Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 113 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    You have to wonder why they put up such a poll to ask which artist fans would like to see illustrating the new book if they are just going to ignore the results, Jae Lee didn't win that poll, he wasn't even second he was joint third. I expect he would have been a lot further down if he didn't have the second highest profile of anyone on that list thanks to the DT comics.
    I wonder how much effort was made to work a deal with the guy who came in second behind Whelan. Based on a quick look at his site, I bet he would have been good.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    You have to wonder why they put up such a poll to ask which artist fans would like to see illustrating the new book if they are just going to ignore the results, Jae Lee didn't win that poll, he wasn't even second he was joint third. I expect he would have been a lot further down if he didn't have the second highest profile of anyone on that list thanks to the DT comics.
    I wonder how much effort was made to work a deal with the guy who came in second behind Whelan. Based on a quick look at his site, I bet he would have been good.
    Maybe the poll was a tool to purposely raise or lower a specific artist's buying temperature. Maybe they got Lee to do it "on the cheap" because he got a low percentage of the vote?

And how much happier would people be if the cover was a Whelan version of "Tiger and Boy"? (Or even the 2nd place guy)
    I don't think I'd be much happier at all.

But hey, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining too much. I think the jacket will look plenty fine once Grant adds all the extras to it. Right now it just looks so barren...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

If I remember correctly Whelan wasn't chosen because the powers that be wanted to use someone outside the artists that had already been used. Which is something I totally understand. Personally I actually like Jae Lee's artwork. I don't particularly care for the cover piece they chose, but I understand why it was chosen.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    If I remember correctly Whelan wasn't chosen because the powers that be wanted to use someone outside the artists that had already been used. Which is something I totally understand. Personally I actually like Jae Lee's artwork. I don't particularly care for the cover piece they chose, but I understand why it was chosen.
    Was Bernie Wrightson ever considered for it's illustrator?. I voted for him to the the illustrator.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

King wanted Lee from the get go. I don't remember the reason for the poll, but it wasn't EVER to decide who the artist was going to be as that decision was already made.

Lee's wife did the coloring for the book.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

Can someone tell me if this story mainly focuses on Roland's past or the present?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    Can someone tell me if this story mainly focuses on Roland's past or the present?
    It's a story from the Book of Eld, so it's his past.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Lee's wife did the coloring for the book.
    Interesting. Thanks for that bit of trivia, Karen.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone else posted the art from the latest Grant flyer?

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Has anyone else posted the art from the latest Grant flyer?

Although I'm not the biggest fan of Lee's style, seeing these makes me realize that it's really the typography on the Grant cover that bugs me and not the image.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finely figured out the reason why Jae Lee's illustrates bugged me like someone else on here pointed out he doesn't do backgrounds for his pic's. I am glad it is his wife who does the color for them.
    This being a fairy tale like story his illustrations are growing on me for this book. They still remind me of the comic books thought.
    I am just glad we all have a new Dark Tower book to drool over and of course read.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to receive the flyer!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got two of them--and the post man managed to drop both in the snow!

John

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received mine and didn't even think to see if someone might have wanted it. I tossed it. Now that I know folks like these things, I'll try not to do that next time.

Along the Path of the Beam dubrosa22 is on a distinguished road dubrosa22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was very happy to receive my Grant brochure in faraway Oz only yesterday
    Very happy with the new Lee pics in it. Much better!!!!!
    “All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl.” - JLG

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

According to PS Publishing's latest newsletter, H&S will issue a limited (700 copies), slipcased edition of TWTTKH (with the standard facsimile sig, of course).

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

For £100 i won't be getting one of them, hell, even at £50 i doubt i would get a copy!

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah 100GBP seemed kinda high for a facsimile signature, even though it does come with a slipcase...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The JUST AFTER SUNSET slipcased, limited (500 copies), with facsimile sig was only £45 if I recall correctly. I really have no idea why they jacked up the price for these recent editions with facsimile sigs. Especially since the true signed limited UNDER THE DOME had a retail price of £100!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    The JUST AFTER SUNSET slipcased, limited (500 copies), with facsimile sig was only £45 if I recall correctly. I really have no idea why they jacked up the price for these recent editions with facsimile sigs. Especially since the true signed limited UNDER THE DOME had a retail price of £100!
    Exactly my thoughts!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This should be the same price as JAS (£45), because there are no extras like DVDs the others had.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yeah 100GBP seemed kinda high for a facsimile signature, even though it does come with a slipcase...
    You should see what a US retailer who wants to offer this has to pay... Ugh.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

John F. Kennedy DisneyGuys is on a distinguished road DisneyGuys's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hoping to hear from some voices of experience.
    What is the best method for purchasing one of the UK "trade" editions of The Wind Through the Keyhole for myself in the US? I'm kinda hooked by the idea of the mosaic using photos submitted by people on Facebook (I submitted one). If my photo is one used, then I would like to acquire a copy of the book.
    Is it best to purchase direct from the UK publisher? Via Amazon or Amazon.uk? Or wait until Cemetery Dance offers some of the UK trade editions on their site (as I am a happy customer of CD)? I guess I could just watch and pick up a copy on eBay, but I has less confidence in being sure of the condition coming from an individual reseller.
    Please let me know some opinions on which way I should proceed.
    Thanks, Daniel

Country
    Country Flag

I would use Amazon.co.uk if I were you. Despite their poor packing skills, I never received a damaged book from them. Granted, from the UK to The Netherlands isn't that far, but I have the same experience with US books from Amazon.com.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 113 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast