Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 344 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 8585

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Looking to fill these gaps....

1981 Danse Macabre letter
    1981 Cujo letter
    1982 Dark Tower I Gunslinger letter
    1983 Christine letter
    1984 The Talisman letter
    1990 The Stand letter
    1997 Six Stories Roman
    2004 Salems Lot Roman
    2004 The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Letter
    SIE Bootleg
    ANGST Bootleg
    I know where three of these are at a very very reasonable price.
    Are these for you personally or are they for somebody else?
    ALL for me.
    Please post pricing you are willing to pay for each one and I will see if this individual is interested in selling.
    All are as new mint of course.
    If the price is right they might sell more than the three I’m thinking of, its quite a collection.
    I will not be adding an up charge.

In answer to the next question.. this individual does not have asking prices because the lettered are generally not for sale..
    But if I have an offer to bring to them, they “might” sell
    Looking for some opinions on pricing for the Lettered's listed.
    Below is Kris's guesstimate for the Lettered's he's looking to acquire, please share input.. Looking for honest value before I meet w/potential seller.
    Thanks

Message from Kris on pricing:

"Here is my best guess. I have no idea Rich.. not sold often. See if there is any he will sell. THanks"

1981 Danse Macabre letter - $4500
    1981 Cujo letter - $2000
    Gunslinger letter - $7500
    1983 Christine letter - $2000
    1984 The Talisman letter - $1750
    1990 The Stand letter - $3500
    1997 Six Stories Roman - $1200
    2004 Salems Lot Roman - $12000
    2004 The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Letter - $1750
    SIE Bootleg - $1200
    ANGST Bootleg - $750

I will take 2 gunslinger lettered at that price!
    You won't even buy the S/L I offered (and at $5450!!!) so how will you take two lettered at that price? LOL I offered you one AND payments and you said no. These are prices I WOULD feel comfortable paying (and during these times).
    Mr. Cook asked our opinion and that is the only one I felt comfortable answering about. Yes I would be VERY comfortable paying $7500 for a lettered Gunslinger. Especially because people keep telling me a signed one is worth $6500. An amount I am not willing to pay for a number. I have not seen a lettered Gunslinger for sale in a LONG time!!!!!

I truly appreciate your offer of a S/L Gunslinger 1 for $5450 with no slipcase. I think I said thank you, but I plan on waiting for a JOB and one with a slipcase. This is my holy grail and plan on saving and doing this one right. Besides the PS Publishing books it will be the MOST expensive book I ever bought.

Being laid off STINKS. $1500 - $2000 month missing from my budget each month.
    Yep sure does. I hope you get back to work soon. It’s Driving me slowly insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

1981 Cujo letter
    1983 Christine letter
    1984 The Talisman letter
    1990 The Stand letter
    1997 Six Stories Roman
    2004 Salems Lot Roman
    SIE Bootleg
    ANGST Bootleg
    ALL for me.
    Please post pricing you are willing to pay for each one and I will see if this individual is interested in selling.
    If the price is right they might sell more than the three I’m thinking of, its quite a collection.

In answer to the next question.. this individual does not have asking prices because the lettered are generally not for sale..
    Below is Kris's guesstimate for the Lettered's he's looking to acquire, please share input.. Looking for honest value before I meet w/potential seller.
    Thanks

"Here is my best guess. I have no idea Rich.. not sold often. See if there is any he will sell. THanks"

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
    SIE Bootleg - $1200
    ANGST Bootleg - $750

You won't even buy the S/L I offered (and at $5450!!!) so how will you take two lettered at that price? LOL I offered you one AND payments and you said no. These are prices I WOULD feel comfortable paying (and during these times).
    Correct. NO SLIPCASE is a non starter for me. Learned that in KING collecting class 101. Others may want it, good luck with the sale!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1981 Cujo letter
    1983 Christine letter
    1984 The Talisman letter
    1990 The Stand letter
    1997 Six Stories Roman
    2004 Salems Lot Roman
    SIE Bootleg
    ANGST Bootleg
    ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
    SIE Bootleg - $1200
    ANGST Bootleg - $750

Correct. NO SLIPCASE is a non starter for me. Learned that in KING collecting class 101. Others may want it, good luck with the sale!
    It’s already sold

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

1981 Cujo letter
    1983 Christine letter
    1984 The Talisman letter
    1990 The Stand letter
    1997 Six Stories Roman
    2004 Salems Lot Roman
    SIE Bootleg
    ANGST Bootleg
    ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
    SIE Bootleg - $1200
    ANGST Bootleg - $750

These books are rarely offered. Most had limitations to 26 or less. Chris C. had all but the TGWLTG lettered and Angst in his collection sold in 2006 by Stu. In fact, I've never seen a lettered TGWLTG offered anywhere. But here are ballpark prices for normal times. You would be lucky to get a "very, very reasonable" price or "discount" on any of these rare items.

Danse Macabre -- $8K in F/F/F condition. I think Mike P. sold his copy for $10K and I bought a less than F/F/F copy for $6K
    Cujo -- $3K minimum. I think CC's copy went for $1.8K 14 years ago. My copy as $2.7K a few years back
    Dark Tower I The Gunslinger -- $10K in F/F/F condition. There might be some wiggle room downward...but not much.
    Christine -- $3K minimum. Same as Cujo. I got a bargain 15 years ago.
    The Talisman -- $2.5K ballpark. Don't see many of these either. My copy cost $1.8K 15 years ago.
    The Stand -- $3.5K - $4K minimum. I sold an extra copy for $3K (letter T) a few years ago. Haven't seen one since. I still have Peter Schneider's copy (letter A). It was $4.5K in CC's sale.
    Six Stories -- $2.5K - $3K ballpark. I paid up 15 years ago because of the provenance and the association. You might get one for less than my ballpark.
    Salem's Lot -- Black is minimum $14K since that was a recent sale and a huge bargain. I'm on record saying that a black Roman is a $17.5K - $20K book. Add at least $5K for a red Roman.
    TGWLTG -- no precedent that I'm aware of. Only 15 signed...but not as sought-after as Danse Macabre. I know of one copy and I agreed to buy it this summer as part of a larger purchase. Therefore, I don't want to give a price other than to say that the numbers discussed are way below what I will pay.
    Sie -- $3K - $4K depending upon the seller. I bought one from an Austrian dealer for less than $2.5K but I had to pay up to replace it.

I have no idea about Angst. I believe Stockerlone offered a price range a few days ago. I hope there are some successful transactions and I hope this helps.

John

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow, there are some big numbers in that list. I guess I will stay in my end of the pool and stick with numbers.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post

1981 Cujo letter
    1983 Christine letter
    1984 The Talisman letter
    1990 The Stand letter
    1997 Six Stories Roman
    2004 Salems Lot Roman
    SIE Bootleg
    ANGST Bootleg
    ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
    SIE Bootleg - $1200
    ANGST Bootleg - $750

These books are rarely offered. Most had limitations to 26 or less. Chris C. had all but the TGWLTG lettered and Angst in his collection sold in 2006 by Stu. In fact, I've never seen a lettered TGWLTG offered anywhere. But here are ballpark prices for normal times. You would be lucky to get a "very, very reasonable" price or "discount" on any of these rare items.

Danse Macabre -- $8K in F/F/F condition. I think Mike P. sold his copy for $10K and I bought a less than F/F/F copy for $6K
    Cujo -- $3K minimum. I think CC's copy went for $1.8K 14 years ago. My copy as $2.7K a few years back
    Dark Tower I The Gunslinger -- $10K in F/F/F condition. There might be some wiggle room downward...but not much.
    The Talisman -- $2.5K ballpark. Don't see many of these either. My copy cost $1.8K 15 years ago.
    The Stand -- $3.5K - $4K minimum. I sold an extra copy for $3K (letter T) a few years ago. Haven't seen one since. I still have Peter Schneider's copy (letter A). It was $4.5K in CC's sale.
    Six Stories -- $2.5K - $3K ballpark. I paid up 15 years ago because of the provenance and the association. You might get one for less than my ballpark.
    Salem's Lot -- Black is minimum $14K since that was a recent sale and a huge bargain. I'm on record saying that a black Roman is a $17.5K - $20K book. Add at least $5K for a red Roman.
    TGWLTG -- no precedent that I'm aware of. Only 15 signed...but not as sought-after as Danse Macabre. I know of one copy and I agreed to buy it this summer as part of a larger purchase. Therefore, I don't want to give a price other than to say that the numbers discussed are way below what I will pay.
    Sie -- $3K - $4K depending upon the seller. I bought one from an Austrian dealer for less than $2.5K but I had to pay up to replace it.

I have no idea about Angst. I believe Stockerlone offered a price range a few days ago. I hope there are some successful transactions and I hope this helps.

John
    Damm. I’m out for most of those at that price range.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris,

You don't have to buy them all today...and you might find someone with a lettered book that you can buy over time. Good luck and stay safe!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Kris,

You don't have to buy them all today...and you might find someone with a lettered book that you can buy over time. Good luck and stay safe!

John
    Oh I can’t! Haha I sold a slinger s/l so have a few dollars and books make me so happy so I’m hopeful for one MAYBE two. That’s all hope you are well too my friend. Stay well and safe.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

1981 Cujo letter
    1983 Christine letter
    1984 The Talisman letter
    1990 The Stand letter
    1997 Six Stories Roman
    2004 Salems Lot Roman
    SIE Bootleg
    ANGST Bootleg
    ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
    SIE Bootleg - $1200
    ANGST Bootleg - $750

John
    John or Kris or anyone,
    Help me understand. I am a huge collector, but I cannot justify in my mind why lettered copies of Cujo, Christine, Danse Macabre, The Stand etc... would be worth more than the numbered????
    Obviously, because people are willing to pay more!
    I don't know why anyone would pay more for the letter than the number when the books are exactly the same! I am happy to own all the Lettered editions of every book that is different. Beautiful editions for
    Regulators, Skeleton Crew and of course Misery and others.
    Maybe it's me and I just can't relate. I buy stuff all the time and pay significant $$$ I just can't figure out why a letter makes those editions more valuable IMHO??

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post

1981 Cujo letter
    1983 Christine letter
    1984 The Talisman letter
    1990 The Stand letter
    1997 Six Stories Roman
    2004 Salems Lot Roman
    SIE Bootleg
    ANGST Bootleg
    ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
    SIE Bootleg - $1200
    ANGST Bootleg - $750

John
    John or Kris or anyone,
    Help me understand. I am a huge collector, but I cannot justify in my mind why lettered copies of Cujo, Christine, Danse Macabre, The Stand etc... would be worth more than the numbered????
    I don't know why anyone would pay more for the letter than the number when the books are exactly the same! I am happy to own all the Lettered editions of every book that is different. Beautiful editions for
    Maybe it's me and I just can't relate. I buy stuff all the time and pay significant $$$ I just can't figure out why a letter makes those editions more valuable IMHO??
    I have to agree. Hence my $ amounts. Perhaps a bit more.. but damm! Just a number v letter?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rarity and collecting usually go hand in hand right?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post

John or Kris or anyone,
    Lettered editions have evolved in to more exclusive versions, with higher production values, but i believe their original role was for private distribution by the author to close associates. Therefore the early lettered are considered association copies which makes them more desirable, even though the only visible difference is the letter.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

A 1931 $20 Gold Double Eagle is worth about half the value of the same coin dated 1930.
    Again it’s an identical coin with just one digit difference.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    A 1931 $20 Gold Double Eagle is worth about half the value of the same coin dated 1930.
    1930 is more rare I assume?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad my lettered editions have gone up so much in value.

Roseannebarr said, "Being laid off STINKS. $1500 - $2000 month missing from my budget each month."

I just got my P60 form which is the UK earnings and tax paid yearly. I earned Ł8,400 for the whole year.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

To me that's different. The coins are different and struck in different years. The books are identical and printed at the same time.

Kerry, the only difference I see is the value placed upon the letter by collectors. There is no inherent value. There is an artificial value created by the fact there are people willing to pay more for the letter.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Surly hit the nail on the head. The early lettered editions were "set aside," so to speak, for those in the King circle who either had something to do with the publishing or sale of the book or someone close to King. They were not offered to the public for sale. And that's just as different as coins struck in different years.

The "artificial value created by the fact there are people willing to pay more for the letter" is simply called supply and demand. If these lettered books are differentiated only by a letter or a number, then why aren't there more opportunities to buy them? Why don't we see more lettered Plants, or lettered EOTDs, red numbered CP Salem's Lot?

I appreciate collector's different perspective on this issue. It's been discussed many times before and there are differing opinions, to be sure. So whether or not my estimates are accurate remains to be seen. I gave context for my numbers so you can take it for what it is. I won't get dragged into an argument about how collectors determine value on various items, though. I've said enough on this topic. Good luck in finding the best deal out there for everyone!

John

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Brian, I completely understand the rationale of your logic regarding limited and lettered.
    The collecting world of books is open to a myriad of opinions, it is not “one size fits all”.
    I suppose it’s one of the reasons that makes it so personal and diverse.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    To me that's different. The coins are different and struck in different years. The books are identical and printed at the same time.

Kerry, the only difference I see is the value placed upon the letter by collectors. There is no inherent value. There is an artificial value created by the fact there are people willing to pay more for the letter.
    Brian, you are right on, that's the bottom line.

Johnny & Surly, I see your point and agree sort of. I have many signed books because of association signatures and inscriptions and yes the lettered versions did go to important people in King's life but who?
    At least with EOTD or NLR we know who and it's "value" is the person of relationship. A lettered Cujo is nice but doesn't mean anything because you don't know who owned it (most of the time).

I appreciate different collector's perspective also. Over the years I've had the opportunity to buy all of the lettereds and always found something else I prized more, that's collecting!

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking for the PLUME ARC of DTIV Wizard and Glass!

Happy to buy/trade for it. Thanks.!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps this is a question that deserves its own thread, but does anyone know when the "shift" occurred? By this I mean the change from a lettered designation meaning a not-for-sale or association copy to a more exclusive version with higher production values? The earliest lettered book that I'm aware of for which the lettered designation took on the more modern "higher production value" meaning was the first Charnel House release in 1989. It seems like most of the books (King, at least) that Kris mentioned are from the 1980s, with the last in 1990, and then by 1996 when The Regulators was released, we were firmly in the "modern" era.

Was Joe really the first publisher to draw this distinct line for the modern use of lettered editions? I mean my guess is "no"... maybe he was the first to use a letter to designate his deluxe versions, but there had to have been publishers prior to 1989 that was doing both "regular" and "deluxe" editions, right? I'm so steeped in the genre world (when it comes to limited editions) and probably the first person to do this was not a horror publisher so it's not on my radar. I mean I'm definitely willing to give him credit for popularizing the convention - he was doing amazing stuff in the 1990s before a lot of other small publishers caught on and deserves some big kudos for pushing the small press publishing game forward. But when we talk about the current modern convention - a nicely produced limited edition book, typically with a run of 1000 or less, being designated with a number, and an even nicer, even more limited book, with a max run of 52 or less, being designated by a number, produced by the same publisher in roughly the same time frame - was there someone doing this before The Stress of Her Regard came out in 1989?

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Was the lettered asbestos Firestarter an association copy edition? That one was markedly different from the numbered version, and if I remember correctly, was sold publicly.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lord John Press did Dolan's Cadillac in 1989. The lettered was bound completely different than the two "lower" styles of the numbered.
    Of course Firestarter (1980) with the "asbestos" DJ could be considered, but the book block itself was the same as the S/L.

The chronological list of SK's signed limited books might be of assistance.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...igned+Limiteds

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Was the lettered asbestos Firestarter an association copy edition? That one was markedly different from the numbered version, and if I remember correctly, was sold publicly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Lord John Press did Dolan's Cadillac in 1989. The lettered was bound completely different than the two "lower" styles of the numbered.
    Of course Firestarter (1980) with the "asbestos" DJ could be considered, but the book block itself was the same as the S/L.

The chronological list of SK's signed limited books might be of assistance.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...igned+Limiteds
    Oooooooo - good call guys! Even with the book block the same, I'd definitely consider Firestarter to follow the "modern" convention. And it was 1980! Looking at the other S/L books from 1980-1989, it looks like only Firestarter and Dolan's Cadillac use that convention, and all the other books use letters to designate internal copies.

Either way, this moves the date up from 1989 at Charnel House to 1980 at Phantasia Press. It looks like Phantasia Press started publishing in 1978 but I don't recognize a lot of their earlier output so I'm not sure if "deluxe" editions were something they regularly did or was something special for Firestarter. Either way that gives me a good idea of how to keep digging...

I can't give either of you positive feedback right now but thank you!

Would love to hear from people who have older Phantasia books (cough, Steve?, cough) if they have any other lettered editions that were "deluxe"...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

1981 Cujo letter
    1983 Christine letter
    1984 The Talisman letter
    1990 The Stand letter
    1997 Six Stories Roman
    2004 Salems Lot Roman
    SIE Bootleg
    ANGST Bootleg
    ALL for me.

Thanks

1981 Cujo letter - $2000
    SIE Bootleg - $1200
    ANGST Bootleg - $750

John
    I bought Mike Pasiuk's Lettered Danse over a year ago (i got a good deal).....$6,500 and bought his Angst for $1,600

I sold a Lettered Stand for $5,800 not too long ago

Lettered Gunslinger agreed around $10k
    Cujo/Christine agree around $3,000
    Agree with Johnny on Talisman, Six Stories and GWLTG

Salem's Lot Roman....one just sold (black) for $14,000 agree red maybe $5k higher

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 344 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 ... LastLast