Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible New DT Book from Kings Message Board

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If that's true, then hopefully it will get rid of the bad taste that Furth left on the series.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    If that's true, then hopefully it will get rid of the bad taste that Furth left on the series.
    amen to that!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow this is so exciting! I might hold off on re-reading the books until this comes out then. Maybe.
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazingly exciting indeed!!! Can't wait for the outcome of this

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    amen to that!
    and..........TRI-FECTA!~

Quote Originally Posted by theyspunaweb View Post
    Wow this is so exciting! I might hold off on re-reading the books until this comes out then. Maybe.
    I used to reread them all the time, and now I haven't read them in about a year...... weird.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I used to reread them all the time, and now I haven't read them in about a year...... weird.
    Especially when you consider the word 'weird' comes from the Anglo-saxon word 'wyrd' which roughly translates: destiny. Like a certain other word in the Dark Tower books...

Or maybe I'm just easily fascinated.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

So so happy about this.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope that somewhere in there it includes the story about Dennis and Thomas (from Eyes of the Dragon) and the story about what happened when they caught up with Randall Flagg. I have wanted to know more about this story, it has me very curious.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick Danville?
    Spoiler:
    crosses fingers and spins around 7 times, spits 19 times

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I hope that somewhere in there it includes the story about Dennis and Thomas (from Eyes of the Dragon) and the story about what happened when they caught up with Randall Flagg. I have wanted to know more about this story, it has me very curious.
    Same here.

Thomas should be the one to have killed Flagg, given their history together. Even moreso than Roland, I would argue. He personally ruined Thomas's life much more than he did Roland's.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

He personally ruined Thomas's life much more than he did Roland's.
    I dunno he screwed Roland's mom and helped facilitate the destruction of gilead and the death of all of roland's companions and that was just for starters...

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Per Ms. Mod on the SKMB.

Stephen has given me permission to pass along that he has an idea for a new Dark Tower book, the working title of which will be THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE. He has not yet started this book and anticipates that it will be a minimum of eight months before he is able to begin writing it.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno he screwed Roland's mom and helped facilitate the destruction of gilead and the death of all of roland's companions and that was just for starters...
    But that wasn't all of Flagg's doing--John Farson and the Crimson King both presumably played a major role as well.

In contrast, with Eyes, it was Flagg and Flagg alone. Not only did Flagg murder both of Thomas's parents, he had his brother imprisoned for most of his life and pretty much made Thomas his bitch, running Delain into the ground in the process and forcing Thomas to flee when it was all over. There's also a greater sense of betrayal as Flagg was the closest thing Thomas had to a friend throughout his childhood when everyone else neglected him.

My Collection

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It will actually be seven volumes of DT erotica.
    Spoiler:
    So, just when you're about to orgasm, you wake up fully clothed in the restaurant and have to pay for dinner again?

Country
    Country Flag

from stephenking.com:

“Stephen has announced that he has an idea for a new Dark Tower book, the working title of which will be THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE. He has not yet started this book and anticipates that it will be a minimum of eight months before he is able to begin writing it.”

Country
    Country Flag

Amen to that.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It will actually be seven volumes of DT erotica.
    Spoiler:
    So, just when you're about to orgasm, you wake up fully clothed in the restaurant and have to pay for dinner again?
    Spoiler:
    Or, just when you're about to orgasm, your girlfriend starts screaming "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" and some guy breaks into your room and has sex with her instead while you just watch.

My Collection

John F. Kennedy Beambounder is on a distinguished road Beambounder's Avatar

I knew he would write another Dark Tower Book. I was at The Times Center signing.It was a dream come true; and he was very amusing and interesting; no surprise,-yet it was great to be able to ask him a question and receive a rich, and friendly answer. In a sense, all of Sai King's novels are related to The Dark Tower. Each is just a sub-beam or magnification of a time or a place. Microcosms, within macrocosms. It is all part of the incredible ever more BELIEVEABLE, universes that he continually constructs,remodels, and adds extra details to. Long Days and Pleasant Nights to all of you wondrous followers. Peace

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

But that wasn't all of Flagg's doing--John Farson and the Crimson King both presumably played a major role as well.

In contrast, with Eyes, it was Flagg and Flagg alone. Not only did Flagg murder both of Thomas's parents, he had his brother imprisoned for most of his life and pretty much made Thomas his bitch, running Delain into the ground in the process and forcing Thomas to flee when it was all over. There's also a greater sense of betrayal as Flagg was the closest thing Thomas had to a friend throughout his childhood when everyone else neglected him.
    He banged Roland's mom
    Case closed

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Or, just when you're about to orgasm, your girlfriend starts screaming "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" and some guy breaks into your room and has sex with her instead while you just watch.
    I had to try hard not to laugh out loud when I read this.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nocny View Post
    According to Lilja:

King stated he will write another Dark Tower novel. It will center around supporting characters and revolve around some important events between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla. One fan asked him to make sure Oy comes back, and King said not to worry, that Oy would return.
    I think there's an error, it would take place between Wizard and Glass and Little Sisters Of Eluria.
    No, it's between the 4th and 5th book. Check out the clip from yesterday on my site and you'll her it from King himself.

Lilja

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I still don't agree all King's novels (or short stories) are part of the DT universe. Where, for example, does Firestarter or The Reach, fit in? I think it's an understatement many claim. There's a lot of King work that has nothing to do with the Tower at all, but there are a few novels that do...

Traveler johnny39 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nocny View Post
    According to Lilja:

King stated he will write another Dark Tower novel. It will center around supporting characters and revolve around some important events between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla. One fan asked him to make sure Oy comes back, and King said not to worry, that Oy would return.
    I think there's an error, it would take place between Wizard and Glass and Little Sisters Of Eluria.
    No, it's between the 4th and 5th book. Check out the clip from yesterday on my site and you'll her it from King himself.

Lilja
    This could mean either the time between Flagg's disappearance in W&G and when he comes back, or (more likely IMO), between the events of Mejis and Jericho Hill, which is written about in Wolves.

It would be great if he told the story of Flagg. He kinda goes away after W&G and doesn't appear again (if I remember right) until the last book.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    I still don't agree all King's novels (or short stories) are part of the DT universe. Where, for example, does Firestarter or The Reach, fit in? I think it's an understatement many claim. There's a lot of King work that has nothing to do with the Tower at all, but there are a few novels that do...
    I think firestarter is pretty obvious: charlene mcgee is a powerful breaker
    alot of his stories retroactively fit in with the DT stories havent read the reach in a long time so not sure about that one...

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post

Lilja
    Yeah I saw it, thanks Well, wizardsrainbow had to misheard it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast