Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 344 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 8586

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been watching that one too, I may end up with one someday.
    How many of them do you need Coulrophobia? Let the rest of us get 1 please? hehe
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    How many of them do you need Coulrophobia? Let the rest of us get 1 please? hehe
    I promise I do not need anymore, but just watch out for the 0 feedback bidders. Surprisingly the 0 bidders are up at all hours of the night as well so keep a close eye out for the "Buy It Now", and act fast.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    I promise I do not need anymore, but just watch out for the 0 feedback bidders. Surprisingly the 0 bidders are up at all hours of the night as well so keep a close eye out for the "Buy It Now", and act fast.
    Talking about the 0 feedback bidders, I had been talking to the seller of that last gift edition on ebay that went to a 0 buyer and decided after the auction to ask if the buyer did actually pay for the item (yes I knew there was little chance the person would tell me) and today I got a message from the seller and the buyer had in fact paid for the item. So conspiracy theories are fading for me now.
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post

Talking about the 0 feedback bidders, I had been talking to the seller of that last gift edition on ebay that went to a 0 buyer and decided after the auction to ask if the buyer did actually pay for the item (yes I knew there was little chance the person would tell me) and today I got a message from the seller and the buyer had in fact paid for the item. So conspiracy theories are fading for me now.
    To me it is about the feedback normally if they pay the positive feedback is posted for the buyer, and with many of the 0 feedback's neither side leave any feedback otherwise it would not still be 0. I am glad I reached my desired quantity so I can focus on other items I lost.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a nice copy of The Stand with the black and white cover.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe you're talking about the Holdorf edition?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's the one. I'm "watching" two on eBay but the shipping is $40 so no go for those. It doesn't help that I've been on eBay for 11 years without a single negative, those sellers want to cover their asses and will ship Priority only.

Traveler shaunusher is on a distinguished road shaunusher's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm desperately trying to get hold of/buy Stephen King's Garbage Truck column (titled, I believe, "Snow") from the 19th March, 1970 edition of The Maine Campus. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Shaun, as you may know the Maine Campus issues are some of the hardest-to-find King publications. But your best chance of finding any leads is here. Welcome!

Traveler shaunusher is on a distinguished road shaunusher's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, thanks biomieg! I was blissfully unaware of how desirable and rare they are. Just my luck. This may be the wrong thread in which to ask (if so, sorry!) but are those Garbage Truck columns transcribed anywhere?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The last one ('Graduation', originally published in the May 21, 1970 issue) was reprinted in the Maine alumni magazine in 1989, but I think that was the only one that was ever reprinted. I don't know of any transcriptions. Maybe Bob (carlosdetweiller) does.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Photocopies of them circulated many years ago, but I don't think any have been transcribed -- posting transcriptions wouldn't be kosher anyway.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The last one ('Graduation', originally published in the May 21, 1970 issue) was reprinted in the Maine alumni magazine in 1989, but I think that was the only one that was ever reprinted. I don't know of any transcriptions. Maybe Bob (carlosdetweiller) does.
    No. I don't know of any transcriptions. I think the Maine Alumni magazine wanted to republish them all but King didn't want them to do that.

shaunusher, why is that particular column of interest to you?

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by shaunusher View Post
    I'm desperately trying to get hold of/buy Stephen King's Garbage Truck column (titled, I believe, "Snow") from the 19th March, 1970 edition of The Maine Campus. Can anyone help? Thanks.
    I don't have that one, but I do have #15 volume LXXIII issued 1/15/1970, if you have any interest for that one...
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Missed out on a Fine/Fine U.S. 1st/1st of FIRESTARTER today...so am still looking for one.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I want one of those Room 217 pwetar keys from the Stanley Hotel, but they don't ship overseas. Anyone got a spare and have any idea how much they could ship it to New Zealand for? Cheers

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Prototype/error dustjackets ... See examples below:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/5297636

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/5297616

So jealous they sold for $20 and $10, respectively!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

stupid sellers... they probably would have done much better on ebay

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

On the blue Carrie, what is different from the non prototype/error?

Country
    Country Flag

The alignment of the title on the spine, I believe. Bob has posted a photo with the two variations somewhere.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The alignment of the title on the spine, I believe. Bob has posted a photo with the two variations somewhere.
    Thanks! I saw a blue covered Carrie very recently and didn't know if maybe it was hard to find or if it was a minor change to the cover.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

In the unused variant the title CARRIE was placed horizontally on the spine and it didn't quite fit. So it couldn't be easily read when shelved. They redid it with the CARRIE placed vertically. Here are some example photos of the two states:

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    In the unused variant the title CARRIE was placed horizontally on the spine and it didn't quite fit. So it couldn't be easily read when shelved. They redid it with the CARRIE placed vertically. Here are some example photos of the two states:

very cool! any idea how scarce they are?

very cool! any idea how scarce they are?[/QUOTE]

Pretty scarce, I think. I got my copy from Peter Schneider who worked at Doubleday when they were published. I'm pretty sure the problem was noticed and corrected prior to shipping the books out. It was my impression that none were sent out. But I got a second copy on eBay just a year or so ago and the seller had no idea that it was anything different or unusual. So there are probably some copies in circulation.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have never seen one before.
    Really a fantastic collectable!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 344 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast