Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 344 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I don't think I participated in the newsgroup, but I remember the name Robert Whelan - why was he notorious? I recall the name, but no specifics.
    Peter Straub showed up periodically on alt.books.stephen_king. King and Straub had said for years (and still do) that they tried to imitate each others styles when writing The Talisman. Because they did it so well it is impossible (or so they say) for them to tell who actually wrote what parts of the book. Robert Whelan didn't believe that and wrote lengthy posts directed to Peter Straub claiming that he knew many of the parts that Straub wrote simply because of the style being so different from King's. Peter argued with him for quite a while but Robert's posts just got longer and more frequent. After a few weeks Peter admitted to writing some of the parts in question.

In 2001 I was at a book signing at Texas Motor Speedway (odd place for a book signing, I know) and Peter Straub was there. We talked for a while and Robert Whelan's name came up. I asked him about it and Peter said that he really couldn't remember if he wrote those parts or not but he said he did because he thought it was the only way to shut Robert up. We laughed at that. I'm pretty sure Bev was there for that conversation.

Robert took part in many other discussions and never would admit he was wrong. But the argument with Straub is the one that I really remember.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love this shit boys... Keep it coming!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I don't think I participated in the newsgroup, but I remember the name Robert Whelan - why was he notorious? I recall the name, but no specifics.
    Peter Straub showed up periodically on alt.books.stephen_king. King and Straub had said for years (and still do) that they tried to imitate each others styles when writing The Talisman. Because they did it so well it is impossible (or so they say) for them to tell who actually wrote what parts of the book. Robert Whelan didn't believe that and wrote lengthy posts directed to Peter Straub claiming that he knew many of the parts that Straub wrote simply because of the style being so different from King's. Peter argued with him for quite a while but Robert's posts just got longer and more frequent. After a few weeks Peter admitted to writing some of the parts in question.

In 2001 I was at a book signing at Texas Motor Speedway (odd place for a book signing, I know) and Peter Straub was there. We talked for a while and Robert Whelan's name came up. I asked him about it and Peter said that he really couldn't remember if he wrote those parts or not but he said he did because he thought it was the only way to shut Robert up. We laughed at that. I'm pretty sure Bev was there for that conversation.

Robert took part in many other discussions and never would admit he was wrong. But the argument with Straub is the one that I really remember.
    Yeah, I was there at the speedway for that conversation!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mist DVD: Ultimate Edition with Pop-Up Monster

Does anyone have one for sale or know of where I can find one? I could SWEAR I had one of these, because it seems so familiar, but I guess I sold it along with the rest of my stuff. Now that I collect limited edition movies, I'd love to own one again.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    The Mist DVD: Ultimate Edition with Pop-Up Monster

Does anyone have one for sale or know of where I can find one? I could SWEAR I had one of these, because it seems so familiar, but I guess I sold it along with the rest of my stuff. Now that I collect limited edition movies, I'd love to own one again.
    That's super cool... if you find two, let me know
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Impressive.

I would also love a traycase for my SIX STORIES.
    I bought a traycase from Camelot books. odd duck doesn't quite shut. $40

Thanks everyone for the interesting discussion on the history of the slipcase/traycase. I read most of the thread Bev provided. I found the side discussion on fake politeness funny, but sad.

Roseannebarr, is the traycase you bought from Camelot books the same as the one produced by Stu? Do you think the issue with shutting is unique to yours, or probably a problem with all the traycases? In other words for $40, would you do it again?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Impressive.

Thanks everyone for the interesting discussion on the history of the slipcase/traycase. I read most of the thread Bev provided. I found the side discussion on fake politeness funny, but sad.

Roseannebarr, is the traycase you bought from Camelot books the same as the one produced by Stu? Do you think the issue with shutting is unique to yours, or probably a problem with all the traycases? In other words for $40, would you do it again?

Thanks,
    Mike
    I dont know if its stu's or not. i needed a tray case. It is better than nothing. hope that helps.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WTB: copies of the Colorado Kid. Not sure where my paperback made off to, and I don't have the hardcover editions. Please PM me if you have spares of either.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Running Man UK 1/1(it drives me crazy to have something incomplete!!)
    Phantasmagoria issues 8 and 11(see above)
    IT art portfolio

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Do we have any members here from Spain? I'm looking to get my hands on a copy of the December 2014 Spanish edition of Esquire that has King on the cover. I've seen one on the international eBay site, but it seems a bit high. I'm sure there are some out there a bit cheaper, I just don't know where else to look.

~Jonathan

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Impressive.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I dont know if its stu's or not. i needed a tray case. It is better than nothing. hope that helps.
    just verified with CAmelot. This is not Stu's traycase.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Too bad it doesn't shut all the way. Is it very noticeable?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Do we have any members here from Spain? I'm looking to get my hands on a copy of the December 2014 Spanish edition of Esquire that has King on the cover. I've seen one on the international eBay site, but it seems a bit high. I'm sure there are some out there a bit cheaper, I just don't know where else to look.

Any idea of what it includes? An article about his visit in europe, or an interview or an essay?

I have always been disappointed that the french Playboy didnt have the translation of his stories from the us version
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I THINK it's the translation of the story, "That Bus is Another World", which appeared in the August 2014 issue of the English language edition.
    ~Jonathan

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

so, any offers on one of these posters:

http://stephenking.com/promo/hard_li...kes/index.html

apparently, only five winners received one. i actually got one by participating in a two-hour interview with the publisher a couple of weeks ago. they sent me that and a $300 Amazon gift card. they had my e-mail from when i requested copies of King's material from Hard Listening a couple of years ago.

the poster is in pretty good shape but is somewhat wrinkled and all from the method in which the shipped it to me.

does this really mean there are only 6 out there in the wild?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Any idea of what it includes? An article about his visit in europe, or an interview or an essay?
    I have always been disappointed that the french Playboy didnt have the translation of his stories from the us version
    I found this description: El relato de Stephen King That Bus Is Another World (Ese Autobús Es Otro Mundo) ha sido publicado en castellano en la edición de diciembre de la revista Esquire (edición España). Además, se incluye un artículo titulado Todos Los Rostros del Rey, sobre la trayectoria del autor de Maine.

So, a translation of That Bus and an overview of his "trajectory" as an author called "All the Faces of the King"

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive.

Thanks,
    Mike

Ok Thanks, even though you didn't give it a glowing review, I went ahead and ordered it.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have that magazine. It has that story and an article about him.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I found this description: El relato de Stephen King That Bus Is Another World (Ese Autobús Es Otro Mundo) ha sido publicado en castellano en la edición de diciembre de la revista Esquire (edición España). Además, se incluye un artículo titulado Todos Los Rostros del Rey, sobre la trayectoria del autor de Maine.

So, a translation of That Bus and an overview of his "trajectory" as an author called "All the Faces of the King"
    That story was supposed to be inspired to him when he visited France, and we (french) didn't even get that story translated...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Can you post a picture? (of the traycase)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by you ever seen a ghost? View Post

apparently, only five winners received one. i actually got one by participating in a two-hour interview with the publisher a couple of weeks ago. they sent me that and a $300 Amazon gift card. they had my e-mail from when i requested copies of King's material from Hard Listening a couple of years ago.

the poster is in pretty good shape but is somewhat wrinkled and all from the method in which the shipped it to me.

really, no interest in this signed King (and others) poster?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Which other signed posters do you have and how much are you asking for 'em?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Impressive.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Can you post a picture? (of the traycase)

I just got an email from Kim at Camelot books. She said she was ready to ship but noticed the velcro doesn't keep it shut. She said if I was ok with waiting, they would look for a magnetic closure. She sent some pictures to show it:

Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Which other signed posters do you have and how much are you asking for 'em?
    There is only one poster. It is signed by King and other people.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking for someone who owns Firestarter Press Kit...
    msg me pls
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 344 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast