Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 344 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing you want the physical copy, but here is the e-version
    To order a back copy of the NYT (up to 90 days) go here

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Thanks for the links.

Will order a back copy.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I love it when the site works like that

This kind of stuff is totally what its for.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Looking for the Viking Hardcover reissue of 'The Waste Lands' with print line lowest '1'. In Fine condition.

If anyone has a copy to sell, please PM me. Thanks.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Looking for the Viking Hardcover reissue of 'The Waste Lands' with print line lowest '1'. In Fine condition.

If anyone has a copy to sell, please PM me. Thanks.
    Julia, I can check at work Monday. Or did you already ask me about it?

Sorry, i've been sick n a little out of it! LOL

Email me at work about it and I will check.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Okie, dokie.

Will email you monday then, Karen. Thanks.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am looking for a signed (by King) 1st UK edition of Song of Susannah. PM me is you have one to sell or can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a 1st edition copy of Thinner with the band around the cover. Anyone have or know of one for sale? Let me know if you do
    thanks
    Rusty

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for :
    - any french book signed (i think that RF do own one)
    - any book personnalised to someone called Jeremy...

the other stuff that i am looking for (mainly french stuff), you guys shouldnt be able to help me to find, so i'll do it myself

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Looking for a 1st edition copy of Thinner with the band around the cover. Anyone have or know of one for sale? Let me know if you do
    thanks
    Rusty
    I assume you mean the UK first since you mention the band. I haven't seen any copies lately that still have the band though I'll keep a look out for one.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Looking for :

the other stuff that i am looking for (mainly french stuff), you guys shouldnt be able to help me to find, so i'll do it myself
    If they are King it can do no harm to say what they are. I've been buying some foreign editions and have been looking at these quite a bit lately. If you tell us what they are maybe someone will spot one/them somewhere.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Looking for :

If they are King it can do no harm to say what they are. I've been buying some foreign editions and have been looking at these quite a bit lately. If you tell us what they are maybe someone will spot one/them somewhere.
    well, basically i am looking for any french ARC/ review copies (the one i really want is the Promo edition of SAC D OS [bag of bones! : which have a letter from King instead of a cover], but also couple of magazines which did include a text from King about the 9/11 events, and the Hannibal book review...
    and a french Cosmopolitan from 1976 with an excerpt of Carrie...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually I always preffered the signed books in the mother language of the writer (in Steve's case: english). If I'd have steve in front and he can sign me a book, I'd choose one in english instead of one in spanish.....Stephen King is from USA, not from Spain, France, Argentina or Russia.
    At least that's what I think.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, but i am collecting only french items for some reasons..
    Probably coz are cheaper, and... well, guess there is less "big" collectors on them ;-)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Still looking for!

I'm looking for the following:
    Prime Evil UK Proof
    Danse Macabe UK proof
    Danse Macabe Lettered edition
    Transgressions lettered
    Night Shift proof
    Stand proof
    Shining proof
    Dolan's proof gray edition
    Different Seasons UK proof
    Colorado Kid proof US Proof
    Bag of Bones UK proof green edition-I have the other editions
    Skeleton Crew UK full proof
    Thinner UK proof
    Ubris Fall 1969
    Marshroots 1975
    Maine Mar/Apr 1977
    Outside Dec 1995
    Anyone selling these items?

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for any of the F&SF magazines with the Gunslinger or DT stories in them.
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for Dark Tower all 7 Vols. - Matched set of numbered copies.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is very easy to obtain.
    The problem (perhaps not for you-but we shall see) is that what you want is expensive. Plan on spending >$10,000 U.S. for them.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I'm looking for any of the F&SF magazines with the Gunslinger or DT stories in them.
    Betts Bookstore has a set of 5 for $125. That's a bit expensive, so why not try Abebooks.com

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    I'm looking for Dark Tower all 7 Vols. - Matched set of numbered copies.
    If you are REALLY interested in a complete matching number set of S/L DT books, I am the guy to talk to and would be willing to sell one of my sets. Let me know.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I assume you mean the UK first since you mention the band. I haven't seen any copies lately that still have the band though I'll keep a look out for one.
    Both the US and UK versions of thinner had publisher's bands announcing Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman.

The US version was a white band and the UK version was a yellow band.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Betts Bookstore has a set of 5 for $125. That's a bit expensive, so why not try Abebooks.com

They come up on eBay at times for pretty good prices too.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Both the US and UK versions of thinner had publisher's bands announcing Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman.

The US version was a white band and the UK version was a yellow band.
    The whole band business has always puzzled me, i.e. when were they added and why?

Ostensibly, they were added to increase sales. If I have my facts straight the book was first released before the Bachman pseudonym cover was made public. Sales were reportedly reasonable prior to that but really picked up when it became known that Bachman was King. The bands were added to alert bookstore shoppers that this was a King book.

So, to a purist, the banded state is a later state than the unbanded. Is that correct? The presence of a band is deemed desirable but is actually a later "issue."

But wait. The only prepublication state of the book (NAL version) I have ever seen is the softbound "Special ABA Edition" that was handed out at the convention. This is mistakenly (IMO) called a proof by some collectors but really isn't. But I believe it to be a prepublication state. And I have a copy of that book with a band. Was the band present on all these ABA copies? I've always been confused over this. Was the convention held after the King/Bachman pseudonym business was exposed? I had always thought it was held prior to the publication of the book.

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That is very easy to obtain.
    The problem (perhaps not for you-but we shall see) is that what you want is expensive. Plan on spending >$10,000 U.S. for them.
    If you are speaking about DT S/L Set, All 7 books, in VF condition, All numbered <100 for 10.000$, I'm your man 8)

Seriously, Randall, I'm not a reach boy and money are always a problem!!!!

I had saved fews money during these years and if I buy these books my bank will remain empty (Fortunately my bank do "Payment by instalments" ).

To buy these books for me mean to renounce to a lot of other things in 2008, believe me.

I know that there are other way to collect books (Step by step, book after book, and so on...) but in 1982 I was less than 6 years old and now these books are "sold out" and if I want thats books I must pay the actual market price

I'm not a reseller, I would like to buy that books just to have them, because I love that story, that follow me during my teenager years and now take me in a very beautiful place in my head called "Memory", with a lot of images, sounds and fragrances.
    If I want these book I must buy them during these mounths becouse I don't know if in the future I will have the economic condition to do.

So, please feel free send me messages or e-mail if you have something for me.

It's a pleasure for me have the possibility to speak with all of you about books passion and this Forum is great!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The whole band business has always puzzled me, i.e. when were they added and why?

Ostensibly, they were added to increase sales. If I have my facts straight the book was first released before the Bachman pseudonym cover was made public. Sales were reportedly reasonable prior to that but really picked up when it became known that Bachman was King. The bands were added to alert bookstore shoppers that this was a King book.

So, to a purist, the banded state is a later state than the unbanded. Is that correct? The presence of a band is deemed desirable but is actually a later "issue."

But wait. The only prepublication state of the book (NAL version) I have ever seen is the softbound "Special ABA Edition" that was handed out at the convention. This is mistakenly (IMO) called a proof by some collectors but really isn't. But I believe it to be a prepublication state. And I have a copy of that book with a band. Was the band present on all these ABA copies? I've always been confused over this. Was the convention held after the King/Bachman pseudonym business was exposed? I had always thought it was held prior to the publication of the book.
    You are right on all points. I think I read that sales were 30,000 before it was announced and then 300,000 after.

The books with the bands were from the same printing. The store owners were issued with bands by the publisher to put on the copies which were already on their shelves. So they are the same state.

As collectors, we have to have the bands for both US and UK versions

There should not have been a band on your ABA copy. It must have been added later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 344 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast