Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wind Through the Keyhole-Collecting Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I don't agree with the comic book description, either -- and I've read it, too. It's no more of a comic story arc than the flashback of W&G is, in my opinion.
    I agree with Bev's assessment. That's exactly how I felt, too.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Bev and Brian as well.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'd be glad to read it and give my assessment if only I had the opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

It's being referred to a as a "comic" because of the art.

The art is amazing! Wait til you see the rest of it. And, yes, if you wanna see the Jae Lee art, you have to purchase the Grant edition, cause Scribner is not including anything....
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

If I buy a artist edition when does my card get charged?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still haven't received my AE confirmation apart from an email that a confirmation is forthcoming. And I placed the order as soon as it was possible.

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I'm holding off just because I'm not sure when exactly its shipping and when my card would be charged in relation to that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    I'm holding off just because I'm not sure when exactly its shipping and when my card would be charged in relation to that.
    I wouldn't fret too much. They are not going to sell out of the AE anytime soon. Plus I don't think Jae Lee will do full page remarques in "a few".

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I did receive a confirmation email ("Re: WWW Form Submission"). The email says the following:

If you have chosen the ³lump sum² payment or have placed a pre-order under $300, your card will be charged just prior to shipping in February 2012.

I would like to say how jealous I am of those who have read it already. I'll gladly take a day off to drive up to New Hampshire if you need another proof reader.

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I wouldn't fret too much. They are not going to sell out of the AE anytime soon. Plus I don't think Jae Lee will do full page remarques in "a few".
    That does make me a little sad that there's no chance of coming across a neat remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That does make me a little sad that there's no chance of coming across a neat remarque
    There is the same chance as coming across a LSOE that was remarqued-slim and none.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also agree. It's anything but a comic ARC.

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

They are going to be charged sometime in February.

Can't tell ya when exactly. Sorry. It's in the works! We are waiting now. Printers and such....tick tick tick....just waiting....I HATE waiting!

But the art is cool!!!! I have three fav colors and two B&W snicker snicker

And, we don't need another proof reader. The book has already been printed! LOL But thanks for the offer
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This implies that you don't need the proofs for the book anymore. I'd be happy to take one off your hands!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, but it would be much cheaper to ship to Maryland.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There is the same chance as coming across a LSOE that was remarqued-slim and none.
    i bought 20 AE of LSOE but alas, no remarques.....

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll fly to your place & drive up with you if they need "2" more proof readers !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I did receive a confirmation email ("Re: WWW Form Submission"). The email says the following:

If you have chosen the ³lump sum² payment or have placed a pre-order under $300, your card will be charged just prior to shipping in February 2012.

I would like to say how jealous I am of those who have read it already. I'll gladly take a day off to drive up to New Hampshire if you need another proof reader.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'll second that one too !!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    This implies that you don't need the proofs for the book anymore. I'd be happy to take one off your hands!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Oh, but I never asked Karen to send me one for free - I'll gladly pay for the proof and the shipping!

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

PlayPhish said "comic story arc". I have the feeling he has read the story-and thus is qualified to render an opinion.
    Thoroughly enjoyed the book; finished in an evening. I just feel that the Dark Tower series is done. Backstory should be relegated to the comics now.

There is one element in the book I disliked greatly but will refrain from mentioning it until the book is published. It may be that I'm reading too much into it.

I haven't seen any artwork but am pretty excited as I like Lee's comic work.

My Mood
    Devilish

Yeah but can the series really be done if King says otherwise? As for the backstory...the comics followed the storyline from after Wizard and Glass so really it all comes back to the Dark Tower novels anyway you look at it.

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

Yeah but can the series really be done if King says otherwise?
    In my mind, YES!
    It finished with DT VII.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Oh, but I never asked Karen to send me one for free - I'll gladly pay for the proof and the shipping!
    I offered to drive up to New Hampshire. I wouldn't even expect to keep it; I would just read it and then go home.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So apparently Bev, Brian & Ari all of them have proof copies. US one i guess?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by PlayPhish View Post
    Yeah but can the series really be done if King says otherwise?
    In my mind, YES!
    It finished with DT VII.
    As someone who was EXTREMELY disappointed with the ending I'm glad he's still keeping it going. That confrontation with Roland and The Crimson King was horrid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 113 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast