Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 298 of 344 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Lotuz, there was also the Scream Press zippered lettered Skeleton Crew In 1985. I didn’t want to quote that last post because it’s getting kind of bulky
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The lettered was in fact bound in leather with a zipper opening. There is also the pubisher's personal "check copy" 1/1. Try wrestling that one from Bob Jackson's hands.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Not to de-rail the thread but I would love a lettered of some of these books but a mans got to know his limitations.
    Carry on.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Not to de-rail the thread but I would love a lettered of some of these books but a mans got to know his limitations.
    Carry on.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Looking to fill these gaps....

1981 Danse Macabre letter
    1981 Cujo letter
    1982 Dark Tower I Gunslinger letter
    1983 Christine letter
    1984 The Talisman letter
    1990 The Stand letter
    1997 Six Stories Roman
    2004 Salems Lot Roman
    2004 The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Letter
    SIE Bootleg
    ANGST Bootleg
    I know where three of these are at a very very reasonable price.
    Are these for you personally or are they for somebody else?
    ALL for me.
    Please post pricing you are willing to pay for each one and I will see if this individual is interested in selling.
    All are as new mint of course.
    If the price is right they might sell more than the three I’m thinking of, its quite a collection.
    I will not be adding an up charge.

In answer to the next question.. this individual does not have asking prices because the lettered are generally not for sale..
    But if I have an offer to bring to them, they “might” sell
    Looking for some opinions on pricing for the Lettered's listed.
    Below is Kris's guesstimate for the Lettered's he's looking to acquire, please share input.. Looking for honest value before I meet w/potential seller.
    Thanks

Message from Kris on pricing:

"Here is my best guess. I have no idea Rich.. not sold often. See if there is any he will sell. THanks"

1981 Danse Macabre letter - $4500
    1981 Cujo letter - $2000
    Gunslinger letter - $7500
    1983 Christine letter - $2000
    1984 The Talisman letter - $1750
    1990 The Stand letter - $3500
    1997 Six Stories Roman - $1200
    2004 Salems Lot Roman - $12000
    2004 The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Letter - $1750
    SIE Bootleg - $1200
    ANGST Bootleg - $750

These books are rarely offered. Most had limitations to 26 or less. Chris C. had all but the TGWLTG lettered and Angst in his collection sold in 2006 by Stu. In fact, I've never seen a lettered TGWLTG offered anywhere. But here are ballpark prices for normal times. You would be lucky to get a "very, very reasonable" price or "discount" on any of these rare items.

Danse Macabre -- $8K in F/F/F condition. I think Mike P. sold his copy for $10K and I bought a less than F/F/F copy for $6K
    Cujo -- $3K minimum. I think CC's copy went for $1.8K 14 years ago. My copy as $2.7K a few years back
    Dark Tower I The Gunslinger -- $10K in F/F/F condition. There might be some wiggle room downward...but not much.
    Christine -- $3K minimum. Same as Cujo. I got a bargain 15 years ago.
    The Talisman -- $2.5K ballpark. Don't see many of these either. My copy cost $1.8K 15 years ago.
    The Stand -- $3.5K - $4K minimum. I sold an extra copy for $3K (letter T) a few years ago. Haven't seen one since. I still have Peter Schneider's copy (letter A). It was $4.5K in CC's sale.
    Six Stories -- $2.5K - $3K ballpark. I paid up 15 years ago because of the provenance and the association. You might get one for less than my ballpark.
    Salem's Lot -- Black is minimum $14K since that was a recent sale and a huge bargain. I'm on record saying that a black Roman is a $17.5K - $20K book. Add at least $5K for a red Roman.
    TGWLTG -- no precedent that I'm aware of. Only 15 signed...but not as sought-after as Danse Macabre. I know of one copy and I agreed to buy it this summer as part of a larger purchase. Therefore, I don't want to give a price other than to say that the numbers discussed are way below what I will pay.
    Sie -- $3K - $4K depending upon the seller. I bought one from an Austrian dealer for less than $2.5K but I had to pay up to replace it.

I have no idea about Angst. I believe Stockerlone offered a price range a few days ago. I hope there are some successful transactions and I hope this helps.

John
    I bought Mike Pasiuk's Lettered Danse over a year ago (i got a good deal).....$6,500 and bought his Angst for $1,600

I sold a Lettered Stand for $5,800 not too long ago

Lettered Gunslinger agreed around $10k
    Cujo/Christine agree around $3,000
    Agree with Johnny on Talisman, Six Stories and GWLTG

Salem's Lot Roman....one just sold (black) for $14,000 agree red maybe $5k higher
    Just to add some more data points on this:

I have 2 "Lettered" copies of the Talisman (one number 1/70, one letter 1/70), one I bought for $1500 (2016), and the other I bought from David for an amount I don't recall (2016).
    I bought the TGWLTG for $3000
    I bought a roman # Six Stories for $900 in 2015 (guess I got lucky on that one)
    Lettered Stand I got for $3800 from Mike P.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Was Joe really the first publisher to draw this distinct line for the modern use of lettered editions? I mean my guess is "no"... maybe he was the first to use a letter to designate his deluxe versions, but there had to have been publishers prior to 1989 that was doing both "regular" and "deluxe" editions, right?
    There have been deluxe and limited editions for over a hundred years. I've seen very early low print run editions (10-25) designated with Roman numerals from the early 20th century. At some point a publisher realized they could publish 26 copies and use a letter designation. I don't know when that occurred though. I do know that there were lettered editions published in the 1960s.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a clarification regarding the different numbers re: lettered Danse Macabre.

I made the assumption that Mike P. had only one lettered Danse Macabre copy and stated in my original comment that he sold "his" copy. I based my comment on an e-mail I received on 29 January 2018 where he stated in response to a question I had about the availability some items:

"I sold my Lettered Danse for $10000.
    Uk Carrie mine is not signed.
    I have s marching COTW and portfolio but not cheap."

I should have stated that he sold "a" copy since he sold a copy to David at a different price.

Having multiple copies of items is not unusual. Another collector had at least 2, if not 3, copies of the lettered Danse. And two of them now reside at different locations in the UK. I hope that clarifies any confusion or any questions regarding the lettered Danse Macabre.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to thank everybody for the input regarding my inquiry into reality based pricing for Stephen King Lettered Editions.
    I personally felt uncomfortable approaching these folks with inaccurate "best guesses" pricing.
    After many very informative conversations via email, telephone, texts & PM's, I've come to the obvious conclusion to NOT pursue this any longer.
    My collecting for the most part has not included Lettereds editions (I only have a couple) so I was/am unfamiliar with honest pricing.
    So I apologize to the parties that were interested & hope you understand.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I want to thank everybody for the input regarding my inquiry into reality based pricing for Stephen King Lettered Editions.
    I personally felt uncomfortable approaching these folks with inaccurate "best guesses" pricing.
    After many very informative conversations via email, telephone, texts & PM's, I've come to the obvious conclusion to NOT pursue this any longer.
    My collecting for the most part has not included Lettereds editions (I only have a couple) so I was/am unfamiliar with honest pricing.
    You could have sent me a private message. I was the interested party. Somehow I’m not surprised by this stunt and called this outcome RIGHT from the start. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been very interesting and informative following this lettered pricing discussion.

I find two things puzzling though...
    1) Webstar1000, you are always one of the first posters when someone asks about a price on an SK volume, but on all these Lettered editions you were 50% low in some cases, and then professed lack of knowledge regarding pricing.
    2) In another thread, you lamented about you being laid off due to the pandemic, but you are trying to purchase better than $38k worth of books, “for me”.

Not surprised either it ended this way, but again, learned a lot.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default King Books/Items Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Been very interesting and informative following this lettered pricing discussion.

I find two things puzzling though...
    1) Webstar1000, you are always one of the first posters when someone asks about a price on an SK volume, but on all these Lettered editions you were 50% low in some cases, and then professed lack of knowledge regarding pricing.
    2) In another thread, you lamented about you being laid off due to the pandemic, but you are trying to purchase better than $38k worth of books, “for me”.

Not surprised either it ended this way, but again, learned a lot.
    1) I was asked what I was comfortable to pay. I stated such. The books I need are not sold very often. AND pricing large purchases during a pandemic....
    2) where did you read I was going to buy these all at once? Honestly where did I state that? I sold a S/L Slinger I had and had enough to get one maybe two.

PS: Glad you learned a lot.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You could have sent me a private message. I was the interested party. Somehow I’m not surprised by this stunt and called this outcome RIGHT from the start. SMH

Seriously ??
    Kris, is everything always just about you?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Carrie PS Publishing Lettered G, anyone?
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

SOD vol 1 S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Carry on.
    Yep. That's the one and that's me. Knowing my limitations. Not being Clint.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was Joe really the first publisher to draw this distinct line for the modern use of lettered editions? I mean my guess is "no"... maybe he was the first to use a letter to designate his deluxe versions, but there had to have been publishers prior to 1989 that was doing both "regular" and "deluxe" editions, right?
    There have been deluxe and limited editions for over a hundred years. I've seen very early low print run editions (10-25) designated with Roman numerals from the early 20th century. At some point a publisher realized they could publish 26 copies and use a letter designation. I don't know when that occurred though. I do know that there were lettered editions published in the 1960s.
    This is good info and gives me a rough place to start when I get the chance to do some more research! I was doubtful that this was something that was brand new in the 1980s, because I know that my sample is very biased by my collecting habits (signed limited books from the 1980s and later, essentially). But I did some cursory searches and just didn't find much. Obviously I'm going to have to dig deeper and get pretty far outside my own area of semi-quasi-sorta-expertise

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is good info and gives me a rough place to start when I get the chance to do some more research! I was doubtful that this was something that was brand new in the 1980s, because I know that my sample is very biased by my collecting habits (signed limited books from the 1980s and later, essentially). But I did some cursory searches and just didn't find much. Obviously I'm going to have to dig deeper and get pretty far outside my own area of semi-quasi-sorta-expertise
    I'm interested to hear what you will be able to find.
    Despite my signature below, I've never actually researched the limited editions that Mark Twain signed and have no idea if there were lettered versions or not.
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I'm interested to hear what you will be able to find.
    Despite my signature below, I've never actually researched the limited editions that Mark Twain signed and have no idea if there were lettered versions or not.
    I know of no lettered Twain. That doesn't mean they don't exist though. There were multiple limiteds. He made a rather famous quote about limited editions and how nobody reads them.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Book found. Thx
    Last edited by kingfan2323; 04-15-2020 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Book found. Thanks.
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have copies to trade and Looking for #246 of:
    Dark Man S/L
    Dark Man Art Portfolio
    Wizard and Glass UK S/L
    TWTTKH UK "gift edition" of 700 copies
    Wasteland Portfolio
    DT: The Complete Concordance
    Road to the Dark Tower

Appreciate people checking. Thx

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is my PS Potter The Colorado Kid edition. Looking for the matching Chadbourne and Miller versions.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations. Hard book to obtain. I tried for years to find a matching PC set. Best I could get was two PC, and one blank copy.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Congratulations. Hard book to obtain.
    Thanks RF, but it has been in my collection for a couple of years.
    Just thought a matching set was long overdue.
    But like you said, (very) hard to obtain.

sk

sk

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Congratulations. Hard book to obtain. I tried for years to find a matching PC set. Best I could get was two PC, and one blank copy.
    There’s a PC Miller on Abe at the moment
    Wanted:

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

This is my PS Potter The Colorado Kid edition. Looking for the matching Chadbourne and Miller versions.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

sk
    Good luck with the search
    Wanted:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 298 of 344 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 ... LastLast