Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 344 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 8585

Thread: King Books/Items Wanted

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    PFFFF. Destroyed.
    Yep gone. It was a flawless copy. I’m totally devastated and didn’t have coverage...
    A $1000+ book and you didn't have shipping insurance??
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    PFFFF. Destroyed.
    Yep gone. It was a flawless copy. I’m totally devastated and didn’t have coverage...
    I don’t need a lesson Simon I’m upset enough. Thanks for your comment though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

PFFFF. Destroyed.

Sorry Kris, I didn't mean to rub it in. I was just surprised knowing how much you buy and sell. I was wondering if there were some circumstances that prevented you having it is all.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PFFFF. Destroyed.

Sorry Kris, I didn't mean to rub it in. I was just surprised knowing how much you buy and sell. I was wondering if there were some circumstances that prevented you having it is all.
    No worries...
    I didn’t ship it and just sour and touchy I guess... a flawless copy.. gone forever and now in the trash

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Curious what kind of packing job it was. If I'm shipping an expensive book like that I'm wrapping it in waterproof type packing materials so there's no chance of that happening.

Still no excuse for the abysmal handing by USPS. I die a little inside when I see rare books destroyed because of poor handling/bad packing jobs.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Curious what kind of packing job it was. If I'm shipping an expensive book like that I'm wrapping it in waterproof type packing materials so there's no chance of that happening.

Still no excuse for the abysmal handing by USPS. I die a little inside when I see rare books destroyed because of poor handling/bad packing jobs.
    Bubble wrapped and then in suntup packing. Then in a box and crimped paper all around that and then another box. It was packed WELL.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So this Night Shift was a perfect copy. USPS decided to take it swimming.
    Bubble wrapped and then in suntup packing. Then in a box and crimped paper all around that and then another box. It was packed WELL.
    Duuuuuuude, that sucks, so sorry to hear it. Nobody packs for watertightness, that's just not done; the assumption is the package won't be submerged or left out in the elements.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've purchased and shipped many a valuable book and haven't insured them. IMO, it's the sellers job to get me the book in the condition I bought it. If it's damaged, the seller eats the cost.
    A buyer can't purchase the insurance when buying the book. Only the seller can pay the insurance, and only the seller would be reimbursed for the loss. Me as a seller assumes the risk shipping the book without insurance.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I've purchased and shipped many a valuable book and haven't insured them. IMO, it's the sellers job to get me the book in the condition I bought it. If it's damaged, the seller eats the cost.
    A buyer can't purchase the insurance when buying the book. Only the seller can pay the insurance, and only the seller would be reimbursed for the loss. Me as a seller assumes the risk shipping the book without insurance.
    Agreed

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

That sucks and I'm sorry to see that Kris. I was getting ready to ask if anyone had upgraded their first edition Night Shift and wanted to sell their lesser copy.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm so sorry, Kris. That seriously hurts my soul. I can't imagine what it must have felt like to unbox that. How does a package even come close to that much water? So sad.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.

I sell far less frequently than a lot of people on here and I generally forego the insurance unless requested by the buyer. I've never had a package lost or destroyed (either buying or selling), which probably gives me a false sense of confidence! But also, insurance isn't free! At this point if I took a $1000 loss on a book it would be really quite unpleasant but still cheaper than if I had bought insurance for every book I've shipped out in the past couple of years.

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a Night Shift 1st they would part with? Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So that was a non-lib copy? Man that is just horrible. I am sorry Kris. I have a lib copy with glue stains, but at least it's inscribed. Probably not worth much. But it's the only one I got.
    I would love to get a non-lib as well. But that will probably never happen. So I will be happy with the copy I have. I do hope you are able to find another one.

Country
    Country Flag

I know 1st jackets are hard to find and pricey... but how about 2nd jackets? Anyone?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, I have a package I personally dropped off 8 days ago at the local Post Office.
    Tracking shows nothing scanned, only the label I created.
    $750 book, that is my responsibility.
    If it doesn't show up in 30 days, I refund the buyer......sigh

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Out of curiosity, does anyone have or has anyone ever seen a "To Shannon" inscription?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You could dedicate the book you published to Shannon.
    To answer your question, no, I've never seen a King book with a Shannon inscription. Even rarer than Jerome.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Garrell?
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

I recently tried to get a green mile sub press gift edition off betts but it was already sold by the time I emailed him. Anyone have one for sale. I know Camelot has one up but the price is a a little high imo.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You could dedicate the book you published to Shannon.
    To answer your question, no, I've never seen a King book with a Shannon inscription. Even rarer than Jerome.
    Quite close, I have one signed to Jeremy
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a Dead Zone inscribed to "Vinnie" on 1 November 1980, and one day I'd love to find and buy this Firestarter that King also signed for this same "Vinnie" on that day:

https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Gunslinger Apprentice Vigoran will become famous soon enough Vigoran will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    I have a Dead Zone inscribed to "Vinnie" on 1 November 1980, and one day I'd love to find and buy this Firestarter that King also signed for this same "Vinnie" on that day:

I’d love to see one signed on my birthday, 11/1/88

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will buy or trade for PC copies of DTII, DTV, or DTVII.

Along the Path of the Beam Dave1442397 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    So this Night Shift was a perfect copy. USPS decided to take it swimming.
    Duuuuuuude, that sucks, so sorry to hear it. Nobody packs for watertightness, that's just not done; the assumption is the package won't be submerged or left out in the elements.
    I always pack books assuming that they'll be left in the rain, or carried around in the rain before final delivery. I've lost count of how many times we've gotten waterlogged mail and packages at our front door.

I wrap larger books in saran wrap before wrapping them in bubble wrap. Smaller books go in ziplock bags that are then taped to ensure a waterproof seal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 344 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 ... LastLast