing.
    I couldn't figure out to word my thoughts, but....YES!

I personally hate the cover. For a comic book, yeah, go for it. But for a dark, Stephen King novel? No way in Boo 'ya Moon.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast